Chapter 60

____

"I have already told you, Mom! Stop what you're doing and just go home! Bumalik kana ng Batangas and just live your life just like how you're living for the past few years!"

"A-anu? Hindi son, I will not back-out! I will stay here and continue with the campaign! Hindi ako magwi-withdraw!"

"What?! Mom enough please! You have to listen to me, just go back home!"

"Go home and what son? Gusto mo hayaan ko nalang na ang mga demonyong iyun na maging malaya at masaya? Gusto mo kalimutan ko nalang what they did to your father? Son, those people are not deserving to live like that! They don't deserve to rule this country! Mga mamamatay tao sila at walang mga puso para sa taumbayan!"

"So, what do you want to do Mom? Susugod ka sa giyera na sila mismo ang may pakana? You will be dead, wala ka pang nagagawa! Mom, all these years, I've been cautious and remained ignorant of all the things they've been doing kahit na alam ko ang lahat because I wanted to protect you. I know that as soon as I take my action, they'll come at you, they will kill you and I don't want that. You have to live Mom so please, so stop all of this! Iwanan mo na lamang sa akin and focus on yourself."

"Anak hindi mo ako naiintindihan! Hindi ko titigilan ang mga taong iyun hanggat hindi nabibigyan ng hustisya ang pagkamatay ng iyung ama at hanggat hindi natin nababawi ang para sa atin!"

"Mom please! I already have a lot on my plate right now, I don't have time to always worry about you okay! Anung silbi ng pagkuha mo ng hustisya para kay Dad kung ikaw mismo patay na! Those people are evil, they'll do everything to get what they want! Ayuko ng problemahin pa sila! They can do whatever they want, for all I care! I'm done with it. What only matters to me is you being alive and well, my daughter, my family! This world is full of cruelty Mom, even superman can't save it. So, as long as we're okay, let them be!" Tila pagsasawalang bahala na lamang na pahayag ni Dhark ngunit tinignan siya ng mariin ng kanyang ina.

"What?! That's so disappointing of you son! That's not you at all!"

"Okay fine! Fine! Let me take care of everything here and just-- just go home! Withdraw from the Presidential election and protect yourself. Also, you will have to relocate to a safety house when you go back there. I'll take care of the rest of the things here. I'll put the first lady behind bars and make sure that Henry will lose this election and retire. But that's all, you can run again if you want to, but not now. Let's wait for the right time for it. Mom, you have to live okay, that's the reason why I'm doing this. Please understand that."

Hindi na nakatugon pa si Hillary sa tinuran ng anak.

"Ah by the way Mom, the Vice President, don't trust him." Kapagkuwa'y turan muli ni Dhark kaya naningkit ang mga mata ng kanyang ina.

"What did you say?"

"Mom, you heard me right."

"Oh, c'mon son, I know that you don't like Francis ever since we got married, but he's a good man. He's been taking care of me for all these years. He's someone I could trust. Anak, sana huwag mo namang idamay ang Tito Francis mo dito."

Napangisi lamang siya dahil sa narinig, "Mom, listen, just go back to Batangas and stay in your safehouse. Don't let Francis know about it, it's the best thing that you do. I couldn't tell you the reason yet, but you have to trust me." Pagpapaunawa naman niyang muling bilin.