StoryTellers: Deathly Meet.

Serena scanned the small camp just outside Lumiose. Night Star was there, packing his stuff while an umbrella rested above him, almost shielding him from something. She approached, hoping to see if she was right. He must've heard her as he turned around, hazel eyes scanning her.

"Yes?"

"I have questions for you. All pointing to last night." He eyed her before getting to his feet, revealing a less formal version of his contest attire.

"Go ahead."

"First of all, what did you use on stage?" He tilted his head. "Your eyes flashed red, so you must've casted something." He hummed lightly. But he gave no response, only scanning her like she was threatening. "Second of all, were you the one who attacked my friend?" Again, head was tilted. "My friend was attacked by a vampire last night. And for someone who seems to work best at night, that's suspicious." He hummed again before finally speaking.

"Let me ask you... if I answered yes to that second question, what would you do?" She took a moment to scan him before noticing a tensed posture. Realizing why, she answered.

"Not as much as I could. I mean... saying yes would make you a vampire. I don't have a way to kill you, I don't have any way to threaten you... I guess if you were to say yes, I could only really scold you for attacking a friend." He seemed to relax a bit before sighing.

"Then... yes. I might've attacked some people last night. I do... vaguely remember seeing your face. Though... you were getting ready to attack me..." She scoffed.

"That was before I knew you were a Vampire. Once I saw the bite mark, there was nothing I could do that would've hurt you." She then paused. "That doesn't answer the first question." He hummed.

"It was better to flip the questions." He sighed. "I... don't like the bright flashing lights that they have on the stages. But... the judges and audience can't see you in a dark room. I also hate the loud sound from all the cheering, but I can't tell them to be quiet. So I cast an illusion to make it seem like I'm out on stage before going invisible to hide in a dark corner. No one has ever questioned it... but that's mostly because the pokemon are the center of attention." He gave a soft noise. "There's a reason I don't like moving around the day. Most of my companions from earlier journeys didn't like having to help me around because I couldn't journey in daylight hours."

She was quiet as he turned back to his stuff, almost scanning it. She could see the visible weakness in his face as he attempted to stay up, despite the sun's powerful rays. She finally got closer, closing the gap a bit.

"I... can help." He turned to her as she smiled. "I may not get the whole Contest thing, but I can understand the struggle to travel. So I can help you out." He scanned her before a warm smile crossed his face.

"Sure..." She smiled.

"Great! Let's get going."