Emerald: The System.

Defeating Mossdeep and Sootopolis wasn't hard. Except that he was limping the whole time. Sapphire yelled at him as they prepared to charge against Team Magma and Team Aqua.

"Stop charging in without your pokemon!" Ruby blinked as he shifted his weight onto his injured leg.

"I... don't know what you mean..." She narrowed her eyes as he had to shift the weight back off, having felt faint.

"Norman! Your son is about to end up in the ICU!" The gym leader let out this sound as he went over to Ruby, who blinked twice.

"Well, that sounds like a you problem, Sapphire." She took two seconds before turning to Steven, who was looking over a folder.

"Get ready to have a replacement for Petalburg Gym." The two chuckled before Ruby winced from standing on his injured leg. She scolded him softly as he smiled weakly.

~

After clearing up the mess, Ruby collapsed against Sapphire, who was ready for him. Everything hurt as he focused on staying awake.

"Shh..." An ambulance was rushing over as she petted his head. "You did great..." He took a deep breath as he focused on the ground. His legs trembled as she gulped. The meds got him on a stretcher as he took deep breaths. "Stay with me. Ok?" His right eye looked at her as they got him strapped and ready. A soft smile crossed his face before pain filled his face. They rushed him away as she gulped.

~

Wally stayed by his side, making sure he was stable since Sapphire got swamped. Ruby only woke twice: once in a panic and a second time to Sapphire's first visit.

"He panicked last time he was awake... so if he wakes up this time, we should be careful."

"Right." Ruby stirred before Sapphire went to his side. "Ruby?" His right eye opened before a weak smile crossed his face.

"Saphy-" A shudder crossed his body before the smile returned. She gave a big sigh.

"You are an idiot." He chuckled softly before another tremble followed. Another sigh escaped her. "I love you, but please. Please stop trying to end up in a graveyard." Ruby paused.

"It's not my fault-"

"You charged at Groudon without your pokemon at your side." He looked away, almost trying to see the invisible person she was accusing. A chuckle escaped her as she kissed his head. "You aren't as bright as you think." He gave a soft smile before another tremble followed.

~

Once out of the hospital, he was informed that he would need a crutch due to his leg not healing correctly. She scolded him before they left.

"Well... now we can get to work." Ruby nodded as she brought her umbrella out into full bloom. "Masquerades! The charge starts now!"

~

Thanks for reading "Franticshipping: What If We-"

Emerald will not be writing any further of this. But if you want more Franticshipping, please check him out at: Em_LoveIslandCap 

Bye!