Emerald: The Move.

Red eyes flashed as a groan escaped the back.

"Mom!" A giggle escaped the front.

"We're passing Petalburg now. We have one more town to go through before we arrive at Littleroot. Calm down." The other person plopped down on the ground, making quite the noise as they did. Another laugh followed. "If you are not careful, I will drop you off with your father." The person got up.

"I'm not afraid of him!"

"Oh? And what, your Slakoth will save you?"

"Mom!" She giggled again.

~

The truck pulled to a stop as another noise escaped the back.

"Are we there yet!?" A chuckle followed as the Mother turned off the truck and got out. She went to the back before opening the doors. The person sat up with a pause.

"Yes we are. Welcome to our new home, you wild animal." Red eyes lit up before the person jumped to their feet and got out.

"Wow!" They looked around before turning to their mother. "This is it?" She smiled.

"Welcome to Littleroot, Ruby." The young boy smiled before looking around.

"Wow..."

~

After unpacking, Ruby finished looking over his battle book guide, memorizing tips and other suggestions before his father's voice bounced around the house.

"WHERE'S MY BOY!" Ruby had slammed the book shut, practically teleported downstairs and had tackled the older man.

"DAD!" The lady giggled as she joined them.

"Welcome home, darling." He smiled before releasing Ruby.

"You guys are already set here. Not bad."

They stood in the kitchen before Norman glanced at Ruby.

"You doing a journey?"

"Maybe. Not sure yet." He hummed.

"Sapphire's wandering." Ruby's eyes lit up.

"Really?" His mother nodded.

"Her parents are our next door neighbors." Norman nodded.

"She also made a name for herself. The Mysterious Master." Ruby's eyes were shimmering in shock. "I actually talked to her recently. She's excited to get the Masquerades moving forward again." Ruby immediately straightened up, adjusting his hat and made sure his clothes were at least presentable.

"Then I gotta catch up to her!" His mother giggled as she passed him a wet washcloth, allowing him to clean whatever dirt he had on his face.

"Then you should stop by the professor and see if he'll help you out." Ruby handed it back before double checking his hat. Norman chuckled.

"Better hurry. I hear she's already gotten some ribbons." Norman then grabbed the brown paper bag from his wife. "I gotta head back to the gym. But I'll be waiting for you." Ruby winced before he chased after his father who was racing out the door.

"YOU ARE GOING DOWN!"