29. Cheers to more heartache

"Summer!" my music is on full blast when someone tapped my shoulder and she is a perfect model of gym clothes with her blonde hair in bun that makes her pretty face stands out. She is Bree Daniels with every guys eyes on her.

I took off my headphones to smile "Hi Bree" or B.

How can I hate such a beautiful and kind girl when she has zero nasty attitude. She's very humble given the 2.4 million followers with back to back endorsements.

"I didn't know you go to gym? Ice didn't mention" I hummed but keeping the smile. "Which is good because now I have a gym buddy. I'll be staying here for one more day"

My eyes avert from her beautiful smile to the guy who checks her out while faking to get barbels. "You wanna move over there?" Far from predators?

"Sure" she grab her baby pink Stanley then walked with me.

Easy to admit but even me is watching of how she is working out like she's modeling and endorsing it.

Goddamn it, of why everyone surrounding Ice is either a drop dead gorgeous guy or everyone's dream girlfriend.

"Ice will show me around later, you wanna come?" Her offer is tempting at the same time hurting but I politely declined. "Summer, if you don't mind me asking out of curiosity..." we look at each other through the huge mirror and watched how her expression turned serious "what do you think of Ice?"

She's the second girl who asked me the very same question of Gigi Calista....

My smile deflated before clearing my throat "I don't know, she's my best friend"

Bree nodded with her lip pressing in thin line before she let out her perfect smile.

After few laps we headed to the shower room, I need a very cold shower to wake up my senses then bury myself of texting Gigi what she wants tonight for later movie marathon. Her teammates are all coming over, good thing is, she's in a private room and the rules are bend because apparently Elora is friend with few nurses and doctors.

I grab my bag and very luckily there's Bree with Ice "Are you sure you don't wanna come join us?" To be the third wheel?

"No thanks. I already have plans with Gigi tonight"

She look at Ice before turning back to me in knitted brows "Who's Gigi?"

Ice turned around before I can answer and Bree muttered goodbye to me as she catch up with Ice heading towards the exit.

****

Quarter to 12 midnight and like everyone else I fell asleep too while watching Enola Holmes.

"Sum..."Ally calls out in weak tone as I'm trying to walk very quietly towards the door. She checks her phone while rubbing her eyes "you know I can't let you drive alone"

"I'm ok Ally. I just badly need to go home"

We stared for a moment before she hesitantly nodded "Be safe and update me when you get home" I hummed then headed out the room.

I stretch my arms and so some basic warm up to awaken my sleep senses but decided to grab coffee in vending machine because the coffee shop here in not 24/7.

But unfortunately it is under maintenance and from the corner of my eyes there's Mateo eating lonely. I look around the occupied table that I recognize one of his classmates but non bothered to join him or at least be fake to invite over their table.

I honestly see myself to Mateo except having a smart braincells so it didn't surprise me to sit with him and now bringing up his eyes to me in doubt. "Just because your best friend is busy doesn't make me a spare human"

That genuinely made me chuckle, partly in sarcasm. "Trust me you're not and just like doctors? We're also good at handling our knifing skills so do not test me"

He scowled "you're just exactly like Ice, mean but the only difference is she do it with her judgmental eyes and yours is mouth"

I shrug, at least we have something in common.

"Who ate dull blanch broccoli?" I asked.

"It has many benefits like reducing the risk of cancer, boosting your immune health, skin health and risk of diabetes"

Hmmm...so Gigi needs that too. I stood up then smiles at him "thanks for the idea. I didn't know you're helpful"

"And smarter than Ice too" he proudly added.

But I shook my head "that, you're wrong" then leave him.