7. Truth or Date?

I absentmindedly bitting down my nails while staring countless times to Ice and I messages. I shouldn't be bothered that she didn't reply to my last message.

Me: Hi 🥹

Maybe she's busy?

"Okay, Ice is in" Margot says to all of us.

I frowned "she is?"

She lifts up her phone "Yep. She just replied"

Ice replied to her but left me in seen?

"Lez go!" Margot grab her things but Veronica and I are still sitting in the bleachers.

"What's happening? She's still not talking to you?"

I nodded. It has been 2 days.

"Well. That's good. Consider that as a sign" I grabbed my bag and we followed them in the parking lot.

Today is Friday and they planned to unwind by going to an open party and since they also have mutual friends to Ice circles they're also invited.

Besides, Carlisle boyfriend is Ice classmate.

I just don't know what will be my reaction when I see Ice after 2 days of ignoring me.

She really hates me for thinking that I purposely planned out Jaden tutoring me.

---------------

This might be stupid but I can't back out when I'm already contemplating whether to knock or put her passcode.

I just want us to be okay again.

Fine. I slide down the cover then put on her passcode

*beep

But it was invalid-did she just...did she just changed it? That's how much she hates me?

Okay.

I walked back to Veronica place, very angry and start to pour myself a shot.

"Whoa-what's happening? Another fight?" She asked.

"She already drew the line and whatever" I say, down to my third shot of gin.

Damn this stings my throat.

Half an hour and everyone was spamming us to get down and we followed.

"Are you guys-drunk already?" Carlisle asking the moment we sat down.

Yet Vero and I just giggled to them.

And over there is Ice being the driver. I teared off my gaze from her and just leaned my head to Vero shoulder as I'm already feeling cloudy.

"Oh my god. Let's go" Carlisle says.

We arrived for I don't know how long it took to drive here.

The alcohol is a little in down low because we fell asleep along the way.

And now getting out then looking around, the house was a chaos in mess. A lot of people were enjoying the front yard bubble party.

"Lezz go!" Margot shouting near our ears.

Vero put her arms around my shoulder "let's get wasted!" Then pulling me with her.

The party is partying. Whenever you look, there's always an available alcohol, drunk goofy teenagers and some are playing the beer pong over the pool side.

Margot grab me by arms until we reached the kitchen where everyone was sitting in the floor with empty tequila bottle in the floor and everyone was gathered around it, spin the bottle.

"Let's play truth or date" Margot made me sit in the floor.

"What?" I asked to clarify if I heard it right or I'm just a little bit tipsy.

"It is truth or date. A date inside the pantry" One from the participants elaborate.

"Lezz go!" Margot cheered then be the first one to spin the bottle.

It went a lot of rounds and everyone was enjoying, laughing and cheering, that also includes me, until the pout pointed me.

Everyone eyes were locked in me "let's see who's the lucky one" they spin the bottle once more until it points to I don't know who she is.

"Truth or date?" She asked.

I'm drunk but I wanna play safe so I chose "Date" everyone turned like a wild animals making loud noises.

"Okay. Stand up" she gestured and I did.

It's kinda hard to balance myself but I can manage.

"Bring him over" she pointed behind, I followed who is, it was Ice greatest competitor, Mateo. Both Ice and him compete about rank. Funny thing is, last time, he won the 1st place but Ice took over this semester.

Someone dragged me together with Mateo being so clueless.

"I'm sorry for bothering you" I lowly say while watching the pantry door closing by them but then laughing afterwards "you know I tend to always bothers people, not on purpose though"

I leaned my balance against to one of the shelves.

"You're Summer right? Ice best friend"

I pointed to myself "am I? I mean, was her best friend"

He frowned, totally confused.

Behind this blurry sight, I watch him stepping forward that it made me tilt up my head because he is taller than me but Ice is much taller than him.

Why am I always thinking Ice?

He tipped my chin "You know I really want to see Ice face being pissed off....she always had that nonchalant face. I wanna see if she will react if I kiss her best friend"

I pushed him off me, it came out too strong and making the shelves shake with few jars shattered in the floor when he falls in his butt "shit I'm sorry!" I gasped, too shocked to what I did.

I helped him out to stand up but he pulled me forward and forcefully grabbing my cheeks.

"What the fuck dude!" The door opened and it was Jaden pulling Mateo off me by grabbing him in collar and pinning in the shelves.

"I was just messing with her!" Mateo contest.

Veronica and Carlisle went to my side, helping me to get up and leading the way out.

"Are you okay Summer?" Vero asked but my eye meets Ice.