8. Left out

1 week passed.

Nobody told me that being ignored and set aside by your best friend makes you lose your appetite and couldn't sleep and always checking your phone in case she miraculously message.

"Ice is already here" Joanna informed everyone "she told me to tell you Summer that it's full—" everyone eyes laid on me, waiting for my reaction.

Actually, I'm pretty sure that they already notice us being distant to each other.

"You go in her car and I'll gonna get myself an Uber" Joanna mentioned then grab her bag.

Margot stop then looks back at me with her forehead creasing "Summer?"

It's Carlisle boyfriend birthday and everyone is invited, including Ice and I don't think she wants to see me. It is clear, she just mentioned that the ride was full.

"You guys go ahead and I'll follow later, I just have to finish something"

She look hesitant but eventually nodded "Okay. You're just gonna get Uber right? Because it's raining hard"

I look outside our building, it is raining heavily and I hate driving during rainy days.

"Yes" I smiled assuringly to all of them.

They all left the room and the gloomy feeling resurfaced.

I guess this is what heartbreak feels like.

I went straight home and ignored the spam messages coming from our group chat.

It actually continued like that on the following days and weeks. Everyone was hanging out, catching up and I was always left out.

Even Vero was busy because her ex boyfriend came back and now fixing their relationship.

During weekend, I tried to get myself busy by watching random series and going out the mall, but who am I fooling? When I keep on checking their post about their whereabouts with Ice.

I only get to see Ice in her friend's updates. Like right now, I'm currently looking to Anderson post, he is Carlisle boyfriend, Ice classmate.

In this time, I wish semester will end so I can go home because it is lonely out here.

"Summer!" Someone calls out and when I look up, it is them waving from distance while walking in my direction—with Ice "Hi their, Summy"

I let out a small smile and trying not to meet Ice eyes. "...hello guys"

"we're going out, midnight walks, you wanna come? Please come this time" Nera insisting while holding my hand and trying for me to stand up.

I bit down my lower lip then look them apologetically "sorry guys but I need to catch up errands"

"Ice can you please tell her to join us?" Margot pleading Ice but I never dare to look in her direction.

"She doesn't want, don't push her" Ice coldly responds.

I bring down my eyes, staring to my hands.

"She's super colder than ice" Margot mutters as she follows Ice walking back to the parking lot "sorry about that. But really Summer. What is happening to the both of you?"

I shook my head with a smile that I know inside is a sad broken one "just small argument but we will be okay, don't worry"

—————————

"Hi, uhm....what's the medicine for cold and cough?" When I woke up this morning, I'm literally shivering. I guess it's because of the rainy weather that I couldn't bring a car to school and had to do commutes.

The nurse helped by giving me Tylenol and Ibuprofen to take then told me to stay in the clinic for the meantime until my temperature lowers down.

"Summer?" I opened my tardy eyes to see Jaden, limping "you're sick"

"What happened to you?" I asked, looking down to his legs.

He look at his legs "injury but manageable and you? You look so pale" Jaden walk over to check on me by placing his palm to my forehead "you have a high fever"

"I know and I blamed the rain" I exhaustedly muttered.

"Did Ice know?" He brings up his phone but I stop him when he's about to make a call.