27. Welcome back

We walked over the long hospital hallway where everyone seemed in rushed together with Anderson "What's going on?" Ice ask while my heart races in panic of what's happening? I just feel that something is wrong to how everyone was rushing with this unreadable reaction on their faces....

"Code blue" Anderson warily glanced at me while Ice took off her jacket and rushing with Anderson where I left dumbfounded of what's that look supposed to mean?

This is scary but somehow my feet automatically followed in slow pace leading to the ER.

The place was chaotic, it has an odd smell but above all my attention focuses on the corner side where everyone was scrambling.

My feet automatically stop a meter away in front of the bed where they're busily checking apparatuses with a girl lying on the bed.

I tried blinking couple of times while pushing the fact right in front of me that the girl who's lying helplessly in the bed with a lot of blood dripping from her forehead is Gigi Calista.

"Where's Doctor Lim?" Someone bumping my shoulder coming from behind shouted, but all I can hear is the sound of a flatline and the aggressive loud pounding heartbeat in the walls of my chest, like my heart is gonna drop down any moment from now....

"We can't wait." Ice step in and watching her saying something that the nurse immediately pulled a machine into the way then handed the two small flat iron equipment to her before spreading a transparent jelly on it.

"Charging" one from the nurse speaks.

Ice placed it over Gigi chest and watch how the body lifts up then drop down after, but still the flatline noise is still there....

"......Gigi" this can't be real, we just talked earlier....we were laughing....listening while she taught the gym basics and boosting my confidence, but right now—-she's in the verge of dying.

I couldn't, I couldn't bear to watch longer, my steps back away from the commotion and finding myself running back to the hallway..... that suddenly my mind is playing tricks on me where there's no one but me standing in the dark emptiness.

Until Ally came rushing, catching my shoulder with despair in her face "where's Gigi Sum?"

My mouth tries to produce words that I couldn't come up....it felt like my throat is dried, that all I can do is inaudibly whimper, that my brain becomes foggy while I keep on trying to say words but failing.

"Allaiza!" Her mom stepping out from the elevator in tears.

They walked past me and I'm stuck, watching them getting distance.

****

I don't know how long I'm seated inside my car that I couldn't manage to drive as my hands keep on trembling and feel like for some reason, I lost the ability to properly function.

But seeing Ice coming out from the hospital made me immediately step out from the car to run towards her.

"Summer....Gigi is safe" She softly says when I tilted up my head to meet her wary eyes as her information burst out my tears in relief that Gigi is safe, that she's alive and we'll still share random stories.

She pulled me into her arms and that's where my tears poured out in utter fear of loosing someone...I can't, it hurts so much "sshhh....It's okay Summy, I'm here now, don't be scared"

****

It has been an hour of frustratedly waiting for Gigi to wake up, in hope that she'll be safe and we will be able to talk to her again....

"What happened?" My head immediately rose up when I heard Gigi weakly speaks before pressing the button to call a nurse with her family already running towards us "Why are you all crying?"

Ally is about to spank Gigi when she halted her hand in mid air "are you trying to give us a heart attack?! How are you so stupid to forget your long acting insulin then tried to drive home in the middle of attacks!"

From what I heard happened, Gigi is trying to drive fast as she can to go home while in the middle of having attacks because apparently she forgot to take a shot but they said she probably lost consciousness while driving and that made her car crashed into a tree.

"I'm sorry sis" she weakly speaks out then looks at me but too late for me to realize that I'm still holding her hand tightly yet our attention turned to the door.

And there goes Anderson with the rest of our friends coming over including Ice "I'm imagining how your guardian angel is facepalming right now" Joanne speaks.

"Lucky you, it turned that Ice might be your secret guardian angel" Anderson chiming in proud face "she took a risk to take immediate action without our superior"

Gigi transferred her eyes to Ice that is now standing next to Anderson "thank you Ice. I didn't know my guardian is a very nonchalant angel but good thing is, It comes with a pretty selfless nurse" she says while looking at me with everyone in the room turned silent "this might be a blessing in disguise"

Ally couldn't help herself to contain much more when she subconsciously slaps her sister shoulder making Gigi groaned in pain while their mother is scolding Ally from her impulsive action.

We all chuckled while watching their family banter that it now lightened up the heavy atmosphere from earlier, of how everyone in the room is restless in hope that Gigi will wake up without any complications.

"Hey sum, you okay?" She asked.

"I should be the one asking you that....." I couldn't help not to turn tearful while looking at her with the flashback from earlier crosses by ".....we almost lost you Gigi..." she raised her hand to wipe the fallen tears.

"Did I scare you?" She softly asked.

"What's scary about being a doctor is she can either save or kill you right now" Anderson murmuring something while writing on his clipboard.

"What?" Gigi asking.

He looked at us with a smile "Just saying that being a doctor takes a lot of courage and tough decision making, just like what Ice did. Her decision can either lead to death or save you but you guys got lucky so welcome back"