Chapter 87 Meeting with in-laws

Shen Jiyao asked a few people to take out the barbecue from the cellar. There are many types of barbecue, including chicken wings, chicken legs, chicken ribs, crispy green pepper bones, pork belly, lean meat wrapped in sauce, and a skewer of three Small pieces of meat on bamboo sticks are sold for 50 cents a skewer in modern times. There are also pork skins, chicken intestines, palm-sized fish, etc. There are at least a dozen varieties. Vegetables include lotus white, potatoes, and sticks. Beans, melons, etc., as long as they can be roasted, even the old tofu Shen Jiyao has not spared.

When making grilled fish, Shen Jiyao also thought of a dish for the villa. Since the villa has a fish pond, grilled fish is naturally indispensable, and if the grilled fish is done well, it will probably become the signature of the villa.

The grill for barbecue is long and wide, and many things can be placed on it. Barbecue requires skills, especially when applying sauce and adding ingredients. If you are not careful, the meat will become old or burnt due to heat problems. Wait, so Shen Jiyao will work with the two of them on the barbecue in the evening. He plans to take the two of them for a few days first, and then let them cook for them when they are familiar with the heat and ingredients.

Compared with cooking, it seems easier for the two of them to learn how to cook roast duck and fried chicken. Perhaps it is because the process is simple and they can remember the steps clearly.

Soon it was afternoon and people began to come to the store.

After a while, Zhang Yong entered the kitchen with a menu. The people at this table ordered a lot, especially the bamboo stick meat. This was one of the dishes that Shen Jiyao asked them to highly recommend. Shen Jiyao looked at the menu and said, Pick them all out and start roasting them.

The two people on the side were learning in a similar manner. Shen Jiyao was explaining to them and demonstrating to them. The two of them learned very carefully and very quickly. It didn't take long for them to master the key points. Shen Jiyao saw that they knew how to do it. , and asked them to help with the barbecue.

There were more and more people in the restaurant, and menus were handed in one after another. Before long, the grill was full of food.

Tonight, they sold barbecue, milk tea, fruit salad and other items. More people came than at noon. The business was so busy that there was no place to sit. The barbecue was delicious and easy to eat. It was finished in a short time. The diners We had never eaten such strange food before, and we were still clamoring for it after eating it a few times. Everyone outside was too busy to do it, and the three people in the kitchen were also so busy that they were sweating profusely. The three of them stood in their own place. Grill the meat quickly.

Poor Xiao Doumi hadn't seen Shen Jiyao for a day. The old man couldn't leave when business was so good, so he had to carry the wilted and unhappy Xiao Doumi to work. Fortunately, the little thing didn't cry or make trouble, but he was just a little depressed.

By the time all the ingredients were roasted, the food cooked by the old man in the backyard was already cold, and everyone had to eat late at night.

Shen Jiyao finally got free, and before he could catch his breath, he took Xiao Doumi, who looked aggrieved, into his arms and comforted her softly. Xiao Doumi's two small hands tightly grasped Shen Jiyao's clothes, her little mouth tightened. Look at that posture, don't even think about throwing him away for a while.

After a group of people finished eating, the people in the restaurant had not yet left and were busy drinking and chatting. Shen Jiyao ignored them and only let one person look at the front hall. He carried Xiaodou Mi skillfully on his back, and first asked Lan Qianjue to carry the old man After sending it back, he called the rest of the people to go to the backyard to prepare the ingredients for tomorrow. After the ingredients were cooked and stored in the cellar, everyone in the restaurant was gone. A group of people worked together to clean the restaurant and then went back to the backyard to rest. .

Lan Qianjue had already mixed the bath water for Shen Jiyao. He put Xiao Doumi down who was sleeping on his back, lay down, and got into the tub to take a bath with Lan Qianjue.

Shen Jiyao was so tired that he didn't want to move his fingers, so Lan Qianjue hugged Shen Jiyao and cleaned him up.

Shen Jiyao always wore the custom-made chef uniform and hat, so the smell of oil smoke was not very strong. He leaned on Lan Qianjue's chest and slept with his eyes closed, feeling Lan Qianjue gently rubbing his arm. With his fingers, his heart was peaceful and comfortable, Shen Jiyao's other hand beat Lan Qianjue's thigh in the water, and when he felt a hard thing behind him pressing against his back, Shen Jiyao suddenly said: " Do you want to do it?"

Lan Qianjue was rubbing his back and thighs. After hearing this, he paused and said, "I won't do it. You are too tired today. You can do it after you recover."

Shen Jiyao agreed. Suddenly I felt a little sorry for Lan Qianjue. He was still thinking about himself in this state. It must be very uncomfortable.

He is so busy every day that he has no time to take care of Xiaodou Mi, and the two of them have no time to communicate well and do what they want to do. Now that the old man has reconciled with them, he has to work with them every day. Although the old man enjoys it, it seems that in the end She felt a little guilty, Shen Jiyao thought from east to west, and wanted more and more to go back to the countryside, build a holiday villa, and raise some chickens, ducks, and geese. He usually took care of the children when no one came to live in the villa, and showed off his skills when someone came. Now I just want to live this ordinary life.

Shen Jiyao's idea began to become firmer, so he sat up straight, turned around and looked at Lan Qianjue, and said seriously: "Qianjue, I want to make some money quickly and find a place with beautiful scenery to open a villa. You What do you think?"

Lan Qianjue stretched out her hand to hold one of his feet and scrubbed it. She said without raising her head, "What kind of villa is it?"

"A villa where you can stay in a hotel, eat delicious food, and enjoy farmhouse entertainment. Shen Jiyao said, "But the premise is that you have to find a good place, and there must be at least a county town nearby. Otherwise, I'm afraid that others will find it too far to drive."

"Go and drive if you want." "Be prepared to earn as much as you need before going."

"We have only earned more than four thousand taels now." Shen Jiyao said: "At least ten thousand taels will be enough. This way, even if the villa opens and closes, we can still be safe and sound." If you can live steadily in the villa, you can also afford Doudou's education."

"There are still six thousand taels left." Lan Qianjue said, "We'll leave when we have enough."

Shen Jiyao agreed . Lan Qianjue opened her arms to him, and then consciously moved into Lan Qianjue's arms. The two hugged each other quietly in the bathtub for a while before going to sleep.

The next night, business was even hotter than yesterday. Therefore, when Zhao Tianqi was carrying a lot of things to express his sincerity, he was amazed and envious at first sight of the situation. He became more determined to learn skills from Shen Jiyao, so he found him. We sat down together and ordered a barbecue to try.

The food cooked this time was even more popular than the stir-fry at that time. Perhaps it was the food that corresponded to the season. The Liuxian Building was full of customers every day, and many of them were members who had eaten over and over again. The business was very good. Even if Zhijiao was not a colleague, everyone was dumbfounded because of his surprisingly good business. They all made appointments to go to the restaurant to try Shen Jiyao's delicious food. Although Shen Jiyao had opened a shop here for a long time, the people around him were The merchants have never been here before, but now seeing the posture, they all came curiously.

More than ten days later, the business in the store is as good as ever, and Liuxianlou's reputation is getting bigger and bigger. Countless people come here to admire it. Some people even come from other counties just to try it. Try the delicacies made by Liuxianlou.

The restaurant was so busy that Shen Jiyao bought a few more servants and built two more barbecue grills. In the afternoon, he asked Lan Qianjue and Xu Rong to barbecue with him. This was not only more efficient, but It can be easier.

The weather was sweltering and hot. After a few days, before everyone could recover from the delicious barbecue, Shen Jiyao threw out another delicacy, which was the soaked pork rinds. With chicken feet, the original foot soaking is simply delicious, while the pig skin is spicy and delicious. When Shen Jiyao took it out to try it, he almost made several people greedy to death, because the chicken feet and pig skin were The quantity was not very large, so Shen Jiyao not only raised the price but also limited the portion. Pig rinds could only be purchased for one cent per person per day, and chicken feet could only be purchased for three per person, and they were only sold to members. , he not only created momentum for Liuxian Tower, but also established hundreds of members.

After a period of time, people in the restaurant began to use the membership privileges. Yang Kaizhou finally did his job, and he was very happy.

The reputation of Liuxian Tower has been completely established. When mentioning the three words of Liuxian Tower, it is really known to everyone. Now the people who come are no longer the same old faces, but all kinds of people. , from officials and noble families to merchants and knights, all come here for barbecued fried chicken and those delicious and not greasy desserts, sugar water. There are even more women here, most of them order sugar water ice porridge with beauty effects, but they They were all accompanied by domestic servants, and they looked like very well-connected rich girls. As soon as they came, they would be very generous and occupy the second floor, and the money was quite generous. However, Shen Jiyao was a little embarrassed about this. Although they gave a lot of money, But Shen Jiyao didn't want to see the diners leaving after waiting or failing to wait.

Because more and more people came to eat, Shen Jiyao returned to a very busy day. Fortunately, in addition to having to go to the county town every three to five to buy fruits and vegetables, order chickens and ducks, and order fresh meat and goat milk There was no problem with the ice cubes, and the ingredients were ordered directly from the vendors just like the previous stir-fries. It was very worry-free for the two groups of people to have no problems. Otherwise, even three of them would not be busy enough.

After being busy for almost twenty days, Lan Qianjue and the others were finally able to grill the barbecue very well, and also included Zhang Yong and Wang Baoer in the barbecue, so Shen Jiyao was finally able to spare a whole morning. I went to teach Zhao Tianqi how to cook.

...

In early autumn, there is no cool wind, and the weather is still muggy.

Shen Jiyao's barbecue and fried chicken has now spread out of Nanquan Town and is famous all over the world, and Liuxian Tower has gradually become the pride of Nanquan Town, because the reputation of Liuxian Tower has attracted many outsiders and brought them A lot of business and benefits naturally favor them. This is a good thing for Shen Jiyao. And just a few days ago, he also learned two other good things from the old man. The first one is The matchmaker he had entrusted to find Lan Ziyue's husband's family was finally found. The two parties were scheduled to meet at the end of the month to talk about their marriage. The second thing was that Lan Zixiang actually responded and was no longer so stupid. She could comb her hair by herself and respond briefly to their conversations. After hearing this, Shen Jiyao felt somewhat happy and asked Lan Qianjue to find a doctor to see her. He only hoped that her disease could be cured, regardless of the past. Anyway, he hopes everyone is well.

And when Lan Ziyue knew that the old man had really found a marriage for her, she even came to a restaurant to mess around. After being slapped by the old man, she became completely honest. The old man was also determined to marry her off, so naturally he wouldn't care what she did. If she objected, she would directly arrange her wedding. Although Shen Jiyao hated Lan Ziyue, he still gave the old man a hundred taels and asked him to make the matter more glamorous. After all, he was marrying his daughter. It was too shabby to marry her and be bullied later. , although this has nothing to do with him, but the old man still has to give him face.

At the end of October, it was the day the two families agreed to meet.

The place where they made an appointment was naturally at Liuxian Tower, and everyone from both parties arrived at noon.

Shen Jiyao asked his eldest sister to look after him while they continued to work on the restaurant business.

The four of them sat together and smiled as if they were coping. Both the orphan and the widowed man's family were better dressed. They sold water in the town. Although they didn't earn much, they still had some savings. The man also had a good temperament. He looked honest, and only smiled honestly when he saw Lan Ziyue. Lan Ziyue was resisting at first, but softened after meeting the man. She was so shy that she didn't even dare to look at the man. The two of them were obviously two people. They all saw it right.

However, the man's mother didn't take it seriously. She couldn't help but feel a little disdainful when she saw the two of them dressed so shabbily. This was also due to the old man, who didn't buy Lan Ziyue a good suit of clothes. The woman looked Lan Ziyue up and down, as if weighing her. After a while, he said: "My dear, do you live in a town? Where do you live? Who is in the family? What do you do? How much money can you make in a month? What does Miss Lan know?" Well, look at her looks, she must have a lot of talents, and my son has a lot of talents, so our two families have to be well-matched."

The old man was stunned when he heard this, and then he smiled and told the truth. Said: "We are just staying in the town temporarily. We have a daughter, a son and a grandson at home... and my daughter-in-law, we have done nothing. As for our little daughter, I know how to cook, farm, and work hard."

The woman said After hearing this, she immediately frowned. She looked at the two of them again, and then said: "Live in the town temporarily? Where in the town do you live? Is it because you can't afford a house in the town or something? What did you say to your daughter? How can I believe that he is so capable? Let's talk about it directly. I want to find someone who can live a good life for my son, instead of finding him a burden."

The old man was a little unhappy and said: "It's natural for my daughter to marry. I'm from your family, and I can only help you with things, so why am I a burden? Does it have anything to do with you getting a wife because I don't have a place to live? I won't bother you after my daughter gets married."

Lan Ziyue listened . The woman's words always made her feel a little uncomfortable. She raised her head and glanced at the man. Seeing that the man was trying to dissuade his mother, she had no choice but to lower her head and remain silent.

The eldest sister looked on and naturally knew that the woman was dissatisfied with their family background. The old man did not tell them that Liuxian Tower was opened by his son, which was why the woman was so disdainful. After thinking about it, the eldest sister went directly Go to the kitchen and tell Shen Jiyao about this.

After Shen Jiyao heard this, he came out with his eldest sister to watch. He walked straight to the table where the old men were sitting. Neither of them talked. The woman looked disdainful, the old man looked aggrieved, and Lan Ziyue had already been taken away. The woman's disdainful look made her uncomfortable, and she kept clasping her fingers at a loss. Shen Jiyao smiled when he saw this, and said to the old man: "Dad, people are here? You guys look at what you want to eat, and I'll go I'll make it for you. I just made a new product today, Ziyue, do you want to try it?"

As soon as these words came out, the woman sitting opposite was stunned. Lan Ziyue was not stupid this time, she knew Shen Ji . Yao was looking for a place for her, so he nodded hurriedly and said, "Okay, Brother Shen, I'll trouble you."

When the woman saw the mark on Shen Jiyao's forehead, she naturally knew that he was the famous Shen Jiyao in Nanquan Town. Shopkeeper, she had a smile on her face at this time, seeing that he actually called the old man father. Could it be that he was the daughter-in-law that the old man said? She heard that shopkeeper Shen was not only a brother, but also had a close relationship with another shopkeeper in Liuxian Tower. Well, she also has a son. Now she suddenly had some concerns in her mind, so she hurriedly said: "Isn't this the shopkeeper Shen? It's really a pleasure to meet you."

Shen Jiyao looked up at the old woman and said: "That's right. yes."