Chapter 67 Undercurrent

After returning to the restaurant, Shen Jiyao was about to start preparing braised vegetables.

During this period, the development of the restaurant has become more and more smooth, and the work on the ground has been clearly explained. Now it is not a problem to add some fresh dishes, and it can also attract the old customers. However, Shen Jiyao's idea has just changed, and the problem It followed.

In modern times, there are places that specialize in selling chicken, duck, goose wings and legs, but in ancient times there were not. A chicken only has two legs, two soles and wings. He can't kill a bunch of chickens to get these just to braise chicken wings and chicken feet. Parts, but the more it is like this, the more it reflects the value of this braised food. Besides, you can use chicken legs and wings to stir-fry. If that doesn't work, just make braised chicken together. As for goose meat, Shen Jiyao has already After thinking about it, I can make goose soup.

After Shen Jiyao thought about it all night, he planned to discuss it with the owner of the poultry seller tomorrow. If they were willing to sell these to him specifically, that would be great. If they didn't want to sell it, he would find a way on his own. Kill more poultry, remove the parts that need to be used and make braised vegetables. Then raise the price and call it the signature dish of the restaurant. It is best to make its reputation popular and attract diners from all over. I think so. Nothing to lose.

Early the next morning, Shen Jiyao handed over the side dishes to Lan Qianjue, and he carried Xiaodou Mi to the market to find a shop that specialized in butchering chickens and geese, and explained his purpose to the shopkeeper.

The shopkeeper was a stout man with a beard. When he saw that Shen Jiyao was a brother, he already looked down on him. After hearing what Shen Jiyao said, he suddenly said in a rough and unhappy voice: "It's up to you. Come on, who will I sell the chickens with their claws and wings chopped off? This chicken only has two claws. You have to kill as many chickens as you want! No matter how much money you pay, you won't sell them! Find another place, I don't sell like this here, I just think of some crooked things to entertain people, please leave quickly, I still have to do business."

Shen Jiyao naturally guessed his reaction, but he never thought of this person . Shen Jiyao was not annoyed that he was so perfunctory and impatient, and there was also a hint of contempt for him. The more such a person was, the less he could look down on him, so he continued: "The shopkeeper. We can discuss how to sell it, if what you say is acceptable to me."

The man said in a bad tone: "Of course I'm selling a whole chicken, can I cut it in half and sell it to you?"

Shen Ji. Yao found it interesting when he saw the impatient look on his face. As the saying goes, you can't win reputation without steaming steamed buns. He had already bought these chickens and geese today. Besides, he didn't have much hope of buying chicken legs and chicken feet separately. Although The method was very extravagant, but he really wanted to make stewed vegetables, so he might as well buy some to test the water first. Anyway, he could use the remaining chickens and geese. Thinking of this, he looked at the cage full of chickens and said: "Okay, chickens." I want fifty geese in total. How about you help me kill them and chop them up before sending them to the restaurant? But then again, I'll buy so many of them at once. How much do you think they cost per catty?"

"Fifty geese ." ?" The shopkeeper stretched out his hand and exclaimed in disbelief: "Are you kidding me? What do you do to get so many chickens and geese? The Jubaozhai business in the west of the town. They are the best family in our town. They can't get more than twenty a day. You want fifty at the same time. It's a bit scary. Otherwise, I'll give you thirty dollars a pound. You Once the money is paid, I will kill them all for you today. Give me the name of the place and I will deliver it to you. What do you think?"

Shen Jiyao liked to see the surprised expression on his face. He took out a fifty-tael silver note and said with a scornful expression: "Jubaozhai? That's them. Why do you compare me to them? Also, thirty yuan a pound is too expensive, although I don't lack it." But I don't think it's worth the money. All the chickens used in my restaurant are killed by the chickens at the entrance of the alley. Although I only need about twenty chickens a day, they only give me twenty-three dollars. You bought fifty chickens and geese in one go, but you gave me such a high price. It's not true. Brother, I came here just because you have chickens and geese, so that I don't have to go to two houses."

That man . Seeing the banknote in his hand, I realized that he meant to buy it. His previous impatient attitude suddenly disappeared, and he hurriedly said: "Well, I'll give you twenty-five cents per catty, and I'll give you the goose too." You count twenty-five cents. What do you think? My goose is usually thirty-five cents without any negotiation. If you think it is good, I will give it to you. You can kill it or keep it. In one sentence, I'll do it all for you."

Shen Jiyao nodded with satisfaction and said, "Thirty geese and twenty chickens are enough. Kill them all. By the way, help me cut off the wings and legs and keep them. Just the body is fine. You can weigh it and see how much silver you need. I'll pay you half first. Then you can deliver the goods to Liuxian Tower and I'll settle the bill with you. How about that?

"Liu Xian Tower? " The man suddenly said in surprise: "Are you the shopkeeper of Liuxian Tower?"

Shen Jiyao said: "Exactly. " The

man's eyes widened and he said, "No wonder the price is so generous."

Shen Jiyao smiled and said, "It's just that I can use it. Please help me weigh the goose. I have to go back to work." "

The man nodded in response, and his view of Shen Jiyao changed instantly.

He quickly caught twenty chickens and put them in a cage, and then put ten geese in three long cages in batches. We started weighing

fifty chickens and geese, weighing almost two hundred kilograms, which cost Shen Jiyao nearly five taels of silver. It was not much, but it was just the price of three spicy chicken hotpots. Shen Jiyao paid for it. After getting three taels of silver, I went to a rice shop to buy condiments for making brine. In ancient times, many things were incomplete, but fortunately, the collection of food was relatively complete. Among the condiments for making brine, there were no grass fruits. , cloves, and others such as star anise, cinnamon, bay leaves, cumin, licorice, and pepper. Shen Jiyao bought a lot of them and bought a large pot of soy sauce. If the color of fried cane sugar is not dark, It can be added to adjust the color.

When Shen Jiyao returned with a bag of things, there were already two tables of customers in the store. A group of people were talking leisurely. When they saw Shen Jiyao coming, they said hello to him. Now Shen Jiyao Ji Yao is quite famous in this town. Everyone knows that there is a guy in the town who cooks very strange dishes and uses very rare ingredients. They even came here to have a look and learned that the ingredients were imported from foreign countries. After that, Shen Jiyao said no more.

He first put down the beans for Wang Yue'er to take, and then went to the kitchen with a bag of ingredients. Lan Qianjue was already cooking, and what he was cooking was Kung Pao. Pork liver.

He imitated Shen Jiyao's usual way of shaking the spoon and adding ingredients, which was quite the same. Xu Rong stared at the pot nervously, opening and closing his lips several times, but said nothing. .

Shen Jiyao stood behind and watched quietly. He saw Lan Qianjue stir-frying the livers in the two pots, and then used a spoon to add some cornstarch juice into the pot. The flames did not start, but Lan Qianjue Jue turned it over and said: "Garlic leaves. Xu Rong

hurriedly grabbed a handful of garlic leaves and sprinkled them on it, then took a clean plate and put it aside.

Lan Qianjue scraped the pork liver and said, "Try how it tastes." Xu Rong

caught a piece of pork liver and tasted it carefully, and then said: "It's OK, but it's not as tender as Brother Shen's frying." "

Lan Qianjue hummed, without even looking at the plate of pork liver. He scooped up water to wash the pot and said, "It's taken too long to stir-fry. Let's just make do with it. The next dish will be better." "

At this time, Shen Jiyao, who had seen enough, said: "I'll fry, and you learn from the side. Pay attention to when you can put the vegetables and stir-fry. The pot must be pulled up when adding the condiments, otherwise it will fry or become old." "As he said this, he walked over to Lan Qianjue, grabbed a small piece of liver and ate it. After tasting it carefully, he said: "This pork liver is very good, with good color and flavor, and it is not particularly old.

" The corners of his lips raised, naturally knowing that he was encouraging him, and without saying much, he asked Shen Jiyao to stand where he was, looked at what he was carrying, and said, "What are you buying?"

Shen Jiyao put all the ingredients on the stove, looked at the menu and said, "This is my treasure for making brine. There are two dishes on the two menus that are the same. Qianjue, you cook with me." "Only through practice can you learn to cook."

Lan Qianjue hummed and started to cook.

Several people were busy in the kitchen all morning. At noon, when there were fewer people, Shen Jiyao stopped cooking and handed it over to Lan Qianjue. He ran to the street to buy a large earthenware pot and started to prepare the food. brine.

Preparing the brine is actually not difficult. Shen Jiyao has memorized the recipes clearly. Except for the trouble of frying the cane sugar, everything else is very simple. You only need to find a piece of gauze to wrap the brine and throw it into the pot. Just boil it, but the brine made that day cannot be used until the next day. Shen Jiyao is not in a hurry, since he still needs to prepare the condiments for the goose in clear soup.

Just as he was enjoying cooking in the kitchen, the chicken and goose ordered by Shen Jiyao arrived.

The man was standing aside nervously looking at the diners in the restaurant. He couldn't help but secretly marvel in his heart. No wonder a guy can be quite famous in the town. He seems to have some skills. In this big restaurant in the town, Afraid that his business would be the best now, he clenched his fists, thinking that he had almost let go of a big customer because he looked down on his brother.

He secretly rejoiced and looked at the wooden barrels containing chickens and geese at his feet. When he saw Shen Jiyao coming, he smiled quickly and said: "Shopkeeper Shen, I brought everything you asked for. There are still several barrels in there." In the car outside the restaurant, just wait, I will bring it to you."

The man said and ran to bring the barrels in. There were more than ten barrels in total, of which two barrels were placed in the wings and legs. Ji Yao bent down to look through the chickens and geese. The legs and wings of the chickens and geese had been chopped off, and the white meat looked a little oozing. When the diners in the store saw this, they all asked: "Shopkeeper, are you doing this again?" What's so delicious? Why did you buy so many chickens?"

Shen Jiyao smiled, thinking that someone finally asked, he stood up and said: "It's nothing, I just plan to make a new dish, that's all. It will be ready tomorrow, but the quantity is limited, so I'm afraid not everyone can eat it."

The diners around them looked up, and someone said, "It's not too little for so many chickens and geese, little shopkeeper. Is it possible that you can sell them all tomorrow?"

Shen Jiyao smiled and went to get the money to settle the bill with the man, while saying: "All I want to do is these two buckets of wings and feet. These chickens have other uses and I don't know if everyone will eat them. I have never eaten braised food, so these are the things that are used to make braised food, but there are really few. If you are interested tomorrow, you can come to the shop to try it. It will be ready in about the afternoon, and the taste is guaranteed to satisfy you. A

diner said: "The food made by the little shopkeeper is always delicious. The dishes you guarantee will definitely taste good. My friends and I will come to try it tomorrow! We will also see what other good dishes the little shopkeeper can make." "

Welcome at any time." Shen Jiyao smiled and didn't plan to say more. He had to keep a sense of mystery, so he stopped talking to the diners. It seems that he doesn't need to do any publicity this time. These diners will. To help him promote it, all he had to do was put the signboard of the new dish outside the door. He counted one tael and eight hundred and thirty cents to the man and said, "Are you right in counting?"

The man simply counted. He put it aside and put it away when he saw that it was right. He looked at Shen Jiyao and said with a smile: "Shopkeeper, your business is so good. Do you want more tomorrow? If so, I will send it to you."

Shen Jiyao waved his hand and said: "No, I will go to you when I need it."

The man had to say: "Well, you empty the barrel, it's time for me to go back."

Shen Jiyao agreed. , and asked Xu Rong and the others to carry all the contents in the barrels to the backyard and pour them into the basin, while he continued to go to the kitchen to make brine.

the other side.

In the south of the town, Sifang Guest Restaurant.

There was a handsome young man waving his fan, followed by a boy, and they entered the Sifang Guesthouse one after the other.

There were not many people in the restaurant, only a few tables were sitting here and there. The two of them chose a table and chairs and sat down. After a while, a waiter came up to greet them. The young man carefully ordered a few dishes and asked the waiter to go down and prepare them.

The boy looked around with a serious face, and then said: "Master, let's go back to the house.

" The young man looked embarrassed and was about to speak, but

the young man said: "Shut up, don't ruin my mood. "

The boy didn't dare to say any more and shut up obediently.

There was the sound of people making calculations at the counter of the restaurant, and the diners on the side were boasting wildly. Plates and bowls were clinking, and they were eating food and drinking. The voice made Young Master raise the corners of his lips in pleasure, and he listened carefully to the conversation of the diners.

Only one of the two people at the table next door said: "Hey, the more I eat the dishes of Sifang Guest, the less I am used to them." , you also said that the new dishes are delicious, but that's just that. The meat is too badly stewed, has no chewy texture, and the taste is too simple. How is it different from the usual stew? Compared with that Liuxianlou's fried chicken is so different. Your brother has never tried it, otherwise I guarantee that you would want to go to his house to eat it every day.

Another person said: "I have been to this northern part of the town years ago and there was nothing to eat. The food of the people from all over the world still suits my appetite. " "

The man said: "Hi! That was years ago! You don't know this powerful person from our town. The restaurant was opened during this period. I only found out about Liuxian Restaurant through the guidance of an old friend. The food made by the shopkeeper is so delicious, and ah, the other party Not only does he cook delicious food, but he's also a great guy! He is very handsome and rare in the world. Not much else, I admire his cooking skills alone! "

The young master narrowed his eyes when he heard this. A man with excellent craftsmanship? He chuckled, became interested, and continued to listen.

Another person asked: "Is he really so powerful? Let's try it together some other day? "

The man said: "Why wait for another day? I have heard that the little brother will make new dishes tomorrow. I will try it tomorrow. It would be a pity if I go late and can't eat it. Yet.

"How about I go with you. "

"Of course it's good, haha, come on, drink and drink. " "

After the two of them finished speaking, they raised their glasses and continued drinking.

Young Master said softly, "Liu Xianlou? It sounds really impressive. Today I will go and try it first to see how delicious it is and how to retain the immortality. "

He said, minding his own business and stood up to leave. The boy sitting opposite him got up and asked: "Master, where are you going? "

"Go to Liuxian Tower." Young Master said: "Do you know where it is?"

"I don't know, so I will just stay here and have something to eat." The boy said and looked back, and saw that the waiter had already brought the food. He came towards them with the dishes, so he hurriedly said: "The store has already prepared the food." The young master

's face turned cold and said: "You are the master or I am the master, who do we listen to?"

Seeing that the young master was angry, he hurriedly lowered his head and said: "Listen to me."

The young master snorted, walked straight to the account counter, threw out a piece of silver, and said: "Shopkeeper, I want to ask you, how to get to Liuxian Tower. The

shopkeeper looked at the young master with a frown and said, "Sir, the shop is not welcoming you well? The food is ready, where are you going?"

The young master frowned and was about to show off his power . He was the first to say coldly, "You can say what you say, do you still want to care about where my father goes?"

The shopkeeper was startled and hurriedly pointed the way to the two of them. After the two of them left, he resented He grabbed the coins and said: "Liu Xian Lou, Liu Xian Lou again! How much business are you going to steal from me?! It's really annoying! I will definitely be at odds with them! Just wait."

The shopkeeper puffed his beard and glared angrily. After calling the waiter to guard the counter, he walked to the Ying Ke Lai Restaurant on the east side.

Shen Jiyao, who was still making brine at this time, didn't know that an inevitable confrontation had been brought forward by the arrival of this man.