Chapter 19 The hot-eyed sister-in-law

When I went to the doctor's house, I happened to run into Zhou Laosan and his wife. Zhou Laosan was stabbed. At this time, he was waiting for Dr. Li to prepare medicine to bandage the wound. When he saw the two people coming, he was about to get up to greet him, but his wife grabbed him. He scolded me displeasedly: "Sit still, you are still restless after being injured. You don't want this arm anymore, do you?"

After saying that, she stood up to make way for the two of them, and said with a smile. "I made you laugh. Come and sit here. This is Xiao Shen. Look at her. She looks really good."

Shen Jiyao didn't know whether the woman's words were sarcastic or sincere, so he didn't answer. He nodded to her in a neither humble nor arrogant manner, then put the bamboo basket containing two dying fish aside and asked Lan Qianjue to sit down. Lan Qianjue held Shen Jiyao's hand and said: "Ji Yao, this is This is Sister Zhou, this is Brother Zhou."

Shen Jiyao smiled politely and called out to the two of them to say hello. He was not good at dealing with people and said no more. He pinched Lan Qianjue's arm to stop the bleeding and waited for the old man. The doctor comes to bandage it.

Sister-in-law Zhou and Zhou Laosan smiled at Shen Jiyao and said hello.

Zhou Laosan shouted at the top of his voice: "Uncle Li, please mix more medicine, Brother Lan's arm is also injured." After shouting, he looked at Lan Qianjue and said with emotion: "It's me who's holding you back today. , If it weren't for you, these knives would probably have been on me. Good brother, I won't thank you enough for your kindness."

Hearing this, Shen Jiyao looked at Lan Qianjue's arm, and it turned out that this was how the knives came.

Lan Qianjue smiled gently and said: "It's okay, you and I brothers, don't worry about it."

"Hi." Zhou Laosan said angrily: "The people in Baoshan Village are really cruel, don't let me in our village If I find them, I will die!"

Lan Qianjue nodded, and the room suddenly became quiet, with only the sound of Uncle Li pounding medicine in the back room. After a while, Uncle Li came out to bandage their wounds. After giving some instructions on things to avoid talking about, Shen Jiyao brought up the fish and was about to discuss with Uncle Li whether he could use the fish as collateral for medicine money when he was stopped by Zhou Laosan. He took out the copper plate from his arms and took it with him. Lan Qianjue handed over the money for the medicine to Uncle Li, and said to Shen Jiyao with a heroic smile: "I'll do it. Brother Lan saved my life, and he and I are better than brothers. Don't be polite to me.

" Lan Qianjue looked at Shen Jiyao with a gentle face and refused to refuse. Shen Jiyao naturally couldn't do the kind of pushy and polite thing, but he always knows how to repay kindness, and besides, this person is Lan Qianjue. Of course, he would not neglect his brother, so he handed the two fish to Sister-in-law Zhou who was standing aside and said: "Sister-in-law, if you don't mind, take it back and cook it. Although it has been a few days since I caught it, I still can't." He's still alive."

Sister-in-law Zhou didn't expect that Shen Jiyao, who was said so badly by those women, was so approachable and polite, and not as disgusting as those people said. She was stunned for a moment and then laughed. Said: "Okay, I'm not polite to you, but I'll just take one, and you can keep the rest to eat."

Shen Jiyao nodded, picked out a fish, caught it himself, and put the remaining fish in it . A basket of fish was handed to Mrs. Zhou.

This behavior increased Zhou's sister-in-law's favorability towards him, and Zhou Laosan's eyes were full of admiration. She gently pushed the basket away, took the fish in his hand, and said: "Brother Zhou, just take it for you." "Brother Lan's injury is serious. It's inconvenient to hold the fish. You keep the basket for the fish."

Shen Jiyao nodded. Lan Qianjue looked at him with doting eyes, then took the basket and carried it with the two of them. He said goodbye and returned to the house with Shen Jiyao.

It was getting dark, and Shen Jiyao was busy cooking when he returned to the house. He sat outside the house and watched the earthen pot on the fire to cook. At this time, the sister-in-law and Lan Qianjian entered the yard and said sourly as they walked: " I don't know what kind of luck Lao San and the others got this week, but they actually caught a wild boar. Huh, look at his triumphant look just now. Didn't he just catch a wild boar? I thought he was a high official. The tail is raised to the sky!"

Lan Qianjian said disdainfully: "Isn't it just like becoming a high official? Anyone in the village can be proud of killing a chicken for several days. They caught such a big wild boar. There is meat to eat every day, which is enough for their family to eat for several months. Even if they exchange it for money, they still have a lot of money. Oh, this little life has improved a lot."

The sister-in-law changed the topic and complained: " You have the nerve to say, when can we let our family feel proud and proud? We have been subjected to such arrogance all day long."

Lan Qianjian said inexplicably: "Why did you get involved with me? It's not that you have to go up and have friendship. He can do it. You are a coward and it is my fault that you are unhappy."

The sister-in-law said reluctantly: "Hey! Look at you, you know how to criticize me. If you didn't have such a future, wouldn't we let Zhou Laosan look down on you? , It's not all your problem. If you have the ability to make some money, who would dare to slander you, let alone slander you, I'm afraid they will come forward to flatter you!"

"Okay, okay ! "Yes." Lan Qianjian said impatiently: "Who wouldn't want to make money? If you keep nagging all the time, how can you make money?"

The two of them went back to the house noisily, and Shen Jiyao sneered. He doesn't like to talk favorably to others, and he always likes to compare with others. His vanity is really strong. If he really has money, he may only see the sky and no land, let alone these villagers who face the loess and back to the sky.

The fragrance of rice spread out in waves, and the courtyard was filled with this delicious smell. Shen Jiyao, who had not smelled the fragrance of rice for a long time, almost drooled. His sister-in-law also smelled it, and she leaned against the door and ghosted. He looked furtively at Shen Jiyao for a moment, then went back to the house and said to Lan Qianjian: "Those two guys seemed to be cooking rice. Where did they get the rice to eat? These two people have been acting strange recently. There is fish and rice to eat, and life seems to be quite comfortable."

Lan Qianjian was busy choosing vegetables. Hearing this, he looked up and looked outside the house, and then said perfunctorily: "I guess I borrowed it again, you don't care. If you do more, I won't eat from you."

The sister-in-law pointed at Lan Qianjian's forehead and said, "You are a loser, these two poor guys have already eaten rice, and we are still eating. Wotou! Why don't you think about where they get the rice? Lan Qianjue can get it. Why are you weaker than him? "

Don't bother me." Qian Jian said impatiently: "I can't imagine where they got the rice from! You can't stand it if someone's rice is a bit good."

The elder sister-in-law glared at him bitterly, turned around and went to the second sister-in-law's house.

The bright moon was in the sky, and the courtyard was very bright. Shen Jiyao brought the earthen pot on the fire pit into the house. Lan Qianjue was about to step forward to help, but Shen Jiyao stopped him. He looked at the pickled cress and said: " Take good care of yourself. I can do these things myself. Get better soon and you will have plenty of work to do in the future."

Lan Qianjue looked at him and smiled. Only today did he realize that his way of stopping others was so unique and effective. He sat back. I went to bed and looked at Shen Jiyao's thin back busying in and out. I felt extremely satisfied. With such a person by my side, it didn't matter even if life was difficult.

A quarter of an hour later, Shen Jiyao made two simple dishes. He hurried in and out to set up the food, and while calling Lan Qianjue to come and be about to eat, the outside suddenly became lively. Shen Jiyao glanced at the door inexplicably. Without thinking much, the two sat face to face. Shen Jiyao filled a bowl of rice and handed it to Lan Qianjue.

The jumping firelight gradually illuminated the entire yard and shone into the house through the window. Wang Dazhuang shouted at the top of his voice: "Brother Jue, look at what good things I have brought for you."

It was Wang Dazhuang, and he came to see them. The two looked at each other, and Lan Qianjue put down her rice bowl and stood up to check.

Shen Jiyao followed Lan Qianjue out of the house. It was Zhou Laosan and others who were holding torches. There were many villagers watching the excitement outside the courtyard wall. The eldest sister-in-law and the second sister-in-law's family in the yard were also standing inside the door and watching. , Wang Dazhuang and Yaozi carried a piece of meat with a pig leg into the yard using wooden sticks. The piece of meat weighed about sixty kilograms visually and was dripping with blood. It was obviously freshly slaughtered.

Zhou Laosan held up the fire stick in one hand and hurriedly called to Lan Qianjue and said, "Stop being stunned and find something to put it on. It's really heavy. It's weighing down Yaozi's thin legs." Zi shouted cooperatively: "That's right, Shen is dead."

Several families in the courtyard stared at the large piece of pork without saying a word. The villagers outside the courtyard whispered, and Lan Qianjue asked: "What is this? What?"

Zhou Laosan said boldly: "This belongs to your family. If it weren't for you, we wouldn't be able to eat pork. Quickly, find something to put it in."

There are only four of them hunting wild boars. It weighed about 1,780 kilograms, and if divided among four people, it would only weigh about forty kilograms per person, not counting pig offal and other items. But now he actually gave him a small half, and even killed himself to deliver it. It can be seen that several people have a deep affection for Lan Qianjue.

Lan Qianjue and the others have been playing together since they were young, but they are better than their biological brothers, so he did not treat them politely. He said happily: "Okay, you guys wait a moment, I will find something to pretend to be." After saying that, he turned around and went back to the house to find something. Just as Shen Jiyao was about to say hello to a few people, the sister-in-law over there had already picked up a dustpan and trotted over by the door.

Shen Jiyao remained silent. He wanted to see what the woman wanted to do. He looked coldly at the sister-in-law who was smiling obsequiously and said to several people attentively: "Look at the pressure, come on. Come on, put it in here. You guys are so tired waiting for him to carry it. You haven't had dinner yet. You are probably starving this late at night. My family just made a meal. If you don't mind having a simple meal, go ahead. Let's have dinner at home."

Yazi responded and was about to take off the stick on his shoulder. Zhou Laosan beside him coughed and said nonchalantly: "Yazi, are you that tired?

" Being awakened by the words, he scratched his head in embarrassment and ignored his sister-in-law.

The sister-in-law didn't care. She raised her hand and touched two handfuls of pork. Her eyes were full of envy and she said: "This wild boar meat is different. Look, it's all lean meat. It's delicious stir-fried with dogwood fruit." Eat, you haven't tasted my sister-in-law's cooking, how about you cut some meat and fry it for you to drink?"

The two still ignored her, but the fourth son holding a torch looked at her mockingly. Said: "Are you willing to give us wine?"

"Look what you said." The sister-in-law laughed and scolded; "Whatever you are reluctant to give up, I'll treat you to a drink! Put it down quickly and I will cut it into pieces. You can come and eat it." "

The second sister-in-law, who was leaning against the door, rolled her eyes with disdain at the elder sister-in-law's words, and still stared closely at the few people. As long as there was a gap to get through, she would naturally go in and get a piece of the pie.

At this time, Lan Qianjue came out with the bamboo basket he had made to hold grass for rabbits. He said coldly: "I won't bother you, Ji Yao's cooking is even more delicious."

As he said that, he put the bamboo basket on the ground. Said to Wang Dazhuang and others: "Put it inside."

Wang Dazhuang and others responded repeatedly and carefully put the pork into the bamboo basket. They all got up and moved their bodies. Shen Jiyao on the side went to the house to fetch water in a bowl and distributed it to several people. People were drinking, but the food supply at home was limited, so they waited for the two people who contributed first to drink, and then went to Xiaosi and Zhou Laosan who were holding torches at the side.

On the other side, the face of the sister-in-law who was bluntly rejected immediately turned dark. She snorted heavily and said with a sneer: "You still think that I am willing to greet them for you? Isn't this because I am afraid that your family has nothing to eat or drink, and you are being neglected?" Brothers, it's true that Lu Dongbin doesn't know a good heart, huh, I'm not willing to say hello."

As she said this, she walked around the courtyard and saw the old man watching from behind the door, so she continued: "Oh, that's it. Big piece of meat, I think you will most likely close the door and eat alone. Hey, don't worry about the kindness of us brothers and sisters. It's really hard for me to hold you in my mouth until I grow up. Until now, I can't get anything out of you, but I'm letting him down because of a brother."

Lan Qianjue looked up at her sister-in-law with a frosty face, and said coldly: "Does it have anything to do with you? Do you still want me to do this? "I don't care if I give you some meat,"

the sister-in-law said with a smile, "I just feel bad for raising such a good son who eats everything."

The villagers outside the courtyard began to whisper. Accused Lan Qianjue of being unfilial.

"It's like asking you to mind your own business. If there are people like you who are just a troublemaker, the world will be peaceful if there is one less person." Shen Jiyao was really disgusted by the way she looked like a villain who complained first. Now, He couldn't stand it anymore to hurt Lan Qianjue's face in front of so many people, so he happened to treat her in front of everyone.