Chapter 54 Leaving Home

As soon as the two of them left, Lan Qianjue stepped forward and continued to take care of the old man. The old man's expression softened a little, and he was still somewhat moved by Lan Qianjue. He said with emotion: "I never expected that I would meet someone when I was old. You have such a group of unfilial children playing dirty tricks behind your back. Qianjue, it's me, the father, who misunderstood you. Why don't you explain to me, so that I won't blame you wrongly."

"You don't listen." Lan Qianjue said with an indifferent expression: "I'm afraid if I tell you at that time that it was my sister-in-law who deliberately harmed me, you will think that I am making it up and you will be even more angry."

The old man sighed, not at all Feeling ashamed of his behavior, he pondered for a long time. Lan Qianjue thought that he was uneasy and a little soft-hearted. Unexpectedly, the next moment the old man changed the topic and said with regret: "Although it's not that I misunderstood you, but Even if you were framed by them, you wouldn't be so unclear as a brother. Now that you're fine and you have a child, you won't be able to do anything about it even if you want to!"

"Dad! That's what you said! What are those words?" Lan Qianjue frowned and said unhappily: "Even if you understood that I didn't care about this matter, I couldn't leave him alone. He and I are living very well now, so there's no comparison. Following my sister-in-law, they had a bad life. Ha, having said that, I have to thank them for doing good things with bad intentions. I am very lucky to be with Ji Yao. Even if I am looked down upon by the whole village and you, I have never regretted it. "Although you are my father and have the qualifications to teach me a lesson, I ask you not to say anything wrong about him again. He is very good, and I also ask you not to slander him with your own words."

"You! You are getting more and more outrageous. " Oh! I think you have to be fooled to realize what your mistake is!" The old man was so angry that he said: "I feel so ashamed of you, you really let me down! Isn't it good to find a woman?! How can it be that two grown men get together! It doesn't matter if he can have a child, he is still a lowly man, how can he be worthy of you?"

"It's not that he is not worthy of me. I'm not worthy of him." Lan Qianjue wiped the old man's feet with an indifferent expression, then pulled the quilt over him and said, "You are my father. You gave birth to me and raised me. I will never forget this kindness. I respect you and love you, but please don't always use this advantage to challenge my endurance. As long as it's about him, I can't calm down. Dad, if you feel any guilt at all, please don't do it in front of me anymore. Tell him in front of me."

"You are really hopeless!" The old man looked unhappy and did not dare to say anything anymore. He knew his son's temper and it really made him anxious. Anything can be done.

After Lan Qianjue cleaned up the old man, he carried his dirty clothes out of the house. Shen Jiyao was still sitting in the courtyard with Xiao Doumi in his arms. When he saw him coming out, he got up and walked towards him, saying: "What's wrong, old man?" " Okay, it's nothing serious. I took some mung beans and soaked them. They clear away heat and detoxify. If there is really a problem with the lungs, these mung beans are pretty good. I'll boil them for him later."

"Don't stop ." Come here." Lan Qianjue stopped Shen Jiyao and said, "I just finished taking care of my father and he is not clean. Hold Doumi and stand far away. Don't be afraid of ten thousand, just be afraid of what happens. Let's go ahead. You have to be prepared. You and Doumi should stay away from me until he recovers. No one can tell whether he has tuberculosis or not. Ji Yao, thank you just now for saving me. Otherwise, even if he is not tuberculosis, he will be said like this. It will also cause constant trouble."

"Do you and I need to say thank you?" Shen Jiyao smiled and said, "I will boil water for you to take a bath. Xiaodou Mi misses you. How can I not get close to you. "Shen Jiyao said, taking Xiaodou Mi to Wang Yue'er, then went to the kitchen to get a wooden basin for Lan Qianjue to put the old man's dirty clothes in, and started to light a fire to boil the bath water.

Lan Qianjue stood there and looked at Shen Jiyao, feeling a little guilty in her heart. He was obviously so good, but because of his lack of ability, he was always insulted by outsiders. Now he had to worry about the old man who was targeting him all the time. , I am afraid that I am feeling uncomfortable in my heart, but I don't care about my own feelings.

Lan Qianjue sighed softly and said to Shen Jiyao in the kitchen: "Ji Yao, I'll take the clothes to wash first."

Shen Jiyao in the kitchen walked out of the room and said: "Then I'll wash it first. Don't burn it, we'll burn it when you come back."

Lan Qianjue nodded, smiled softly at Shen Jiyao, and then took the wooden basin and took the mallet from Shen Jiyao and left the yard.

Wang Yue'er came over with Xiao Doumi in her arms and said: "Brother Shen, Brother Lan's father has taken over your house. You have no place to sleep tonight. If you don't mind, you can stay in my house." "We

can make arrangements later." Shen Jiyao took Xiaodoumi in her arms and screamed for him to hold him when she saw him, and said: "I'm going to take Xiaodoumi out. You guys should take care of the house. Pay attention to the house by the way. Go there from time to time." Look, if the old man needs anything, you can arrange it."

Wang Yuer said, "Okay, Brother Shen, don't worry, I will take care of it."

Shen Jiyao agreed and left with Xiao Doumi in his arms.

After a while, Xu Rong and others came out, and Zhang Yong said angrily: "Brother Lan's family is really too much, and they are not good people at first glance."

Xu Rong snorted disdainfully and said firmly: " No matter what, don't bully Brother Shen, or I'll be rude to them!"

Zhang Yong and Zhang Goudan said in unison: "Me too!"

At this time, Hei Dan, who was lying by the door, shouted: "Wow! Woof woof!"

Everyone was stunned for a moment, and then became happy.

...

Shen Jiyao went straight to Zhang Quanwang's house with Xiao Doumi in his arms. His big yellow dog who looked after the house had a good memory and recognized Shen Jiyao. He didn't come out of the kennel to attack him, but was minding his own business. Lying in the nest, he lazily raised his eyes and glanced at Shen Jiyao, and then continued to sleep comfortably with his eyes closed.

Shen Jiyao went up and knocked on the door. Zhang Quanwang responded, and the door opened after a moment.

When he saw it was Shen Jiyao, he exclaimed in surprise and said, "Brother Shen, why are you here? Come sit down in the room."

"No need." Shen Jiyao smiled and said, "I just want to trouble Brother Zhang." One thing, can you sell me an old piece of clothing? I want a thick cotton-padded jacket."

"Old cotton-padded jacket?" Zhang Quanwang thought about it and said, "I think there are one or two. Just wait and I'll dig them out for you. ." After that, he turned and returned to the house.

Zhang Tianci, wrapped in a thick cotton-padded jacket, ran out of the room in a hurry, tilted his head and looked at Shen Jiyao, smiled obediently and called Uncle Shen.

Shen Jiyao liked Zhang Tianci's character very much. He was sensible and well-behaved. He knelt down, took Zhang Tianci's little hand, squeezed it, and said with a smile: "Go to my uncle's house one day. Uncle will prepare delicious food for you."

Zhang Tianci responded obediently: "Okay."

Zhang Tianci looked at Xiao Doumi as he spoke, carefully held his hand, and then pursed his lips and smiled innocently.

After waiting outside for a while, Zhang Quanwang came out holding a dark blue cotton-padded jacket. He turned over the cotton-padded jacket in front of Shen Jiyao and said: "It doesn't fit. I haven't worn it much since I bought it. It's almost new." "What do you want this cotton-padded jacket for? If you are short of clothes, let Lan Qianjue buy it for you."

"It's not for me to wear." Shen Jiyao stood up and said, "How much did you buy this clothes?" You accepted it."

Zhang Quanwang cheered and said: "What kind of money do you need? No one in the family can afford to wear it. It would be a pity to leave it alone. If you need it, you can just take it with you."

"Although our two families have a good relationship, we still have to do what we need to do . How about this, you won't suffer any loss, and I can use it with peace of mind." Shen Jiyao took out a handful of copper coins from his arms and said, "There are fifty coins here, and I don't know if they are enough. I didn't bring much with me. , if it's not enough, I'll come back to replenish it for you another day."

"That's a lot more." Zhang Quanwang said, "Just give me twenty. Old clothes are wasted if no one wears them. I'll charge you twenty dollars, so you can take them. "

With that said, regardless of whether Shen Jiyao agreed or not, he directly picked up twenty copper coins and handed the clothes to him.

Shen Jiyao no longer refused, he thanked: "Thank you very much."

Zhang Quanwang said happily to indicate that it was nothing serious. Seeing that Shen Jiyao was about to leave, he sent him out of the yard.

When Shen Jiyao returned home with his cotton-padded jacket, Lan Qianjue had already come back and was drying clothes in the yard. When he saw him coming back, he asked: "Where are you going?"

Xiaodou Mi was held by Shen Jiyao, with her little face lying on the Over his shoulder, when he heard Lan Qianjue's voice, he screamed with joy. Shen Jiyao raised his hand holding the cotton-padded jacket and patted Xiao Doumi's butt. He stepped forward and handed the cotton-padded jacket to Lan Qianjue. Said: "This is for your father to wear."

Lan Qianjue took the clothes and was so moved that he couldn't describe it. He looked at Shen Jiyao and said: "Jiyao, I'm in trouble for you."

Shen Jiyao said: "It's okay. It's important that the old man's illness is cured. Wang Bao'er went to get the medicine and came back."

"He's back." Lan Qianjue looked at the kitchen and said, "Still."

Shen Jiyao nodded, and Lan Qianjue looked at the clothes in his hands and said. "Who am I buying this for? It's so new. I probably haven't worn it a few times."

Shen Jiyao said, "I bought it for Zhang Quanwang. His family is the richest in the village. I think there should be some unwanted clothes. I planned to buy a random outfit for your dad to wear first, and then go to the town to buy some. Unexpectedly, I found a new pair. It's cold, so you can take it and put it on for your dad first."

Lan Qianjue nodded and turned around. Went back to the house.

It was getting dark. Shen Jiyao spent the afternoon either in the courtyard or in Xu Rong's small house. The main house was now inaccessible. Shen Jiyao asked Lan Qianjue to take Xiaodou Mi and all their things. After coming out, Lan Qianjue took a shower and stayed with him and Xiao Doumi.

Mung bean porridge was being cooked in the kitchen. Shen Jiyao and Lan Qianjue were sitting next to each other on a stool. Xiao Doumi was lying in Lan Qianjue's arms. Xu Rong and the others all went to the yard, and Wang Yue'er was in the kitchen. While the mung bean porridge was cooking, Lan Qianjue held Shen Jiyao's hand and said, "When the old man gets better, I will send him back."

"Yes." Shen Jiyao looked at the big hand holding his own and said: "Tomorrow I will still take Xu Rong and the others to do business as usual, and you can take care of your father at home."

Lan Qianjue's brows had not softened since his father entered this courtyard. He was quite troubled and quiet for a moment before saying: " Where to stay these few nights?"

Shen Jiyao shook his head and said he didn't know.

Lan Qianjue sighed silently and began to think about whether to stay at Da Zhuang's house for a few more days.

It was getting dark, and Shen Jiyao got up to cook. He was not in the mood to mess with good food today, so he fried a few light side dishes. The dinner for the old man was egg rice. A few people brought the table to Xu Rong and his family's hut. Went there, a group of people were eating around the table, but before they could take a few bites, the old man's shout came from the room.

Lan Qianjue reluctantly put down the bowl and chopsticks and stood up to take a look. Shen Jiyao also silently stopped the chopsticks in his hand and listened to what the old man wanted to do.

There was a bang in the room, the sound of a bowl hitting the ground.

Shen Jiyao frowned, handed Xiaodou Mi to Wang Yue'er, and went to the main room to take a look.

The old man was sitting on the bed angrily wearing the dark blue cotton-padded jacket he bought for Zhang Quanwang. Lan Qianjue stood in the room looking at him with a gloomy face. The hot egg rice that Shen Jiyao had cooked for the old man had been spilled on the ground. The bowl was also smashed into two halves. Hei Dan kept sniffing around the rice, but it prevented the owner from eating it.

Shen Jiyao frowned, feeling unhappy but not showing it. He asked, "What's going on?"

"Get out of here!" The old man ate some soft mung bean porridge and drank some medicine for lunch, and he was now energetic. He was obviously much better. At this time, he was yelling at Shen Jiyao: "My eyes bulge when I see you! Don't show it under my eyes. My family is unfortunate. How could I raise such a rebellious son like you?" ! It makes sense to hang out with a brother!" The latter words were directed at Lan Qianjue.

"Qianjue." Shen Jiyao looked at him, and the fire in his heart was suppressed to a certain extent. He said coldly: "What's going on."

Lan Qianjue obviously also suppressed his fire, and said in a stiff and cold tone: " He didn't like the bad food, and said that I deliberately ignored him and let him eat alone in the house without coming over to accompany him. "

In fact, the old man didn't dislike the bad food. It was the old man who knew about the mung bean porridge and the clothes. After Shen Jiyao made the egg rice for him, he felt that this scheming evildoer wanted to please him, so he sat on the bed and ate, becoming more and more angry and unhappy. If it hadn't been for this evildoer seducing his son. How could his good family be like this? If it weren't for his arrival, those two vicious women wouldn't have been able to find a way to frame his son.

The old man blamed all the mistakes on Shen Jiyao, and was very angry at his behavior of 'pleasing' with him, so he called Lan Qianjue over and used the topic as an excuse to get angry.

Shen Jiyao was not happy immediately. He was completely baffled by his sudden behavior. He said unfairly: "You smashed the rice because you thought it was not good? Who can eat rice every day?! We are still eating rice balls now!" Rice, what do you mean, old man, I tell you, you are not the emperor of this family. You need to be self-aware. If you are not happy with your life, just go back to your nest! It's not to please you. If it weren't for Qianjue, I wouldn't even look at you if you died in my yard!"

"Ji Yao." Lan Qianjue heard this and took Shen Jiyao's hand. It was because Shen Jiyao was so angry with what he said. Seeing that Lan Qianjue seemed to be trying to dissuade him, he snorted proudly, thinking that Lan Qianjue was going to speak for himself. Who knew that the next moment, Lan Qianjue said: "You don't have to do it for me. I feel sorry for myself. Since he is old and disrespectful, I cannot let him do whatever he wants. Dad, if you continue to make trouble like this, I will send you back. You can eat whatever food you think is good. You don't have to follow me here. You have to live with yourself."

The old man couldn't laugh anymore. He looked at Lan Qianjue with an angry look on his face. He didn't see him as a father at all. In comparison, the scoundrel turned more towards Shen Jiyao.

Shen Jiyao was furious when he saw the change in the old man's face. He said coldly to Lan Qianjue: "You treat him as his father, does he treat you as his son? When he misunderstood you, he hit you with a stool. Now No one cares about him when he is sick. If I come to our house and I give him soup and rice, does it make him feel superior? Not only does he smash things, but he also looks displeased with me. He shows off his ability at home. Go, when those good sons and daughters-in-law were carrying them into our yard like a corpse, why didn't you see him jumping up and getting angry at them? What kind of father is he to bully you into being filial and honest? Hello son, I will go to town with Xiao Doumi tomorrow and won't come back. I feel sick when I see him. You can take care of him yourself."

After Shen Jiyao finished speaking, he didn't even look at the old man and walked away minding his own business.

Lan Qianjue felt inexplicably irritated as she watched Shen Jiyao walk out of the room. He looked at the old man and said in a smooth voice: "You threw away the rice. I'll make you a bowl of rice with rice. What will I eat? You Whatever you want to eat, throw away the worthless ones and leave the good things to those who know how to cherish them."

The old man yelled angrily: "You unfilial son, I thought you just gave up on yourself because I misunderstood you . If you live with a brother, you will correct yourself sooner or later. Who would have thought that a brother who has been with you for less than a year will blind you and let you treat your own father like this!"

"Then" Lan Qianjue suddenly stopped? He growled patiently: "Don't you understand that children and grandchildren will have their own blessings?! Xiao Doumi is still your grandson no matter what. Have you asked him? What good does it do you to always target Ji Yao? He has never Why don't you show off to me that you are taking care of you? You insist on thinking that I will be happy with a woman. Then why don't you first see how your elder sister-in-law and second sister-in-law treat you? I take you in because you are my father, and I am thinking of your kindness in raising me. Otherwise, why do you think you are worthy of others caring about you and serving you?"

Lan Qianjue said in one breath and left the room angrily ! , leaving the old man alone in the house, sitting on the bed in a daze for a long time.

Lan Qianjue returned to Xu Rong's house, but did not see Shen Jiyao in the house. He frowned, feeling inexplicably panicked, and hurried out of the yard to look for him.

Shen Jiyao did not go far, but held Xiao Doumi and stayed at the corner of the intersection against the wall of someone else's house. Lan Qianjue turned a corner and saw him.

Lan Qianjue stood in front of him, looked down at him, and said, "What are you doing here, Leng, go back to the house."

"Calm down, calm down." Shen Jiyao exhaled and gritted his teeth and said, "I'm afraid I can't restrain myself.

Why do n't you go and beat your father?"

"How can I beat him to death?"

"..." Lan Qianjue's originally irritable mood was suddenly overcome by him. This made him amused, and his heart gradually calmed down. He raised his hand to hug Shen Jiyao, kissed the back of Xiaodoumi's head, and said: "Then I must be lucky that he is my father, otherwise I will beat him to death for one life." He, you can't get better either."

Shen Jiyao still felt unhappy and said happily: "Then beat him until he is half disabled."

Lan Qianjue leaned her face against his forehead and smiled without saying anything. Then he whispered: "Do you really plan to carry your son to the town? What will I do if you leave?"

"You take the opportunity to teach your father how to behave." Shen Jiyao was in a much better mood, so he joked: "I I have never seen such a shameless person, and I must educate him well."

Lan Qianjue: "..."

That night, Lan Qianjue squeezed a lot of goat milk for Shen Jiyao and put it in the space so that he could stay in the town. To feed Xiao Doumi, the two of them did not go to someone else's house to stay that night. Instead, they moved a bed in Xu Rong's house and put it in the granary. They crowded in there all night. Shen Jiyao was worried about weighing Xiao Doumi. She clung to Lan Qianjue and didn't dare to move. She slept until her back was sore and she got up early the next day before it was the usual time to get up.

Lan Qianjue also got up and put on clothes. Shen Jiyao looked at him and said: "You continue to sleep, what are you doing when you are busy? It's so cold, just lie down for a while."

Lan Qianjue put on clothes and said: "Send it off. "I know the way. "

Shen Jiyao said, "There are five more people following me. If you are afraid that I will get lost, you can continue to lie down for a while." Shen Jiyao came up and kissed him. However, Lan Qianjue hugged her and kissed her hard before letting go. Shen Jiyao licked his lips, picked up the bag containing Xiao Doumi's clothes and a quilt, and wrapped the sleeping Xiao Doumi in the quilt. , holding him in his arms and leaving the house.

After a few people packed up, they left. Xu Rong held a homemade torch in his hand, and the six of them went to the town to do business together.

Business is as good as ever. Without Lan Qianjue's help, Shen Jiyao is a little more tired. Fortunately, with Su Ye's help, although he only knows how to help Shen Jiyao take care of Xiaodou Mi, it can also save him some energy. .

After finishing the business, Shen Jiyao stayed at the inn in the town. He had no intention of going back. He only asked Xu Rong and others to go home and come back the next day. Shen Jiyao also heard Xu Rong and others mention some things at home. , it was said that the old man kept shouting that it hurt here and there, and when he hummed, he stopped playing. But when Uncle Li came to take a look, the low-grade fever had gone away, and his complexion improved. There was nothing wrong at all, but he always hummed in pain.

Shen Jiyao instantly knew that the old man was pretending, and he was afraid that he would deliberately pretend to be sick at home because he would not go back, so that he could not go back. However, Shen Jiyao was not in a hurry, he would not leave, Lan Qianjue It's impossible to keep him for too long.

After staying in the inn for several days, I got up early with Xiao Doumi and went to meet Xu Rong and the others. When I walked to the snack alley, I found that the door of my shop had been splashed with excrement. It stunk so much that people who passed by in the early morning walked away with their noses covered, as if they were afraid of being exposed to the stench, as if they were disgusted.

Shen Jiyao was furious when he saw this, and Xu Rong and the others were even more angry and cursed. He stood by the door for a while holding Xiao Doumi. Xiao Doumi probably smelled the stench. Shouting, Shen Jiyao secretly gritted his teeth. His heart was filled with rage, but he restrained himself to calm down. After a while, he had figured it out. He deliberately turned around and said to the five people: "Forget it, forget it, you guys too. Stop scolding, maybe one of the dung carriers accidentally fell down and spilled it. You go find some water to clean it up. We won't do business today, but we will do it tomorrow."

Xu Rong said unfairly: "Brother Shen, it's obvious. Someone made it dirty on purpose." "

That's right." Wang Yue'er said, "It almost spilled into our house. How could it be that someone was careless? I think someone is deliberately messing with us."

I don't even believe it." Shen Jiyao's expression suddenly changed and he said coldly: "How about I let you be the master? Just do what you are told. Do you still want to imitate the county magistrate and solve the case?" Who did this? Just shut up if you can't tell me!"

Several people were shocked and didn't know why he suddenly got angry, but the shopkeepers who were hiding in the shop and watching the excitement were all happy, with expressions of gloating.

Shen Jiyao glanced at the row of shops without leaving any trace, and continued: "Why don't you hurry up and do it? Do you want to wait for me to invite you before you move?"

Everyone was full of grievances, and they didn't know what happened to Shen Jiyao, but I didn't dare to ask any more questions, so I had to open the door and scoop out water from the water tank to wash the floor.

It was gradually getting light during the flushing time. During this period, many diners wanted to come to eat. Seeing how stinky they were, they all left with disgusted faces and only told Shen Jiyao to come back next time.

Shen Jiyao looked at the diners who were going to another house for breakfast, pretending to feel sorry for them and couldn't help but sigh, feeling very annoyed.

After cleaning up, Shen Jiyao locked the door and led everyone away.

"Humph, your business is good!" The woman selling Yangchun Noodles had been watching the situation on their side silently. When she saw a few people leaving, she was really happy and felt relieved.

"My good sister, he said he wanted to do it tomorrow, haha, I was really laughing to death. It's so stupid. His servants all knew it was done deliberately, and he stupidly thought it was a dung-picking incident.

" You're not careful!" the woman from the cake shop next door said with a smile, "I'll give you another bucket, let's see how you can do business! You'll steal my business!" All businesses in the alleys have been affected by Shen Jiyao's shop, and these two are the most serious. One sells noodles and the other sells pancakes, which are not as delicious as Shen Jiyao's. Now, more or less other people come here. There are people, but there is still no one in their store. In the past, when Shen Jiyao's store was not open, there were hundreds of people eating there a day, but since he came, he has not received ten diners a day, and this continues. For more than a month, they robbed all their customers, so they couldn't be angry or jealous, so they deliberately spoiled Shen Jiyao's territory.

"Sister, this is such a good idea. It's wonderful." The woman selling Yangchun Noodles smiled and praised, she was really happy.

Shen Jiyao walked ahead with Xiao Doumi in his arms. After passing the alley and leading a few people to a secluded alley, he said to them apologetically: "I'm sorry Xu Rong, Yue'er, I It was intentional just now. I knew someone was deliberately trying to mess with us, but I didn't want to alert the snake, so I deliberately said I would continue doing business tomorrow. If my guess is correct, I think the person who targeted me will come again."

Everyone said . His face was confused, but after a moment he reacted instantly. Xu Rong said cautiously: "So it's not because we did something to make Brother Shen angry that we got angry."

Shen Jiyao took out a hand and patted Xu Rong's shoulder and said : "No, you are so nice. Why should I be angry with you? I have wronged you just now. Don't worry about it. I just deliberately let that trickster fall into his trap."

"So Brother Shen, you already knew." Xu Rong suddenly realized and couldn't help but He breathed a sigh of relief and said, "I thought it was because we did something bad that made you angry. So, did that trickster fall into the trap?"

Shen Jiyao raised the corners of his lips and said with a sly smile, "I think he has fallen into the trap. Come on, let's stay here again at night."

Seeing Shen Jiyao's confident look, the few people stopped asking any more questions. They naturally admired Shen Jiyao's intelligence and just followed him.