Miao Zhen really felt that he could still be saved. He tried his best to raise his hand and grabbed the hem of Su Chengye's clothes.

Su Chengye lowered his head and took his hand to comfort him: "It's okay, the teacher is here. The teacher will take you to the hospital."

Miao Zhen opened his mouth and said something vaguely, but Su Chengye didn't hear it clearly.

He leaned over and heard his student whisper: "The young monk has no money to go to the hospital."

The system whined, "You can go with peace of mind. I will definitely try my best to give you a good body in the next world." 】

Su Chengye's chest felt tight, and he knew that Miao Zhen was not lying. When he was just looking for the thermometer, he found Miao Zhen's small wallet.

The peeling and faded wallet was bulging with stuff, and there were only a few scattered items inside, less than five hundred yuan by visual inspection.

He learned about Miao Zhen's situation privately. His parents divorced and he followed his father, and his grandparents returned to their hometown and never came back.

The guardian has not been to the school for a long time and cannot be contacted now. Su Chengye suspected that Miao Zhen's father might have a new family outside.

Otherwise, Miao Zhen's living expenses would not be so low. Survival after paying the rent is a problem.

"It's okay, the teacher brought the money." Su Chengye picked up Miao Zhen. The child looked thin and small, and was not very heavy when he held it. He could tell that he was not living a good life.

When he went out, he met the man who was suspected of being a thief again.

The man poked his head out of the door and said, "My little classmate is sick?"

Su Chengye ignored him. The man helped close the door and walked over again, "Going to the hospital? Give me a hundred and I'll take you there. It's not easy to take a taxi here, but my van can pull you in."

Su Chengye walked straight downstairs without stopping, and the man followed him all the way, "Eighty is fine."

The man was right, it's really hard to take a taxi here. In the end, Su Chengye gave him fifty yuan and took Miao Zhen to the nearest hospital.

Miao Zhen was groggy and unable to move and needed Su Chengye to take care of him.

The man helped register and take orders, running back and forth upstairs and downstairs, taking care of Su Chengye's demands for money. It's not expensive, it only costs a few yuan at a time. It looks like it's going to drain Su Chengye's wallet completely.

When Miao Zhen got out of the water, Su Chengye drove the man away. The man left his phone number and told him to take a taxi to find him anytime.

Although Su Chengye's family is not rich, what he encountered today was beyond his imagination in the past.

A thief who drives a black car to pick locks and earns various tips. A student who is reluctant to go to the hospital to see a doctor and is suspected of being abandoned.

He sat beside the hospital bed, looking down at Miao Zhen in a depressed mood.

He is just a teacher, there is no need to care so much, but he really can't worry about it.

If he hadn't been nosy in his previous life, he wouldn't have taken care of Chu Siyao and was eventually implicated in jail.

At this moment, Miao Zhen opened his eyes in a daze, took Su Chengye's sleeve and whispered softly: "Teacher, thank you for saving me."