My legacy II

-Tell me, will any of this matter?" Asked the voice of the person seated next to me as we both looked up ahead. "Will any of this matter after you leave?"

-No." I flatly answered as I focused on the horizon, on the rhythmic and yet chaotic crashing of the red waves against the white stone shores of the beach we were overlooking. "This day, this fight, this mission of yours and this world will only end up as a memory in my mind and ultimately be drowned out amongst the millions of others from this same continuum."

Seeing him lower his head with a mix of sadness and frustration I waited until he spoke up again: "Does your own mission matter to you?"

-No, nothing does." I said, having already heard and answered this question a transfinite amount of times. "Even for me, like this tale and like this world, I am not infinite. Someday I'll stop, and the memory of all the world I saw will die with me, that is simply the truth, and it also doesn't matter." I answered as I turned to the young dragon, his white hair gently floating in the wind as his expression became more and more focused, more and more confident.

-I can't accept such nihilism." He answered as he looked to the horizon where the bodies of hundreds of Asuras from the Kraken, Leviathan, Rokh, Bahamut and Chalkidry clans floated on the surface of the sea, creating a large puddle of blood which was being pushed around by the current. "One day, I'll make a mark on this world that'll stay for all eternity." Added Kezess with an unshackled will in his tone and eyes filled with a burning determination. "My legacy will outshine that of everything else, it'll give a sense to this world."

{Tessia Eralith}

Feeling a searing pain in my head, I felt my hands tremble and my body twitch in pain as absurd images flashed through my head, scenes of gigantic gray building soaring to the sky, majestic creatures gliding through an empty void, a horrible figure begging me in a language I couldn't understand and so, so many others I couldn't begin to make sense of until I caught a glimpse of something I recognized. It was a man with perfect skin, golden eyes, hair wheat-colored wearing a detailed purple armor.
Focusing on that scene, the terrain around me looked like a large, broken-down arena as dozens of horned figures stood and flew around us.

-Forgive me Cecil, forgive me Tess." The man muttered before dashing at me as I stood still and let myself be impaled by his sword as I only now realized that this man was Arthur.

After that, the scene turned to black, only to change to a completely different setting, a different place, a different time, a different person.

Trying to pull myself away from those visions that seemingly held no sense and kept contradicting each other. I didn't want to see any more of those, I had to focus on the present.

Concentrating on my body, I quickly felt the pain in my arms, legs grow as I felt myself coming back to my senses until I managed to open my eyes.

Looking up, I saw an intricate wooden ceiling much more welcoming and familiar than the dungeon I had fainted in.

Suddenly hit by a wave of panic as I remembered what happened in Dire Tombs I tried to stand up as quickly as I could to look around, to find Arthur, to find all the others.

Feeling like I was being stabbed in the back with every millimeter I moved, I struggled to keep on, I had to know where I was, how everyone else was.

Clenching my jaw as I managed to push on through the pain and get in a sitting position, I glared around the room through my blurry vision until stopping dead in my tracks.

-A-Arthur." I muttered to myself as I saw him with his auburn hair, his confident and charming expression, his aura of mystery I couldn't help but feel attracted to, it was him.
Feeling all the pain vanish I stood up my trembling legs and stumbled my way toward the small chair he was sleeping on as I grabbed onto anything I could for support.