Dire tombs

{Tessia Eralith}

-I don't mean to be pessimistic, but you did just fail." Answered Note in his calm, almost detached voice as I saw his rather small figure lean against a tree.

The boy had his arm crossed as his cold mask stared me down with a mix of intrigue and scrutiny, as if he was judging me.

Freezing in place for a moment I wanted to dispel the misunderstanding, or well, making him think that there was a misunderstanding in the first place by somehow convincing him that I wasn't referring to him when I said: "Hy Art I'm madly in love with you", despite the fact that I very obviously was. The main issue was that I didn't know any sure-fire way to intentionally create said misinterpretation on his end, plus I would be lying if I said that I wasn't getting distracted by his dashing looks.

Starting to blush at my own thoughts, I had to stay focused, and not excitedly jump in place or giggle at myself after noticing that he was still wearing that pink heart shaped dimensional ring I offered him.

-I-I uh, gosh this is embarrassing." I answered as I hid my face with my hands, trying to get in the role of the overly energetic and clumsy adventurer I had made for myself under my fake identity as Aisset.

Taking a glance up at him between my fingers, Note hadn't moved, or reacted beyond a heavy, judgmental silence as his mean eyes stared deep at me as if he was judging me even harder.

Although I liked the idea of him staring at me intently, I would, for once, rather not. "Please stop looking at me like that." I said, trying to sound cute and embarrassed to maybe have him lose interest, or think that I'm just an idiot and that listening to my rambling has no point.

Letting out a long sigh, Note stepped back onto the dirt road and started walking up ahead before saying: "You're late."

-Uh?" I let out in surprise as I didn't expect the situation to solve itself so easily.

Stopping myself from asking if he wasn't curious about what I said, I hurriedly followed along as we reached the spot where the other adventurers were gathered.

-Our little fan finally showed up." Commented Helen with a friendly smile as she saw me, and Arthur arrive in front of the cave leading to the dungeon.

-And in good company." Added Adam with a cheeky smile as he focused his gaze on Art. "Your little princess friend would be angry if she heard that you went to pick up another girl."

Raising an eyebrow at what he was saying and looking up with a thoughtful glance, I couldn't help but agree with his statement as I would get rather angry if Art was to do that, but since he came to pick me up, I guess it's okay.

Letting out a long, displeased sigh Arthur ignored the red-haired adventurer and walked straight past him to sit on a boulder next to Jasmine in complete silence.

Looking either way I spotted Angela not too far from Adam along with a tall blonde man wearing a fancy armor I could only assume was Brald Landon, one of adventurers that had already explored Dire Tombs.

-Isn't Durden here?" I asked as I noticed the distinct lack of the friendly adventurer.

-He went down the other side of the road to check if the last member of the raid hadn't gotten lost in the forest." Explained Adam with a mocking smile as he pointed toward the other dirt path where I saw two silhouettes walking toward us.

After a few more seconds, I was able to recognize the figures which made me frown heavily as I noticed Lucas Wykes walking next to Durden.

-Seems like the little elf managed to get lost in the forest after all." Commented Angela with a small smile as the sorry looking half elf, wearing a disheveled mages dress dotted with fresh leaves and twigs as if he the boy had rolled in mud.