My legacy I

Virion Eralith

-Please take a seat." Said Tessia in a calm, professional tone miles away from the usual attitude while following noble etiquette to a T.

As I and her parents did so, I couldn't stop but notice how the little one moved with firm and confident strides, staired with clear intent and eyes so sharp it felt like she could cut the walls just by looking at them.

Hearing Alduin take a breath and prepare to ask something, I saw his initiative be immediately shut down by Tessia as she gave a deathly, cold stare that made the buckle and line back in his chair while sending a shiver go down my spine.

Tension was almost palpable in the room as the little one sat down behind the desk on the tall office chair, raising her up to our level.

The last time I felt that stressed and patronized was when my aunt sat me down to break down the news that my mother had died, except that I was no older than 30 at the time, a child by elven standard.

Taking a long, controlled breath in, warning us that she was about to start talking and that our attention was required, I struggled to both understand how she was suddenly able to show that much control over herself and what news she had to tell us, and which would justify this atmosphere.

-I'd like to start by thanking for following me and listening to what I have to say." She explained in a clear and elegant manner that denoted complete form her childish appearance. "If you have any questions during my explanation, please let me know by raising your hands, otherwise refrain from interrupting me." She added in a commanding tone while looking at each one of us one by one to stress the importance of following the rules she had set up. "There's no easy way to go about this so I'll cut right to the chase." She said with an unflinching tone as I felt tension rise up in the room. "I come from the future."

Feeling my expression decompose as I heard those words I blinked in confusion as I searched the little one's face for a playful smile, for a smirk, for the moment she'd burst out laughing and teas us for believing her, but I only saw pure and unaltered confidence as she started to speak on.

She started by listing all of the most secret and hidden information about this country, this continent and our history, some of which only me and Alduin knew about and which I had made his swore to not pass down before Tessia was ready to become leader of our people.

She told us about the mythical deities which called Asuras which handed the artifact used to create the lances down to the 3 royal families of Dicathen, she then described the Elf and Dwarf lances with extreme precision before mentioning going on the human lances and mentioning that'd only be appointed after the tournament between the three races.

During that time, I and Alduin only asked a handful of questions, mostly to compare it with our own knowledge, only for her to answer perfectly, if not tell us more than what we knew.

She continued on and on about the formation of the council, the discovery of Alacrya the other continent, the Vritra spies, the deaf of Lance Alea, the attack on Xyrus academy, the begging of the war, the operation in the beast glades, the construction of the wall, the betrayal of Rahdeas the Dwarf councilman and so much more.

The amount of information she was unpacking was so much that I couldn't keep track of everything, I tuned out for her explanation as I tried to make sense of the situation.

By the time I started listening again she was telling us about our defeat in the war, how the corpse of the Glayders, of Alduin and Merial had been hanged on the streets of Etistin for all to see, how we formed a rebellion in a hidden sanctuary, how she went to free a camp full of elves taken hostage by the Alacryan, how she was captured and somehow ended back in the past.