In the end

{Tessia Eralith}

-Long time no see, Grey." Said Nico standing from the top of the decapitated and burning Elderwood guardian while looking down at us with disdain and a burning hatred in his eyes.

-Uhm, I think you got the wrong guy..." Commented Adam with an awkward laughter with anxiety in his voice as he clenched his hand around his spear.

-You haven't told them, uh?" Rhetorically asked the Scythe with a mocking glare. "Obviously not, you're too much of a coward." He hissed before stepping down from the monster's body without ever looking away from us, from Art.

I have no idea what Nico blames Art for, be it now or during our encounter in my past life, or why he calls him "Grey", but I sure aren't going to let him kill him again.

Placing the mediocre sword I was using as an adventurer in my dimensional rune I pulled out my true longsword and got ready to jump in using all my powers. But I knew that jumping in now would mean losing out on a lot of useful information like his motives, goals, plans, and maybe even why they tried kidnapping me in my past life.

-Stop right here." Commanded Helen as she drew her bow and aimed straight at Nico's head. "We have been sent here to investigate the strange occurrence that took place in Dire Tombs by the adventurer guild and thus have been ordered to arrest anyone involved in this situation."

-Arrest me?" He repeated with a smirk as he spared the Twin horn leader a glare. "I'm sure that your little protege could teach you a thing or two about that." He explained as his tone switched from condescending to ruthless as he focused back on Arthur.

Letting out an annoyed *tsk* Helen didn't lose her focus as she pressed on with her questions.

-Are you behind the ano-

-Yes." Snapped Nico as his eyes burned with a storm of hatred and destruction. "It was all me. I imported the mana beast, I corrupted their core, I opened up the new pathway, I enjoyed watching those men being eaten alive by those creatures and I tore off the legs, arms, heads, hearts, intestines and bones of every single one of those." He answered while looking her dead in the eyes. "Now will you bugs stop pestering me?" He rhetorically asked as I felt a wave of pressure wash over us, sending a shiver down all of our spines as Lucas turned pale.

-You know why I'm here, Grey. It's time for me to uphold my words. I'll destroy everything you have the same way you did to me!" He shouted as could almost feel his mental state becoming more and more unstable.

-You'll be dead before you can lay a hand on one of us." Threatened Adam as he and all the others got ready to fight.

-It makes me feel nice to have friends to rely on, uh? We were like that back then, when we were kids in the orphanage, in the academy. You, me and Cecilia." He said as he drew a long, black sword from his dimensional ring and pointed it at Art. "Look at them ready to lay their lives down to save you, but you wouldn't do the same for them, you haven't done it for Cecil." He answered as the ground around him turned to metal while spikes started slowly growing out of it.

Looking at Note, I saw him frozen in place, his sword almost falling out of his hands as he stared into nothing while I heard his shallow, quick breaths. He was completely unresponsive, visibly trapped in his own mind almost as if he was having a panic attack.

What in the world happened between those two for Arthur to have such a reaction, for him to be so fundamentally terrified of Nico.

-This must be quite a pleasant dream. You have friends, a loving family, new powers, all of that without having to pay anything in return, without any of the consequences from what you did!"