The trials to come

{Tessia Eralith}

-I was expecting you, Varay Aurea." I said with a confident smile as I saw the human lance standing on the other side of the building's roof. Her long, white hair slowly drifted through the air as snowflakes started to fall around us.

-Have you finished what you had to?" She asked in a sharp tone, clearly unaffected by how I just called her name out despite this being the first time either of us met.

-Why are you in such a hurry?" I asked back at her with an admittedly mocking smile as I slowly moved around the flat roof while ignoring her cold, piercing glare. "Let me first congratulate you for your recent ascension to the statue of a lance." I ironically praised with a small bow as the woman stayed perfectly unshoock after I explained my knowledge of the kingdom's national secret straight to her face. "I hope that the artefact doesn't bind your will too much." I added with a bit of spite, hoping to get a reaction out of her.

-It seems like my master's assessment about you was right on point." She answered with an expression as unreadable as before while I started to grow frustrated at her lack of reaction.

She was supposed to go "Wait, how do you know that?!" while stumbling backward with a shock expression, while I pressed my knowledge of the future to look smarter than I really was. Not just stand here like we were discussing the weather or whatever.

-Either way, the culprits have already been arrested and started being interrogated." I explained while getting back on topic.

-Then trials will happen tomorrow." She Stated in a tone halfway between an order and a question.

-The artificers already put everything in place, the judges and lawyers have already shown themselves and we have secured the entire building, just as we had planned." I added while somewhat dodging the question to get to where I wanted. "We are just waiting for Blaine to publish his decree banning slavery." I explained while switching to a much more potent tone while staring straight at her, making it clear that the ball was on their side of the field.

-I will inform his majesty of the development then." She answered in a straightforward tone, ignoring the pressure I was emitting, or otherwise not keeping perfect composure despite my threats.

-Remind him that those trials will be fair and open for all to see. Unity won't accept any interference or politicization of the trials while they are underway." I added while letting out more of my killing intent.

-I will make sure to transmit your message then." She answered before turning away and taking a step to leave. "Then goodbye Unity, I hope that you'll keep cooperating with us in the future." She explained before jumping off the roof into the dark, dimly lit streets of the human capital city as snow continued to slowly pile up on the streets and nearby roofs.

-Likewise miss lance." I answered with a half-smile before heading back inside the building by the small spiral staircase I had taken on my way up, reading myself for the event of the way to come.

{Varay Aurea}

-Excellent." Commented the king in cheerful tone as he knocked over some pawns he had placed on a map, equipped with black flags attached to their heads. "I had first hoped for both to eliminate each other, but weakening Unity is more than enough for now." He added with an overconfident smile as he stared at the map of the continent on which he had placed flags of different colours representing all the factions at play in Dicathen.

-She then told me to remind your majesty that the trials they would hold, would be fair and for all to see." I explain, continuing my report on the event of the night.

Answering with a dismissive wave of his hand, Blaine continued to talk to himself as he changed the different flags position to represent the new state of Dicathen.