Sarival Rakuzan

The Rakuzan family were known as the strongest bloodline in Carist (aside from Revan and Cloy's royal bloodline). They all became well known soldiers with high titles like a General or an Admiral. The Rakuzan family has a high pride for their combat prowess and connections with the royal crowns.

But Sarival was different. He always was.

"Father! This boy can't do anything but sit down in his room writing on pieces of paper!"
"Yea. He's so into it that those papers started to pile in his room. Disgusting."

Sarival sat in silence, watching his two siblings arguing about him. He loved writing. Sarival doesn't want to battle with swords or spears. He wanted to fight using poetic and beautiful words, carved on a thin piece of paper.

"Now, now, my child. You musn't judge a book by its cover. Take a look at those beautiful words, delicately carved with those tiny and fragile hands. If he doesn't fight with his fist, then let him fight with his words and tounge."

That was Olyx. He was Sarival's dear grandfather. Olyx was a respected and wise man, with a sturdy body, and a heart ever so soft. He loved his grandson more than anything in the world.

"Our family is always stuck in this hell-loop of soldiers, generals, captains, and all those things they try to plant in you," the wise elder once said.
"But soldiers are always portrayed as brave and kindhearted fellows."
Olyx giggled. "There will come a time when you must decide whether to follow the fate set to you or create your own separate path. And when it finally did, I trust you will make the right choice."

Time flies like the wind, and now, Sarival has grown to be the perfect embodiment of a soldier. A straight posture, and stern expression. But still, his love for literature had never withered. He joined several communities, finally getting the appreciation he longed to receive.

He had left his house, whose residents always pressured him to be the soldier he was meant to be. But Sarival had turned 18, and there was no responsibilty for him to stay in his old house. And thus, he left once and for all.

"Hey, Sarival. Have you ever thought of a different way to make use of your talent?" Sarival's friend asked in one of their discussions.
"Well, uh, not really. Why?"
"I don't know, maybe you could work for the Castle of Pride? What was that position called again..."
"Ah, the Record Writer."

The Record Writer was a position where you write the important events in Carist, and it allows you to speak directly with the royal crowns. A lot of people think low of that position, but Sarival sometimes dreams of a job where he can enjoy what he loves, and gets paid for it.

"The previous Record Writer retired of old age. This is your chance!"
"Ahaha! Might as well try," Sarival chuckled.

Everything went so fast and smoothly, Sarival hadn't even notice that he was now speaking with Cloy's father. Only a portion of the participants are interested in writing. The rest only aim for the easy money. That disappointed Sarival, because he always loved refreshing challenges.

"Ah, so you're Sarival Rakuzan. From the famous bloodline, eh? Why didn't you become a soldier like the rest of your family?"

This struck a nerve in Sarival, and his discomfort quickly became visible.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I have a tendency to do that," Cloy's father apologized.
"I don't like the way my family treats me for having different interests. That's discrimination," Sarival pouted.
"And I hate the way people look down on this job. You may call me Astray."

Sarival found himself to be quite fond of Lord Astray. Astray once told him that he, himself used to be a Record Writer before he got married with Cloy's mother, Lust. This made Sarival interested in the royal crowns, as he also became close to the other members. He was always by their side. And he felt warm around them.