Interlude: The Attack

10 years after the destruction of the Carist Clan.

***

Cloy, who had just turned fifteen was in his room, studying various fighting techniques, as well as increasing his martial prowess.

For the past few years, he had discovered a power that he possess, being the 'Switch' ability. This ability allows the user to switch his abilities with other beings. Cloy had won the Champion's Arena using his power to 'switch' with the opponent, who had no idea on how that could've happened.

For that, Cloy earned the title 'Reverse', as he can seemingly reverse the results of battle at his own will. The title, however, stuck to him as a nickname, to which many people, excluding his Aunt and Uncle, refers to him.

Among the many people, Revan, who is now ten years old, also refers to Cloy as Reverse. More spefically, Rev. This was mostly because he, himself is very proud to have a cousin like Cloy.

"Brother Rev!" Revan approached him excitedly.
"Ugh, I told you, I'm not your brother. Just your cousin," Cloy patted Revan's head. "And my name is not 'Rev'."
"I don't care. That nickname sounds cool! Anyway, do you think Mom and Dad would allow me to speak to Micalic now?"

"Depends. They want to see on how ready you are to receive the knowledge in the Micalic. Sure, it will be done step by step, but your age does matter a lot in this case. So if they think you are still too young, there's no turning back."

"Woah. That's a long answer for a simple question," Revan replied teasingly.
"Whatever. Now shoo, I'm trying to focus here. And are you not supposed to attend your martial class?" Cloy rushed his cousin to the door.
"I'd rather train with you! The martial teacher is sooo, boring!" The little boy complained.

But Cloy decided to slam the door shut in his cousin's face, just to tease him about it later on.

Little did he know that there was no later on.

***

A few minutes had passed, and Cloy was wandering about The Tower of Protecters, accompanied by his Aunt. The both of them have a good connection. Ever since they moved to the territory of the Jurey Clan, they became like mother and son.

"Auntie. Who created the Micalic in the first place? How can it provide such forbidden knowledge?" Cloy asked out of curiosity.
"Oh? What drived you to bring up this topic?"
"Just curious. I mean, it is a magnificent device, and I've been around it for years."

"Hmm. You should be familiar with the tale of the Glorious Five. They were the ones who established the Clans Of Foundation. The Micalic is named after their respective names.

Mi being Mirazma, founder of the Jurey Clan.
C being Calliope, founder of the Nevertine Clan.
A being Almierre, founder of the Liuli Clan.
L being Laravious, founder of the Nara Clan.
And Ic being Icarious, founder of the Carist Clan."

Cloy nodded. He knew well about the Glorious Five, but he never learnt that they were the ones who created the most powerful clans ever known to mankind.

"So, they wanted the humans to be able to interpret fate, just like them. Thus they compiled all of their knowledge to create Micalic, the very one floating at the top of this tower. In fact, the veil that covers the Micalic means to represent the mysterious nature of fate."

And so she ended her short explanation with a thin smile as she gazed upon the teenage boy standing beside him. 'Oh, how time flies by! He looks very mature and powerful, just like his mother!' She thought.

But then, a great thundering roar echoed in the realm, shaking those within the sound wave. Cloy held on to his Aunt and a sturdy pillar, as it continues.