Conflict

Boboiboy rubbed his cheek that is stained with a faint red color. As he continued to walk towards the gates of Carist, he can't help but wince at the pain on his cheek.

***

"What do you mean by that, Boboiboy?"
"Nothing at all, Captain. It slipped through my mouth, you see," Boboiboy reasoned, while keeping his bright smile.
"Don't try to lie, Boboiboy. I know a lie when I see one."
"Spit it out, dude. It's no use keeping it to yourself," Fang also jumped in.
"It's not like it'll bring any change, Fang. I'm used to this and-"

*SLAP*

Boboiboy rubbed his cheek after that powerful slap. Kaizo seemed stern and serious, Boboiboy didn't expect him to react like that. Fang, on the other hand, was shocked to see Kaizo's action.

"Who knew that the famous Elemental Master would be this dumb, persistent, and stubborn," a satisfied look, curtained by his sharp eyes, emanated from Kaizo.

"No matter how powerful you are, or how powerful you will become, you can never keep secrets forever. I know everything, Revan. And by keeping those secrets to yourself, putting a masquerade in front of your friends, is the same as betraying them."

Boboiboy just stood there. His expression showed pure shock and disbelief. A red color stained his cheek. For a split second, his pupils looked like it was slit like a cat's eye. Fang was also stunned to hear what Kaizo just said.

'Is he challenging me? Does he even realize that I can easily defeat him in one blow? How bold and ignorant! No, Revan. You cannot lash your anger to him. He is your senior after all. Relax...'

'Just how much does Brother know? I know he is a top tier spy in TAPOPS, but knowing someone's personal information is something else. Was he just waiting for the right moment to reveal it to Boboiboy? I wonder...'

"You're speaking nonsense, Captain," Boboiboy got himself together.
"I speak nothing but the truth," Kaizo rebutted.

Silence fell. Feeling that he has nothing left to do, he admitted defeat and continued his journey back to Rintis Island. Leaving Fang and Kaizo behind, with questions itching to be asked.

"Brother Kai... What was that?! Didn't you see his face?" Fang bombarded Kaizo with questions.
"I know, Pang. I too feel a sense of guilt after doing that. But I really expected him to open up after that," Kaizo explained briefly.
"If I were to he honest, Brother. I would say that your methods are too harsh."
"Well, I can't deny that. Although..."

"The only way to make Boboiboy acknowledge his pain is by increasing the pain itself."

***

"My Lord, are you alright? I can't help but notice that you look troubled."
"Everything is okay, General Sarival. Thank you for accompanying me to the gate. I shall be able to make the teleportation now," Boboiboy smiled.

He then activated a device that let out a bright light. Boboiboy waved at the General and walked inside the light. All of a sudden, blurry frames started to form all around Boboiboy, and he appeared at the park near Kokotiam. As he expected, it was night time when he arrived.

'I should probably sneak into my room. I wonder if Fang already broke the seal. Oh, who am I kidding? If he didn't, he wouldn't have appeared in my meeting room. Now my problem is to convince my friends to come to Carist. They would agree, right?'

With that, he walked towards Tok Aba's house, and swiftly entered from his window. Laying down, he can't help but feel that someone is watching him nearby.

"I thought you didn't like that teleportation device, Reverse?"
"You know that you can just call me Cloy. And yes, I do, but I can't let you do more reckless things," Reverse revealed himself from outside the window.
"You're starting to sound like my friends. I've been planning this for years, and you know that," said Revan. He was displeased by Cloy's comment.
"Revan, as your older cousin, I have the right to-"
"Oh, shut up. Let me have some peace for once. Don't you dare think that keeping you a secret all these years was easy. Stop, I know your follow up line," Revan wrapped his body in a warm blanket, before dozing off, followed by a chuckle from Cloy.