Are You Okay?

"You're not supposed to do that."
"My job is keeping you safe."
"Your job is to obey me. I am the the lord of the Carist Clan."
"Our clan is already destroyed."
"As long as a pure blooded Carist still remains, the clan will always stand."
"Then what's your plan, my lord?"
"We'll gather the rebels from the Jurey Clan. I should think Estra and Jean are  good specimens."
"Have you not learn from your mistakes? Trusting outlanders will cause more harm than good."
"I have no idea on what evil you see in the people you've eliminated, but if you refuse to explain, our argument will continue."

***

"Eh? What are you doing in my backpack, Ochobot?" Boboiboy whispered.
"I heard you whispering with someone in the bathroom yesterday. I was worried. Are you okay?"
"I... Well, that was uh, probably hallucinating. I've been experiencing this for the past few days," Boboiboy smiled weakly.
"Oh. Well, don't get yourself too worked up from Reta'ka, okay? I mean, he's gone now," Ochobot gave a thumbs up.

Boboiboy felt a sense of unease when Ochobot mentioned the name 'Retak'ka'. Of course, it was only normal for him to feel that way, remembering on what Reta'ka did to him recently.

And so he went on with his patrol in the city, allowing Ochobot to stay afloat beside him.

But it was not long before they found a group of civilians huddling together in a dark alley just a few meters from them. It was, of course, yet another case of murder.

The both of them walked closer, and found Yaya, Ying, Fang, and Gopal investigating the crime scene.

"Oh, hi Boboiboy and Ochobot! Are you interested in the serial murder case?" Greeted Yaya as soon as she saw them.
"Can't really say 'interested'. More of a sense of responsibility," Ochobot replied.
"The police allowed us to make our own investigation due to our deeds in the past," Ying stood up.
"Pretty decent if I do say so myself. Come here Ochobot, I want you inspect the deceased."

As the gang continued investigating, Boboiboy leaned onto the cement wall of the alley. His eyes were shut, and was in deep thought. Yet his face was red with anger. Fang, who was concerned of this decided to approach him.

"Hey, what's up with you lately? How many times have you zoned out already?"

As Boboiboy opened his eyes, Fang took a step back. 'His eyes look so sharp and keen. I've never seen him this way before. I'm actually terrified. Did I anger him?'

"S- sorry, I didn't mean to make you angry."

Boboiboy looked at him with subtle confusion.

"Anger me? What are you talking about?" He asked.
"Well, you looked at me so sharply, and I assumed you were-"
"You clearly misunderstood. I was merely in deep thought. And I apoligize for scaring you."

Fang looked at him with doubt. He can clearly sense that something was amiss. But when he tried asking to Boboiboy...

"Boboiboy! Fang! Come here, quickly!" Ochobot interrupted Fang's thought.

The both of them hurried over.

"What's the matter?" They asked.
"I found some info that might unravel the killer's identity!"
"Well? Spit it out then!" Fang said enthusiastically.
"Nghhh, perhaps we should discuss this matter in a more isolated place," Boboiboy interrupted.
"Dey! If want to find the killer, best do it quickly!" Gopal yelled.

Boboiboy let out a small scoff before stating his reason.

"You know the people of Rintis Island regarding these sorts of cases. They assume too quickly and will accept any statement without second thought."

Though hesitation was clearly seen in their eyes, they eventually agreed with Boboiboy and decided to meet at Fang's old mansion to discuss the matter at hand.

***

"When I inspected the deceased, I found that it was once more the same killer that was reported by the police. The description and the fingerprint was indeed the same. But there's something peculiar..."

The gang stared at each other with an unfazed look. Of course they knew it was the same killer. Who else could it be?

"I sense a remaining trace of a power, similar to Fang's shadow power, but it was at least 100x stronger," Ochobot continued.

Fang was shocked to hear this. Even though he is an alien, he still wouldn't do such a crime to an innocent.

"But don't assume too quickly. I also sense a power that is similar to Boboiboy's solar element. And it was too 100x more powerful. Yet the trace of this power is more visible and stronger than the shadow's."

Now everyone was staring at Boboiboy. But to their surprise, he didn't even show any signs of shock or denial. He just stood there, unfazed by the situation.

"So, it was Boboiboy all along?" Gopal pointed out.
"But that's impossible! I mean, he's the hero of this very island!" Yaya denied.
"Unfortunately, it's hard to deny that possibility," Fang reluctantly said. Ying let out a small sigh.

Boboiboy groaned with pain as they all said that. His hands covered the heart. Ochobot hurrily hovered towards him

"Eh?! What's wrong, Boboiboy? Was this too shocking for you? It's okay, I'm not actually blaming you, I just-"
"Fang. I need you to show me an empty room, and the largest if possible. Lock me from outside, until you stop hearing the sound of a lyre," Boboiboy instructed.
"But why-"
"Now."

Fang then showed Boboiboy an empty room, and locked him inside just as instructed. He fears Boboiboy's eyes when he glared at Fang.

Once he returned to the others, they can all hear a faint sound if someone playing a lyre, followed with a wild scream.

They looked at each other with terrified eyes. Whispering the same things to themselves.

'Boboiboy... Are you okay?'