Just a Little Longer...

"I'm so sorry! I didn't know what happened, I was lost in my own thought, and... And I broke down, I really don't know what happened, I-"
"Shhh, everything is alright, lil' brother. Just hold on to me, okay?" Reverse tried his best to comfort the crying Boboiboy.

"You. You guys need some explaining to do. Just who do you think you are, insulting the royal crown of Carist? Not to mention ungrateful. Do you even know, how much he had to sacrifice, just so everything would be peaceful, ordered and just," Reverse glared berserkly at the three.

Yaya, Ying, and Gopal just looked at the berserk Reverse, haunting them with his sharp red eyes. Hatred and anger flowing within the endless crimson ocean of his eyes. They all gulped nervously.

"But still, he should've told us. There are always other options," Gopal tried to reason, acting wise. Which tickled the others present.
"And what if I told you that there ARE no more options?" Reverse asked in a challenging tone.
"W-what do you mean?" Yaya asked softly, fearing that she might anger the boy more.

"The Carist Clan didn't face its inevitable destruction for nothing. None of our efforts resolved in any success. A strong entity from afar declared war against Carist. There will be more than just trust that we have to sacrifice later."

***

Boboiboy was violently rubbing his hair in the shower, when a familiar voice called out to him.

"Have thou forgotten... who one is?" A faint and weak voice ringed in his ear.
"I have not. For my only duty is to hear and heed your voice, only," Boboiboy slightly flinched.
"One shall warn thee... Regarding the danger in thy path. Awaken, Revan. Awaken..."

And so, the voice dissapeared along with the wind. Boboiboy was shivering uncontrollably. The presence of that voice was mysterious and breath taking. Boboiboy leaned his back on the wall, still allowing the shower water to flow past him.

"Oi, Revan? What's taking you so long in there? I wanna shower too!" Cloy banged on the door.
"Ah! Wait a moment, I'm getting dressed!" Revan panically replied, quickly drying himself.
"Well hurry up! I've been holding this for minute and I'm gonna blow that toilet up!"

Revan narrowed his eyes at Cloy's statement and left the bathroom, while his cousin rushed inside and slammed the door.

'Stupid useless Cloy! Can't I have a moment?'

***

Boboiboy is now at the beach, sitting peacefully on the soft sand. The night breeze, and the crashing waves are truly beautiful sights to see. His mind was exhausted. He still had to go back and invite Jean and Estra of Jurey. Not to mention seeking help to the nearest available clan, Liuli.

Oh, he has so much things to do, there wouldn't be a moment to rest! A drop of tear escaped his eyes unconsciously. He hadn't realized that he was fully crying.

"You're so fragile, yet so bold and brave to take on those responsibilities, Revan," a voice called out to him.

Thinking that it was Reverse, Boboiboy uncaringly looks back, and was surprised to see Captain Kaizo in front of him.

"Why are you crying, Boboiboy? Is there something troubling you?" Kaizo sat beside him.
"O-oh! I didn't r-realize that I w-was crying," Boboiboy finally noticed his tears, and accidentally stammered.
"You must have a lot to shoulder. To even not notice your own tears," Kaizo glanced at him pitifully.

Silence befall them. Kaizo knew, that breaking that silence will only shatter all the bonds they've built. So he let the young cadet to sink in his own thoughts, yet again unnoticing the tears that flowed from his tired eyes.

"It hurts, Captain. You know what I mean more than anyone else. Y-you... You were so, so strong. To fight t-the f-feeling of desperate and e-emptiness. Look at me, trusted and loved by many people, yet so fragile and vulnerable. I... I don't... I don't know what to do..."

Kaizo was left speechless. Yes, he lost his parents long ago, but he doesn't dare to put himself above Boboiboy, whose path will always be filled with destruction and war.

"Come here, Boboiboy," Kaizo signalled the boy to snuggle closer.

"Hearing praises and comforting words won't help you, would it not? You're still so young, and at your age, people are supposed to be focusing on education, not political matters like this," the Captain said, softly patting Boboiboy's head.

"I missed the days where I would spend my days in space, not giving a care to political matters, to wars and destruction. I only go from planet to planet, saving power spheres, and increasing my martial prowess little by little.

Is it so wrong for me to dream... To long... To wish that those moments would last... Just a little longer?"

Boboiboy was now fully and consciously crying his heart out. Droplets of tears flowed endlessly from his sparkling eyes. Bottled up emotions, being let out at the same time. Seeing the 'Hero of the Galaxy' break down in front of him like that is making Kaizo's heart shatter to pieces. He looks so painful and miserable. All these years, he always puts others before him. And now, when he became a little selfish, just this once, others will despise him, hate him and judge him.

'Such a cruel life... Yet you refuse to ever acknowledge that. So wise, yet so blind... He's just a kid. A kid, just like me when my beloved parents died.'

15 minutes have passed, and Boboiboy was only letting out a few hiccups. He had made himself comfortable with Kaizo's hand constantly brushing his hair. The stars shined its brilliance across the sky. People say that stars become more beautiful in the darkest of skies. I suppose they are right.

"Boboiboy. If you look at those stars, what can you learn from them?" Kaizo asked softly.
"Dunno. What is it?" Boboiboy replied with a muffled voice, cleaning the remains of his tears.

"Stars are the embodiment of hope. They shine their light in the most desperate of times, and bring smiles to the lone souls. They do not hear your wishes, or your yelps for help. They only give you something to believe. Something that you would fight for, to keep on surviving."

Boboiboy giggled. Hearing his Captain say something so wise and caring is not a common sight. If he was able to, he'd record this very moment, just to look at it whenever he feels down.

***

"That reminds me, Captain. How did you get back here in the first place?"
"I sneakily followed you to the portal, and waited for the General to leave and jumped in," Kaizo explained briefly.
"I should've known. Anyhow, we're going back to see how things are holding up back Carist. And to check up on Fang and Ochobot of course."
"Are you sure you're gonna be fine? This night took quite the toll on you."
"I'm sure that I'll be fine. I'm not fighting alone now, so what is there to fear?" Boboiboy smiled. His eyes are still red.

Silence. It was an awkward one, and Kaizo was trying to find another topic.

"What about Tok Aba? Wouldn't he worry you? Why don't you say goodbye to him?" Kaizo asked.
"Tok Aba doesn't like to hinder the progress of my missions. He would understand."
"And what about Reverse? And tour friends?" Kaizo asked again.
"Seriously? Reverse would kidnap them to Carist even without my permission. That cousin of mine really has his own way of perceiving this world," Boboiboy jokingly sighed.

Boboiboy then took a small device and activated it, opening a portal in front of them. The both walked inside, and left Rintis Island behind, once more.

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Phew! 1335 words in just 3 days! My eyes are hurting so badly, but I still need to manage my second account. Please pray for me and my health😅