Meeting with Fellow Rapper

June 2014

Dara and Chase Malone were waking throughout the streets of Paris. Although initially peeved at being left out, now feels somewhat at peace. Maybe it's the face Dara was right beside him. This was the first time he really took notice at her beauty. He understood why she is called YG's visual. She had the looks of idol from her eyes to her smile.

He first met her right when Jay returned to Korea. He was almost surprised that spoke Filipino. Through the years she has gotten to know she is like an elder sister figure. Always the first to give you a hug when you're having a bad day. Thanks to her, Chase has become fluent in Korean and got used to life here. Sure it was far from his old life in Seattle but now he could be by Jay's side every single day. With Jay already in a relationship with Hyuna, Taeyang with the actress Hyorin, and his mentor Teddy with the hot Yesul, he began to believe love was in the air.

"I wonder what life would be with Dara be like? We're like really good friends now and she seems cool with me. We speak the language and share a heritage." Chase gave it some thought. Dara's home was the Philippines so traveling over there would make her day. The only problem is he has never went there himself. Only his mother was Filipino so there was some disconnect.

"What are thinking Chase?" Dara asked with those dimples.

"Well... Nothing much. I'm just noticing how pretty you look. To be truthful I feel like I'm always at work twenty four seven. This is the first real time I got to relax. It feels kind of strange." Chase admitted.

"I understand what you mean Chase. You feel like you're not doing much because you're not at the office, but it doesn't hurt to travel ever once in a while. You made a lot to where you're set for life! You're even more lucky because you're not under a strict contract. I learned over the years to enjoy the smaller things in life." Dara wrapped her arms around his in an affectionate hug.

"W-What are you doing?" Chase asked with a small blush.

"You feel so warm right now. You're a great friend Chase. I really being around you. I feel like I can be myself. Let's take a walk Chase." Dara said dragging Chase towards the fashion center of Paris.

Back to where Jay Park was sitting he was eating some baguette sandwich from a local stand.

"This is really good!" Jay said in French as he took a bite.

"I'm glad you like it. This is more of a Parisian meal, not the overpriced restaurants in Champ Elysees. This is my home, the 14th department of Paris. This is the side of Paris the media doesn't show you. Immigrants from Algeria and Morroco tend to be the one to open one of the many halal restaurants, Africans from West Africa and the Congo opening up a clothing shop. We in Paris are bit of a melting pot much like America." French rapper Nekfeu stated.

"That's really cool. Back home was mostly Mexicans and Asians who make up the immigrant population. I grew up with immigrants so I can relate to not feeling like you fit in." Jay stated.

"So you're already familiar tres bien! Because of cultural differences there is an obvious tension between the immigrants and the native French population. My dream is to have all kinds of people coexist in peace. Violence never ends well and I want to do something positive for my community." Nekfeu stated.

"That's a really good thing to do homie. I can respect that. I've been trying to do so the same thing. Believe or not there was a moment where I wasn't sure if I was going to have my career back. I was kicked out of Korea and I moved back to Seattle. That's where I gotten back in touch with my roots and ever since then I wanted to give back."

"So you understand why Paris means a lot to me. It's much more than a city of lights or fashion. Paris represents the diversity of cultures all here together. We have citizens from all parts of the world. To be French is to embrace that identity and share it among your brother." Nekfeu said.