44. Standing her ground

Lola saw Lucia approaching her reception desk the next morning at the Leaford's offices. She stopped smiling and looked away.

"Lola, I didn't call you a ho. I would never do that... you're my friend... I just meant that you are more outwardly going than I am.. like being friends with you... I don't want that to stop..."

Lola sighed and stayed straight faced

Lola sighed and stayed straight faced. "I shouldn't have taken his number for you.. that was wrong and I understand that now... I don't even know why I did that obviously you're with Hadyn and you wouldn't even look at the guy. Why would you when you've got a man like that.."

"It's OK, I just know that he's under a lot of stress right now so I'm trying to alleviate him having an issue with anything that I do because he already thinks that I'm immature and that I do things stupidly.... He's thinks I'm not ready to hold him down... I'm trying to prove to him that I am" she sighed. "But I gotta tell you it's getting harder and harder maybe for my first big relationship he's a bit too much for me.."

Lola smiled at her. "You got this... just like you got this job... Mr Leaford is in his office and he asked me to send you through as soon as you arrived.."
Lucia gave her friend a nervous look and she made her way to his office.

She stood outside of the office and took a deep breath. She then knocked on the door and waited to hear his voice asking her to come in. Instead, the door opened and he stood looking at her with a huge beaming grin on his face. "welcome back Lucia, I have been waiting for you and my God have we got some work to do... So I hope you're ready to get stuck in.."

She immediately felt back at home. She smiled at him. "of course I'm ready to get stuck in Mr Leaford..

"well you can start by calling me Lea,... Mr. Leaford is way too formal for my PA... things will be done differently here than they were when you were working with Dolores, so if you want to go grab yourself a coffee, get yourself a notebook and your laptop... we can get started, we've got a busy day ahead of us.."

Lucia now felt at ease, she had a smile on her face and she breathed a sigh of relief as she went to her very familiar coffee machine, poured herself her latte and grabbed the brand-new laptop which was sitting on her desk in her very own office. Now she was the PA for Mr Leaford, She wouldn't sit with the rest of the staff in the main office, she would sit separately so she could concentrate on him and what he needed from her. 

————-

Diego could sense the stare from his boss as he walked into the trap that morning.
"Where is she?." Hadyn said in a deep grumpy tone.

"If you mean Lucia!... She's at work, she started her new job today as a PA remember.." he said to him. "She has security posted on her and she needs to do this for herself.."