17. No uncertain terms

Hadyn watched Lucia as she had fallen asleep during the movie. He covered her in the blanket on the sofa and kissed her cheek. She stirred and looked at him with a smile. "Were you about to sneak off.."

"Yo uncle would not be very impressed with me if I stayed here for the whole night... are you gonna be okay if I go?." He asked her.

She nodded and touched his hand

She nodded and touched his hand. "Thank you for today... you really have helped to take my mind off of everything..."

"That's what I was here for.." he paused. "I'll have you picked up and brought to my place for dinner tomorrow.."

She watched as he picked up his car keys and coat and headed to the door. She followed him and saw him out before locking her apartment doors and heading to bed. she caught herself looking in the mirror, and she had a smile on her face. One that she didn't even realise existed until right now. She had truly enjoyed her time with him, they had laughed, joked with each other and had some serious conversations too. She lay in bed and cuddled into her cushions, in the last couple of weeks and meeting Hadyn and everything that happened seemed just like a whirlwind had ran through her life.

———-

Hadyn was angry, he had thought non stop about what Lucia had told him about Dolores firing her while he was on the ride home. It made him mad that his like for her was impacting her life and career. He pulled the car on to his drive and he took his phone out of his pocket, he called Dolores.

She picked up but she didn't speak. "I know you're there... you know that I'm not fucking happy with what I've heard... What the fuck is going on with you Dolores.."

"if you're talking about Lucia, she didn't achieve her goals as my PA... that was a business decision, purely made on business grounds.. and what I do with my staff has absolutely nothing to do with you Hadyn."

"the girl is going through a whole heap of shit and you're just adding to it. Do you not even understand that her mother passed away, and you're on her doorstep telling her that she's no longer required at yo service?..."

"I don't know why you stand up for her so much

"I don't know why you stand up for her so much... It's not like you really know her didn't she only just meet you at the lake house?." She sniped. "Or were you messing with her before.. and I only just found out like a fool."