37. Charmer

Lucia was up early to meet Lola for a run, they did this once a month a long run to Runyon Canyon and beyond.
Lola noticed that Lucia was quiet. "Are you okay, you haven't been your normal chatty self this morning?."

"I'm good.. just a lil nervous about being back in the office... I know that probably sounds weird but it's been a while and the whole office knows she fired me over her bit on the side..."

"Who is now your man.. and you're very happy with him... so screw them... besides she's the one being gossiped about not you..." she said, taking a sip of water from her bottle. "How is Mr Taylor?." She asked her.

"I haven't seen him

"I haven't seen him... I mean I was supposed to see him last night but he didn't come back.. or at least he's not back yet..."

"Were you at his place?."

"Yeah, he let me have a key... but it was pointless, he was out at a club.. I may as well have stayed back at my uncles place..."

"Girl these clubs be open all hours.. we left to meet each other at 6, my guessing is he's probably just rolled in drunk as hell about now." She laughed.

The girls continued their run, both of them feeling great. They both had good and stable men behind them now and that made them smile. As they ran a group of 3 men ran past them, one looked back at them. "You wanna hand ladies.. I can lasso you and pull you up this hill if you need.."

Lola laughed. "We're good thanks.."
The men ran on towards Clouds Rest. The girls continued at their pace.

They finally arrived and looked out over the city. The 3 men were still there talking. They walked across to the girls. "You made it then."

"You are so not funny!." Lola said.

One of the men just stared at Lucia. "Wow! You don't need to be running... you're looking good just as you are." He said to her.

Lola laughed. "We run for our health.. not for looks...

"Do you do all the talking for yo friend here." He said to Lola.
Lola raised her eyebrows.
The guy looked back at Lucia.
"What's yo name?."

"We gotta go." Lucia said.

"Oh you do talk!." He laughed. "I'm sure you've been told this many times but you are stunning...
Lola was distracted now talking to the other 2 men and laughing and joking with them.
"But you're shy too..that's cute..." he smiled.

"I am a lil shy." She said.

"Well my name is Dion... what's yours?."

"Lucia." She said. "It was nice to meet you but I really have to go now...Lola! Are you ready.."

Lola nodded and walked back across to her friend. "I'm a hope I'll see you around Lucia, I'll be keeping a special eye out for you." Dion said as she and Lola started to run back down the hill.