XXXI - Dublin

She was lost in thought while they were heading back home. 

Her thoughts never wavered from two very interesting people. 

One was that brunette girl who was always hanging around or seem to be stuck to him, and the other was HIM. 

She didn't understand the sudden pull he had on her, let alone the reason why she seemed to be jealous over that brunette girl. 

Dublin never saw anyone as a threat until recently. 

He must have done something to her, or whoever did, because there was no snowman's chance in Hell, she was mated to HIM. 

Her sister's voice brought her back to the current situation by telling her they were almost home. 

When they were near their home, they knew they had to act quick and quick it must be. 

She had to think of an excuse to get Draven into the party, and another excuse to her parents as to letting both of them go to that party. 

She turned to look at her sister who seemed to be thinking the same thing.

She was on the verge of dialing someone's number on her phone when she heard her parents calling out to them.

"Dublin, Althea. How did your walk go?" She heard her mother asking, in a voice that made her raised an eyebrow. 

They were cautious. 

"It went well." She replied, but did not specify on what they were doing or who they were with. 

"Mom, can we go to this party?" Althea asked being direct as usual.

"What party?"

"A friend of Draven's was inviting us to a party, and we told them we would have to ask first. So can we go?" Althea asked again. Lying smoothly, that her mother didn't even detect anything. 

"Is Draven going with the two of you?" 

"Yes. As a matter of fact, I was going to call him now." She replied holding out her phone to show her mother she was dialing his number. 

"Well, if your father says it's okay."

"What is okay?" Her father's voice popped in from behind their mother. His face was calm, as if the argument they had this morning was not even there. 

"Dublin and Althea were invited by a friend of Draven to attend a party, and they were wondering if they could go." Her mother said explaining.

"Does Draven know? Is he going?" He asked the two. 

"Yes." Both she and her sister answered in unison.

"Are you sure?" He asked suspiciously looking at both of them. 

Dublin was silent, showing her father that she was calling Draven in front of them.

"Hello?"

"Hey Draven, it's Dublin."

"Hey, what can I do you for?"

"Remember that party your friend mentioned?"

"Yeah, what about it?"

"Can you please explain to my parents why Althea and I should go?"

"Sure."

"You're on loud speaker."

"Hello Mr. and Mrs. B, I was supposed to call you two today to ask permission if I can take your daughters out to a party this afternoon, and if they can stay over since it might well go all night long. You see, I was invited to this cool party and I was hoping to let Althea and Dublin come along to enjoy it. Lycans are going to be there, but I can assure you it is really safe. They have security and such, so I can assure you both girls are going to be safe and with me with them, no harm will come to them. So can they go?"

Her parents were listening and for what seemed to be a long hard pause, she saw both of her parents nodding their approval.

"Yes Draven, they can go. I trust you son to keep an eye on both my little girls."

"Thank you sir."

"Thanks Draven."

"Are you picking them up somewhere?"

"Yes, we are meeting by the creek at around 4PM."

Both her parents were checking their time and notice it was 11:00 AM. 

"It's 11 am, so they have time to get themselves ready. They will call you when they are going. Oh and Draven, tell your mother and father we said hello." Her mother said.

"Will do Mrs. B. Good bye, I'll see you girls later."

"Sure Draven and thanks again." She said before dropping the call and looking at her parents. 

"Dublin, Althea, let's have lunch and we need to talk. We need to explain something to you before you go that party."

Dublin sighed and nodded. She knew she had to have this talk, and besides, it would make the time go faster so she can go hang and talk to Draven about her plan of avoiding a certain Royal Lycan. 

If only it were that easy at all....