XXI - Darcy

He was quiet all the way back to the café. Keeping his own thoughts to himself, ignoring everything around him and everyone around him for that matter. 

Since he kept having to excuse himself each time he accidentally bumped into someone. 

Keeping a safer distance from her and answering her questions with one word answers. 

"So, you're the next in line to your father's pack right?" She asked trying to get him to answer.

"Yes." He replied curtly.

"Are you excited?"

"Maybe."

This was what they were doing all the way to the café. Masking his own emotions by making his face look indifferent, aloof.

Once they were back, he took a seat between Leila and Rillianna who were currently chitty chatty with Dublin's twin sister. 

He didn't have to bother to ask who was whose coffee and food, and immediately helped himself to Leila's share of the food she ordered. 

He knew Leila and Rillianna were looking at him, both concern and curiosity etched on their faces but he was in no mood to talk. Let alone in front of her. He was not mad at her, but he was disappointed at how it turned out.

He knew he could not blame her, but he had to figure out a way to make her feel at ease with him. The best idea he knew was to invite them over to the pack to let them see who he really was as a person, and as the future alpha of the most powerful pack in Romania. 

He could feel the burning stare from Leila and Rillianna, but he forced himself to concentrate on Leila's food instead. He was starving which gave him a good reason not to answer any of them. 

"Glad to see you two back." Rillianna said happily.

Which caused Darcy to internally scowl. He knew she had something to do with this and was so tempted to confront her for it. But now was not the time for it. 

"Darcy?" Leila said quietly, grabbing his arm as gently as she could. Something she often did when he was in the worse of moods and this was clearly one of them.

He didn't reply, but merely shook his head.

"Later."

"Okay." She said, before turning to what was left of her meal.

He gave her a cheeky grin that never reached his eyes. 

"By the way, what is Darcy to you Leila?" He heard the question and looked up, focusing his attention on Althea, and clearly ignoring Dublin who was clearly still staring at him.

"He's my best friend."

"I'm her best friend." He said quietly. Indifferent to his surroundings. They both mirrored each other's answers, but the truth was she was more than just a best friend to him. She was and still is everything he could have in someone he can trust. 

Leila was his twin's best friend, but he treated her like a sibling. They hanged out together, and even promised one another that if their mates would ever reject them, they would be together and raise the most powerful pack in Romania.

Oh how that promise might actually come true if this keeps on happening. He was so done for the day, and was clearly not in the best of moods and cracking under pressure. 

He didn't think he was rude enough but said a curtly goodbye to both girls before pulling his sister up and signal Leila to get up too. 

"Look at the time. I think its best if we did this another time. I'll give you my number so you can call me or text me." Leila said as she whipped her phone out and gave them her number.

"Thank you!"

They were off. He didn't even bother to look back at her. To look back to see if there was any hope in her eyes that she would follow. Nope, not even a tiny glance her way. He was better at hiding how he felt, but it was clear to the rest, that something along the way went awry and it was best to be discussed within pack walls and pack grounds. 

Sigh.