XXXII - Althea

She was not surprised at how smooth and well the lie came out from her twin sister. 

Dublin had a knack or rather a gift for that and it showed how well she had practiced since they were very young. 

What amused her was more or less the fact that even Draven was placed on the spotlight. 

Yet, even he went along with her sister's lie. 

Both were smooth talkers and both were lethal when it came to verbal fights. 

Physical fights was not something Dublin was good at but it didn't matter. 

They were in the living room waiting for what their parents wanted to tell them, and Althea had a hunch it was not going to be very pretty. 

So out of old habit, she grabbed her sister's hand and squeezed it tight. 

Reassuring her that she, Althea, was always going to be with her. 

Through the good, the bad, the ugly. 

Both of them waited with baited breaths until their parents sat down themselves and finally spoke up.

"Dublin, Althea. You girls know you are of age to seek or for your mates to find you." Kristoffer said, almost in a quiet voice, as if waiting for something or someone to happen.

She turned to look at her sister who was quiet and indifferent.

"Yes. Is this what you were trying to tell us earlier?"

"No, it's another matter, but related to this." Kristyiana replied, looking back at her husband with an encouraging smile. 

"Let me guess." Dublin said speaking up for the first time in a while.

"Dublin."

"No let me talk Al."

"Let her be child."

"So what you are going to tell me is, I have already been promised a long time ago, 8 years old if I am not mistaken, to a Lycan I barely know? Is this what it is or did I miss something?" Dublin replied trying to mask her anger.

Althea was trying to put two and two together until it her like a ton of bricks. Her eyes were wide with shock and she squeezed her sister's hand even more. As if to signal her that she had already met him, and it was just this morning that they both did.

"When we were out for our walk, we met these people..." She said trying to find a good way to say it to her parents, all the while Dublin was silent again.

"What kind?"

"Lycans of course, but different. Tell me mother, have you ever seen the royal children before?" Althea asked looking at her mother dead in the eye.

Her parents were trying to hide their shock at this revelation. 

"So you have met them. When Dublin and I were very young. No need to deny it."

"We have... and yes, this was over 10 years ago. You were sick child and yet your sister wanted to go. You didn't mind since you find those types of events boring, so we brought your sister along with us."

"Then what happened." Dublin said quietly.

"We lost you in the crowd. We were really looking for you, and when we did, we saw you talking to a blonde haired Lycan who was with a brunette haired Lycan. The blonde one was so motherly towards you, while the brunette was territorial over you."

"Who were they mother."

Their mother was quiet, looking at her husband for support.

Both parents were quiet now.

"Mother, Father. Who. Were. They." Each word that Dublin said felt like a knife to their parents backs.

"Dublin."

"No, I want to know the truth."

"I think you already do, when we met them this morning."

"Who did you meet this morning?"

"Does the names Darcy and Rillianna Wolfe ring the bell?"

Both her parents turned pale at the news, and Althea got her answer.

She and her sister both did meet the royal children. 

The playboy Lycan whose reputation always precedes him and his twin sister whose goddess like abilities could obliterate anyone in her path. 

And the worse part? They were going to go to a party they were both invited.

What could get any worse than that.