XXV - Dublin

She continued to stare in silence as she saw him hoist his sister up and signal the brunette woman to stand as well. 

She sat there in silence while her sister and the brunette woman exchanged numbers. She continued to sit there in silence until her sister brought her back to reality.

"Come on let's go. I got her number now. We still have all the time in the world to frolic, and besides, this is human territory, nobody would dare hurt anyone here."

She merely stared at her sister in silence, and in a robotic fashion stood up and waited for Althea to drag her anywhere. Her mind was still racing with all the knowledge and information she had when she was alone with Darcy.

His face, his scent, his smile... Everything about him was so familiar and yet she didn't know why. 

For what seemed like a few moments of silence on her part, she turned to look at her sister who was glued to her phone.

"Who are you texting at this time?"

"Leila. Why?"

"What are you asking from her?"

"I am asking for some deets about the party that Rillianna invited us to, and yes, we are going. No, you are not allowed to stay in the pack house and mope. Think about it Dubs, we were officially invited by the royal children to a party they are going to be hosting! Isn't this at least a little fun?"

She was silent again. Just automatically walking where her feet would lead her. As much as possible, away from him.... for now.

"Hello!? Earth to Dublin! How come you're not as excited as I wanted you to be? I mean you were dying to want to go to any party, and when one comes your way, you act like this?"

"It's nothing Althea. I just don't know if I should go."

"If I said I am inviting Draven with us, will you go then?"

She was silently looking at her sister before shaking her head.

"No, but, what reason are you giving when he was not invited to begin with?"

"Oh puhleez Dublin, I have my ways girl."

"Sometimes those ways of yours can lead us both in trouble. But still. Are you sure you want to go?"

"Yes. It's going to be fun!"

"How will we tell mom and dad then?"

"Well first of all, we tell Draven, then we tell mom and dad."

She was surprised and was about to argue until she got the idea formed in her head. It was better to have told Draven first since he was the only guy their parents trust with anything. Regardless of the fact that Draven was from a different pack.

Dublin thought about this for a moment. It would also give her an excuse to stay away from him. Even if it means having to hang around Draven for the entirety of the party. 

She decided to make up her mind in the hopes that Draven would agree and she could use him as the shield from a certain distraction. So turning to her sister, she nodded and gave her a thumbs up.

"Text Leila then, and ask her if we could invite some of our friends or our friend over to this party, and what to wear." She finally said.

"You're the best sister I could ever ask for!"

"Hey what's that supposed to mean!? I am your only sister!"

With that, her thoughts drifted to two people that have suddenly crossed her mind. Two guys whose name starts with D. One her best friend and a crush, the other... a dangerously delicious royal whom she wished she could avoid for good.

Oh if it were only easier to do so.