XXVII - Leila

photo: Pinterest//bsquiti

************************************************************************

She could hear her phone notification going off but simply ignored it. 

She was enjoying the time she had which was limited with the twins. 

Both Darcy and Rillianna, who were often seen as busy bees. 

She could not blame them, seeing as one was always on the go, while the other was so nurturing, was often seen in the pack house clinic tending to any young Lycan hurt. 

Unfortunate or fortunate for her, she was always more than welcome to stay within their pack house than having to stand idly in hers. 

It was not like she did not love her parents, rather, they were always doting on her to find a suitable mate and be happy like them. 

Her thoughts led her back to where she was. 

With them. 

With him. 

Wait! 

Why did her thought brought her to his attention instead? 

Maybe because it was that usual time when she would pine away for a mate, and ended up in his direction and attention. 

"Won't it be best if we stayed like this even for a while?" She heard Rillianna ask but neither she nor him did not say a word.

"It would be nice to just escape the reality of what is in store for us back in the pack house." She  said. 

It was clear to both of Rillianna and herself that his mind was off to what had happened earlier. 

She was mildly curious but did not want to rush to figure out what had happened. 

If he wanted to tell them, he would. 

For what seemed to be a moment, he finally spoke up.

She was quiet, all the while her gaze were on him and his twin sister. Both identical, but so different. 

One was blonde, the other a brunette. 

Just like the two girls she met today. 

"Illi... how do we tell them?"

"Well, we tell them the truth. But in a gentle manner."

"Yeah right."

"Oh come on Darcy, we both know mom and dad only want what is best for all of us. That includes Leila of course."

"What about me?" She asked perking up, her eyes wide with Rillianna's statement. 

"What about Leila?" He said.

"Leila is also part of the family, basically that is obvious. Mom treats her like her own daughter too."

She was quiet, all the while listening to them rant and vent out their frustrations of what just happened today. 

"Hey lover boy." She said softly, almost a whisper when he turned to face her instead. 

"Hey Darcy, if ever it does happen, just know Rilli and I are still here for you right?"

"Yeah. Oh and if she does, you do realize Leila that the promise we made as kids will come true right. If it so happens you don't find your mate or if your mate hopefully does not reject you." He said poking her nose with his finger.

"Yeah well, if he does then, guess who you are stuck with for all eternity. Moi."

"If your mate rejects you, I have every opportunity to murder him for doing so. And as Illi is my witness, this may happen."

"Hey! Don't put me up as witness asshole." Rilli said with a laugh.

He sighed and shook his head before sitting up. The sun was already high up and it was clear they had to go.

She tried getting up but for some reason felt lightheaded, and before she could do anything, he noticed her problem.

"Need some help Leila?"

He pulled her up and before any of them could even get their balance, Leila landed on Darcy's chest. 

She was blushing so badly, both had to look away.

"Okay, I will leave the two of you alone for a while." He heard his sister say, but before he could reply, she was gone.

"Leila?"

"It's nothing."

"You sure?"

"Positive." She said as she let go of his hand to try and regain her balance once more. 

And before she could do anything, she felt him pull her hand back to him, and instead of landing on his chest again, she looked up. Only to feel his lips against hers.

They kissed. 

Oh crap.