XI - Darcy

He was furious. Well if he was honest with himself, he was more than just furious, he was about to explode with so much cussing and if it were easy enough to strangle his twin, he would have done so already. 

Leila who was beside him through all this was now staring at him, while he only stared past her. He knew he was in human territory and had to act like a gentleman among them. So before he could act or do something stupid, he inhaled through his nose and exhaled through his teeth. All of which he did until Rilli and her new companions arrived.

"So introductions are in order, oh wait, did you order my coffee for me?" He could see Rilli acting all innocent, but it was her eyes that gave it away.

He stared at her in stony silence before answering in a flat tone.

"No, because I know you want your coffee hot. If you would like to find a seat, I will go and order your coffee." He said, standing up and trying his best to ignore the newcomer. The same newcomer whom he was well acquainted with for over 10 years now.

Her.

"Still introductions are in order." He heard Rilli said again while he looked behind him to look for that same waitress that took his and Leila's order earlier. The waitress, clearly human was standing there waiting. He gave her a hand signal and waited in silence.

"Yes sir?"

"So Illi, what would it be?" He asked but before she could answer, a new voice piped in and it made his heart beat a little faster for some reason.

"Um I would like one frappe for me please. Can I have it ice?" Her voice made Darcy want to do stupid things or to let this world burn down just for her. But he held his ground and ignored them both.

"One frappe, and for your partner?" He asked making direct eye contact at the blonde woman.

"Oh I'll just have the same thing as my sister." 

Sister. Twins then. Interesting.

"Lei, what would you have or do you need a refill?" He turned to look at Leila with a questioning look on his face.

"A new brew maybe. Something stronger perhaps?" Which he nodded and instructed the waitress for a fresh batch of coffee and some cookies to go with it. 

"Thank you." He said before turning his attention back at his twin, who was clearly grinning from ear to ear.

"So Illi, whose your new friends?" He said calmly, not betraying anything.

"Good of you to notice. This blonde hair girl is named Althea." He leaned in to offer his hand for a shake, which he was not surprised that she did the same. Interesting.

"And this girl beside her, is Dublin." Rilli said watching his gaze which betrayed nothing.

"Dublin. My name is Darcy. I'm Rillianna's twin brother, it's nice to meet you. This is Leila my-"

"It's nice to meet you too Darcy, Rillianna." He heard her say butting him in. It earned her a small faint smile from him which to his most obvious attention, she was blushing?

Oh two can play it that game indeed.