XII - Leila

She stared at Rilli from a distance and knew that the person beside her was about to explode from a lack of patience or the lack of coffee. Either way, she knew Darcy was not in the best of moods, and she prayed to both their parents that he would not lose his cool in a human village.

"Darcy?" She asked softly, placing her hand on his arm. To which he reacted by looking at her. For some reason, she didn't even understand why, but she felt her cheeks start to burn. 

"What?" He asked looking directly at her. Which made her shake her head and let her hand down. 

"Nothing, better yet, I need coffee. I think Rilli is taking her time getting to know people in the village and besides, it may take her a while to begin with. So I rather get some coffee while we wait. Are you getting anything else?" She asked, mentally giving herself a facepalm for what she just told him.

To her surprise, he started to laugh. Which made her give him a questioning look.

"Coffee it is, and I do need something else than just coffee." He said. However, she didn't know why something about what he said made her blush even more. She had to correct herself mentally before he might read into something about how she was feeling.

"I need a hard drink." He said casually, looking at Rillianna and the two women whom his sister was clearly talking lively to.

"They don't serve that here and you know that." 

"Yeah. I may as well get injected with a lot of coffee to get a grip right now."

"Tell me Darcy, what is really wrong?"

"Nothing."

"My ass has more nothings than you."

"Of course it does." He said chuckling before looking for the waitress.

"Whatever Darcy." She said as she eyed Rilli who was coming towards them, with the two along with her.

"Darcy."

"What?"

"Look."

She said pointing to Rilli, who was clearly smiling ear to ear with two new people with her. She heard him sigh and turned to look at him. For some reason, she didn't know why, but she placed her hand on his arm again and squeezed it. Comfort.

He smiled and her way before turning to his twin with a cold and aloof expression.

"So did you two order me some coffee?"

She was silent. Knowing that this was between her two best friends, and as much as she was also considered like family to them, she knew better than to test his patience.

"Introductions are in order! This is blonde woman is Althea." She nodded towards the other blonde woman before turning her attention to the brunette, who was clearly looking at her back. She gave the brunette woman a small friendly and genuine smile. 

"And beside her is Dublin." Rilli said. To which she turned to look at Darcy whose expression betrayed nothing.

"And beside him, is our best friend Leila."

"Hello, I'm Leila. A best friend and somewhat a sister to these two. Nice to meet you both."