XVI - Rillianna

It was all going according to her plan. Of course there were some delays here and there, but from the looks of it, everything was going smoothly as possible. If not, too smooth even for her. Rilli sat on the opposite side of the two young women. She knew who they were of course, but did not let Darcy get a chance of reading it from her.

She gave a welcoming smile to anyone who was looking at her and pretended that she only met them, which made her plan work even more. Of course someday soon, she would have to tell them the truth, but she had to make this work. She hated seeing her twin longing for his mate when she was only a child.

She remembered it like it was only yesterday and not ten years ago to this date.

"She's a child, let her grow. What is 10 years for you?"

"Ten years would mean she could get into an accident. Ten years would mean she could be mated so someone else!"

"Is this your way of saying you like her now or am I just going to pretend I'm blind to that?"

"Sodd of Illi."

"Sure, if I could find my mate here. Who knows right?"

She saw his expression changed and turned to look at her with an apologetic look on his face.

"I'm kidding, I know fully well my destined mate is not here."

She was lost in that specific memory and what snapped her out of it was the sound of a chair being pushed back. 

She looked up to see Dublin excusing herself and after a few seconds, her twin followed suit.

Perfect.

She tried to hide that Cheshire smile of hers before turning to face the remaining women sitting on the table.

She could sense Althea was nervous and tried to pass it off as indifference.

"They'll be both fine. Darcy is only going to look for your sister to see if she is okay."

"Okay..."

"Oh look our coffee just arrived." She said breaking the awkward silence that followed after Althea spoke. But she was disappointed to see that her order was not even there.

"Wait did he order for me or did you two order for yourselves?" She asked Leila who was now sipping her coffee.

"They didn't have what you wanted so I didn't know what you wanted. But I did order a cupcake and some freshly baked apple pie."

"Ooh apple pie. Althea, you should try out their apple pie, it is so exquisite." She replied offering her share of the apple pie to keep the other blonde woman from following her sister and her twin brother.

"If it's not much can I also have this coffee please?" Althea asked in a meek voice. To which Leila nodded to the waiter.

"So tell me, where are you and your sister from? What is the name of your pack? Are you staying in Sta. Clara?" Rilli asked genuinely interested.

"Well we are not staying in Sta. Clara, but we came here to visit the village. We heard so much of it and the fact that it is the only village in Romania that allows both Lycans and Humans to live peacefully with one another. We live on the southern end of the place and um we are the daughters of Alpha Kristoffer Bastiaan and Luna Kristyiana Bastiaan."

"Daughters of an alpha then. How wonderful. Not that it matters though. Welcome to Sta. Clara. We hope you enjoy your stay here."