XV - Leila

She ignored the fact that someone was literally staring at her. If looks could kill, Leila would have been dead on the spot. But of course she was exaggerating. Anyone who would have tried to kill her had to go through the entire pack, Rillianna and Darcy first before they could get to her. 

Yet, the odd fact that she knew this new girl who was sitting across from her could not stop staring.

She could feel her gaze burning even when she didn't have to see who was staring at her. Leila was not stupid, she knew who these two were even before they sat down. She knew the brunette was his mate and the blonde the twin. 

To her, it would look like these two women were the female version of her two best friends. Darcy and Dublin could pass off as siblings because both of them were extremely good looking. The thought of it made her seethe with a bit of jealousy. 

Leila was not blind with how she looked and how others looked at her. Compared to her best friend Rillianna, Leila was plain looking. So she didn't understand how Dublin the brunette one could look at her with jealousy.

She almost let out a small bitter laugh at the thought of this beautiful girl being jealous or even seeing her, Leila, a threat to Darcy's attention.  Of course there were a lot of girls back then who would fight tooth and nail just to get his attention, and the majority of them were jealous of her.

She loved that then but this was different. The woman across her was literally the definition of 'try and steal my man, and you'll regret it'.  Which earned herself a small sigh. Only to be caught by Darcy who turned to her. 

At first she didn't understand why until she accidentally elbowed him on the rib.

She shook her head to signal it was nothing and he continued to look at her. Memorizing her face. Clearly to sketch her when they would go back home. 

She was about to call the waiter to ask how long their order was going to take when she heard a screeching of the chair. To her surprise, the woman across her, Dublin, stood up and excused herself from their table. 

"Um excuse me, I need some air." She said as she pushed her chair back, getting up and taking her leave before anyone in the table could say a word. This did not surprise her. From the way it was going, it was clear to Leila that her twin the blonde hair girl Althea was trying her best to ignore that feeling. 

Many new Lycans when they are around the two royal children often get a sense of either positive or negative energy. Depending on whom you got into contact first.

"Let her be. Sta. Clara is safe. Please, order anything."

"I am really sorry, she's just nervous. "

"Not to worry. But if you would excuse me for a moment. Rilli, Leila, Althea." 

"Hmmm..." She said speaking for the first time in a while.

"Don't." She said addressing the blonde one.

"She'll be fine. We promise. He won't hurt her."

"How will you know?"

"Just a hunch."