XX - Leila

She knew. 

She knew from the start that there was something fishy going on. 

Not only did she knew about it, but she knew to keep her mouth shut and let her best friend Rillianna do the talking. 

It was not because she was afraid to share her opinions on things, but when it came to matchmakings for the three of them, Rillianna knew best. 

It was not because she had the ability to know who was the best for them, but because Rilli had the ability like her mother to know who was who behind the façade. 

As she sat on her corner listening and observing, she wondered about how Darcy was doing with his share of getting the other twin back. It amused her to see how a 6 foot 2 inch Lycan could sway a sweet and innocent but oh so powerful female to come back with him. The thought only made her smile. 

"Is there something you want to share?" Althea, asked as she eyed her with a curious look. 

"Oh just wondering about something. It's not really as important as what both of you are discussing." She replied with a smile.

"I don't want to sound rude, but who are you?" Althea asked. A genuine curiosity radiated around her. Something that she has not seen in a while. 

"My name is Leila Beauchêne. Sounds French I know. But I was born here."

"You're lucky to only have one name."

"Whoever said I only have one name. It is customary in our pack to have your children with 5 names. But everyone calls me Leila so I just gave out the name that I am often referred to."

"But what is your full name, and do you speak French?"

"Oui, je parle français et allemand, et bien sûr ma langue maternelle, le roumain." She replied as if to make a point. But it was not to spite her, but to let her see that yes, she can speak the language that she might want to know about.

"You might wonder what she meant, but she said 'Yes, I speak French, and German, and of course my native language, Romanian.' She can also speak Russian and Bulgarian. We sometimes call her our lovely Language Girl." Rillianna said piping in. 

"Eu também falo português. É preciso saber mais de três idiomas para poder se comunicar com outras pessoas à distância." She replied switching to another language. Portuguese. 

She was about to translate when she and Rillianna were surprised to hear the same language coming out of Althea's mouth.

"Isso é verdade. Meus pais me ensinaram isso desde muito jovem. Como tinha vontade de aprender, pensei em aprender português." 

Impressive. 

"I wonder where my sister and your brother are." 

"Oh they're back. Look!"

All three of them spotted both who were missing for almost an hour or so. One had a shocked face, while the other looked indifferent. 

"I wondered what happened."

"Your guesses are as good as mine."

"By the way, Leila, what pack do you and Rillianna belong to?"

"Blood Moon, yeah before you react, it's not as bad as they say it is. We are all really just nice folks there having parties and fun when their parents allow it. Which is to say, 98% of the time."

Rillianna nodded at this to confirm what she said.

Althea nodded understandingly. 

"So your parents still run the pack?"

"They do. They know the responsibility can only be passed down once my brother finds his mate."

"Do you have a mate Althea?"

"I have not thought of that, but I don't have one yet. I don't think any Lycan would want me. But who knows right?"

"Don't say that. I don't have a mate too, but I am not actively looking for one either."

All three girls immediately shut their mouths up when both Lycans arrived and sat opposite of each other. 

"Glad to see you two back." Rillianna said happily.

But Leila could tell something was wrong. 

"Darcy?"

He didn't reply, but merely shook his head. 

"Later."

"Okay."

"By the way, what is Darcy to you Leila?"

"He's my best friend."

"I'm her best friend." He said quietly. Indifferent to his surroundings. 

"Look at the time. I think its best if we did this another time. I'll give you my number so you can call me or text me." Leila said as she whipped her phone out and gave them her number.

"Thank you!"

She smiled and got up knowing that Darcy stood up before her and Rilli and was literally off. Rillianna in tow. 

"Sorry, I guess he just had a bad mood. Really sorry. Oh and my full name? Leila Nefeli Morrigan Talulla Nova Beauchêne. Nice to meet both of you, and I am looking forward to seeing you both again soon."