VIII - Darcy

Darcy was minding his business while letting Leila and Rilli drag him to where he was not supposed to be in. But since he loved both girls very much, he allowed them to make a fuss over him. Besides, Rilli had every reason to fuss around. Tonight was the beginning of a lot of nights to seek out mates. 

"Wait wait, I am not going inside a boutique. I am putting my foot down here Illi." He said as he noticed where Rilli was dragging him in. 

"I'm just here to buy ribbons I swear."

"Uh-huh."

"I swear Darcy it's true. Besides, if you don't want to go in with me, you can always just wait outside." She said with an innocent smile that Darcy was fully aware was hiding something underneath.

"I rather wait for you in the pub."

"Or the cafe."

"Fine. Cafe it is." He said as he took his leave and went towards the cafe.

It was there he spotted two newcomers. One had brunette hair and the other was blonde. Both were lycans, and both were females. He hid a small smile as he saw how both of them were so like his twin sister, except, he was male. 

He was sitting outside of the cafe with a small menu in his hand. While looking for what kind of coffee would literally hit the spot, he felt a different presence nearby, but he didn't have to bother to look up. He could tell it was Leila to begin with.

"So have you ordered yet?" Leila asked as she tried to look past Darcy's long slender fingers to see the back portion of the menu.

"Nope, but if you wish to go first, here." He said as he handed her the menu. All the while staring at the people passing through.

He knew literally everyone here... okay 99% of the village people here. Apart from seeing how Sta. Clara was literally covered in forests ruled by Lycans, the people here knew better than to seek out trouble. Even if trouble had a name and a face. 

"I'll have the mocha rum coffee and the choco cookie to go with it." Leila said as she turned to look at the waitress.

"And for you sir?" She asked politely. He could tell she was human by her scent.

"The strongest coffee you have please."

"One brewed coffee it is sir. Will that it be all?"

"Did Illi say she wanted something?"

"We could order her coffee to go."

"Nah, let her stay here. We will order for our other companion later. First can we have my coffee please. Thank you." He said all in one breath.

"You know, that waitress was checking you out."

Darcy who simply turned to look at Leila began to throw a short bitter laugh.

"Yeah well, she is human and I doubt she would want to date a Lycan."

"Say Darc, what happens if you don't find your mate? Who would you take then?"

"You know what Leila, I have never thought of that. I mean, okay maybe I have but, I rather wait for what mom gives."

He didn't want to tell her that if he could not find his mate, he would have to let Leila rule with him. But he didn't want her to feel obligated either. For what seemed like forever, his coffee arrived and drowned it in a single gulp. 

This was of course before the commotion happened. When it did, he turned to look at Rillianna bumping into someone. A certain someone.

Shit.