Part 3: Chapter 18 & 19

Before we start I just wanna say, thank you all for reading this story and than you for the support.

Also, another quick shoutout and thanks to Chickenman323 and ConeGuardian for making these videos. (Chickenman made the first one, ConeGuardian made the second.)

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/Kv6nDwQvKzs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ffgsVEg104

Now, onto the very long chapter.

Part Three: The Eye of Onyx

(3rd Pov Sunny)

It was still raining when Sunny woke up the next morning. She could hear the pitter-patter at the far end of the passageway, and the breeze that gusted toward them smelled damp and fresh. But it came along with the dim morning light, and the wind wasn't as cold or fierce as it had been the night before. She felt sure that the worst of the storm had passed.

She stood up and stretched, reaching her wings as wide and high as they would go and pressing her talons out in front of her.
Everything felt less awful again, somehow.

Her father was still asleep. Sunny hesitated, half tempted to leave without saying goodbye, but she couldn't do that to him.
"Stonemover?" She poked him lightly in a part of his shoulder that didn't look entirely made of stone yet.
"Mmmph?" he answered. His eyes slowly peeled open.
"I have to go," she said.
"Already?" He sighed, this time long and smoky so she had to step back to breathe. "Can't you stay? it's really . . . quiet here."

'Really lonely, you mean,' she thought.
"I'm sorry," she said, then added with a burst of excitement, "I think I've figured out how to end the war. I mean, I think i found a clue, sort of. At least I have an idea."
Stonemover's eyes were dark and puzzled. "But . . ." he said. "But why? The prophecy isn't real, remember?"

"That doesn't matter," she said. "I'm not doing it because a prophecy told me to. If I can stop the war, I think I should. it would be nice if someone else would take care of it, but maybe that's what everyone else is hoping, and maybe someone just has to do it."
"Hmm," said Stonemover. "Somehow I suspect it won't be that easy."
"Maybe it will be," Sunny said brightly. "I'll find the Eye of Onyx and give it to one of the queens, and that's all it'll take."
"Ah," said Stonemover. "That'll never work."
"I thought you might say that," Sunny said. "Don't worry, I'll come back and tell you all about it when it totally does work." She smiled at him, and she thought she saw the slightest movement of a maybe-smile twitching around the corner of his mouth.

"I wish-" he said, then stopped.
'I don't even know where to begin with wishing,' Sunny thought. 'I wish the Talons hadn't taken me? No, because then I wouldn't have grown up with my friends. I with I'd been born looking like a real SandWing? No, because then I wouldn't be me, and I wouldn't want to be anyone else. Maybe I wish the prophecy were real. I wish I knew for sure that this would work.'
Sunny shook out her wings. "Just wish me luck," she said. "I'll see you soon."

When she left the cave, Stormcaller was there in the passageway waiting for her, the fiery glow that emanated from his chest the night before was now gone. "Ready when you are," he said, sounding somewhat tired. She nodded, ready to attempt to stop the war.
As they headed up the passage, toward the light and quiet rain, she could sense Stonemover watching her gloomily. She wondered what her mother would think of him now, how much he had changed since they knew each other.

'None of my friends got to know both of their parents. I'm lucky they're both still alive - and I'm lucky they're not that bad.
But now that I've met both of the, I know which one I want to be like.
I'm not going t sit in a cave and mope because things aren't the way I want them to be. I'm going to make them happen, the way thorn stated the Outclaws and searched for me. If she'd given up, how would we ever have found each other? She'd have been just another dragon in the Scorpion Den, and maybe our paths would never have crossed.'
Then another thought entered her mind - a question - one that she had a while ago, but never got to ask. 'What is Stormcaller's family like?'