Part 3: Chapter 27 & 28

(3rd Pov Tsunami)

Panic.

Screaming.

For a palace surrounded by water, it was surprising how much caught fire so quickly.
Large sections of the canopy collapsed, carrying flaming branches and leaves and debris down onto the Summer Palace. Tsunami saw dragons spiraling toward the lake, their wings alight with flames, shrieking with pain.

The fire bombs were just logs set on fire, but they caused terrible damage as they crashed through the pavilion and knocked SeaWings out of the air.
"The SkyWings found us," said one of the guards, looking skyward in terror. As he said it, they all saw a wing of red and orange dragons soar overhead, dropping more bombs and breathing more fire down the canopy.

"But how?" said the second guard.
"Doesn't matter to me," Cascade said. "I'll stop them either way." He jumped off the ledge and flew over the pavilion, dodging debris. "Father! My trident!" he called before flying through the canopy.

Tsunami thought of the hole left in the canopy when Cascade ripped Webs out of it. Would that have been enough to lead the SkyWings here? So quickly? What were the chances a scout had spotted the hole, reported back, and gathered the forces for an attack only a day later?
It had to be something else.

She looked down and saw the lake water churning as frantic dragons tried to shove their way into the exit tunnel. Only one way in only meant one way out, and it wasn't big enough for everyone at once. She felt sick at the thought of all those dragons crammed into the small space together.
There was one other way - but flying out through the canopy (Like Cascade) and into the claws of the SkyWings, could be suicide.

Tsunami searched the mass of dragons for her mother, but she couldn't see ropes of pears or wings the exact shade of her own anywhere. At least Coral wasn't one of of the shapes with charred wings floating limply in the water.

Blister was nowhere to been seen either.
Shark swooped past with Cascade's trident, yelling orders. Most dragons seemed to panic-stricken to listen to him, but a few rallied around and followed him up into the sky. Surely they would be out numbered, Tsunami thought. Surely they didn't stand a chance.

"Tsunami!" a voice called. She turned around and saw Anemone running up to her, her friends weren't so far behind. "What's going on? Where's mother?"
"I don't know," Tsunami said. How would she get Anemone out of here. Through the flames, and panicking dragons and SkyWings. Could she get Anemone out of here safe.

"Princess Anemone, you need to get out of here," one of the guards said.
"Not out there she's not," Tsunami said. As much as she wanted too, she couldn't trust these guards to get Anemone out of here completely safe.

"Tsunami," Stormcaller said, placing a talon on her shoulder. "I can get Anemone to Coral while you all get out of here." Tsunami looked at him. Could she trust him? Everyday, there was a new, crazy secret revealed to them about him. Could he keep her sister safe?
"I promise on my life she won't be harmed," Stormcaller said. Tsunami nodded. "All right. One of you go with him," she ordered the guards.
"I know my way to the Deep Palace," Stormcaller said, casually revealing another insane secret. "Fine, but you're telling us everything afterward," Tsunami said fiercely. 
"Fair enough."

"Wait," one of the guards started. "We shouldn't be letting you go, even with the Princess."
"Defending the palace is more important than guarding the prisoners. Anemone will be safe," Tsunami said.
"But-" one of them said. "But we can't let you-"
"You have to save yourselves," Tsunami said. "And so do we. Trust me, fate wants the dragonets of destiny to survive this."

The guards didn't stick around to argue. They launched themselves off the ledge, and Tsunami saw one fly down to join the crush of dragons around the tunnel, but the other two flew up to fight along side Commander Shark.
Stormcaller picked up Anemone with a talon - much to her surprise, and flew up into the chaos faster than dragon like him should have been able too.