Book 3: Epilogue

(3rd Pov Fatespeaker)

"I hate this place," Flame said, glowering at the dark rock dust caught between his claws. "Hate, hate, hate it."
"I hate it more," Squid moaned. He coughed gloomily. "My scales feel so dry. My talons hurt. And I'm hungry."

"I hate that big old stupid terrible NightWing," Viper hissed.
"I can't believe my dad let him take me." Squid edged to the mouth of the cave and stared at the smoky sky as if hoping Nautilus would appear suddenly, winging to his rescue.

"Oh, stop," Fatespeaker said, flicking her tail. "It's not that bad."
Actually, it was really bad, but she certainly wasn't going to admit it to these four. She had never ever imagined that the Night Kingdom - her kingdom - would be so dark and smelly and that all the dragon here would be so incredibly cranky. It was as if being the most awesome dragons in the world didn't even make them happy at all.

But hey, she was home, and Morrowseer said she was part of a prophecy, which was even more awesome than being a NightWing. So what was there to complain about, really?

"I want to die," Ochre groaned. The MudWing dragonet had been lying on the floor of the cave for practically the entire day since they'd been dumped here by Morrowseer.
"I want you to die, too," Flame volunteered.
"You smell ghastly," Viper agreed.

"I don't think I should have eaten that dead thing," Ochre mumbled. He paused, then added, "Or all of your dead things."
"Well, I wasn't going to eat it," Squid said snootily. "We are on an island. I think someone should be able to bring me a fresh fish, considering who my father is and the fact that I'm a dragonet of destiny. I mean, really."

Fatespeaker shifted on her talons uncomfortably. She hadn't really liked the look of what the grumpy NightWings had brought them to eat either. Why was everything so decayed and horrible-smelling?
'Have a vision,' she told herself. 'That'll make you feel better.'

She closed her eyes and scrunched up her forehead and concentrated as hard as she could.
"I foresee-" she said in a portentous tone.
"No!" shouted Viper.
"Spare us," Squid cried.
"Aaaaarrrrrgh," Ochre moaned.
"Now I want you both to die," said Flame.

"Oh, shush," Fatespeaker said with her eyes still closed. "I'm using my POWERS. Behold! I foresee a . . . walrus! A walrus in our future! An entire walrus for us to eat!"
"Why are you torturing me?" Ochre wailed.
"We hardly ever had walrus even when we lived next to the sea," Squid pointed out.

"Despite the fact you predicted we would just about every week," Viper added sourly.
"My visions are not always precise," Fatespeaker said breezily. "It does not say when this walrus will arrive, only that it will, and then we shall feast. And everything will be wonderful again."

"When had it ever been wonderful before?" Flame snarled.
"Do us a favor and stop sharing your stupid powers with us," Viper snapped.

'Grumpy ungrateful lizards.' Fatespeaker sat down in the mouth of the cave and turned up her snout, ignoring everyone. If they couldn't appreciate the gifts she bestowed upon them, WELL FINE THEN, she would just keep her visions to herself. Until she had another great one, anyway.

The Night Kingdom volcano stretched below her, dark and craggy and swarming with black dragons. There weren't nearly as many NightWings as she'd expected. It felt more like a Talons of Peace camp than a whole kingdom. But the dragonets hadn't even been taken to the big fortress, which Fatespeaker assumed was where the queen lived. Nor had they been introduced to the NightWing queen. Or anyone, actually. Morrowseer had stuffed them in this high cave and stomped away again.

Fatespeaker squinted down at the black-sand beach in the distance. A cave was set into the cliff there, and earlier she'd seen several dragons swoop into it. Now they were coming out again, and they had a NightWing dragonet in their talons.

He looked the same age as Fatespeaker, and he was unconscious. His wings drooped and his claws dragged in the sand. Her scales began to tingle in that was she was sure meant a sign from the universe.
There was something important about this dragonet.

"I'm having ANOTHER VISION," she announced.
The bones left over from Ochre's dinner splattered on the ledge beside her. She was lucky that Squid didn't have very good aim.

"I'm just letting you know that I'm NOT TELLING YOU ABOUT IT," she said. "Even though I'm sure it's VERY SIGNIFICANT."
The others ignored her, which they did way too often.
Well, it didn't matter.

She was home with her own kind now. She had a destiny to follow. And she was sure the unconscious dragonet, who was being carried into the fortress, would be part of it.

---------------------------------------

Character Profile

Oleander

RainWing (Originally Nerscylla)

Oleander is average size, and slightly shorter than Stormcaller. She has a large variety of colors. Most of her body was a pure, ghost white with stripes of blue crawling down her legs. The membrane of her wings was a vibrant purple and an orange stripe ran down either side of her tail. Her claws were also orange.

Age: ???

Oleander is a very kind and calm dragon. She had no sibling and lived in between the swamps of the Mud Kingdom and jungle of the Rainforest Kingdom. She found Toad's egg roughly a year and a half ago, and it hatched almost as soon as she found it. Toad instantly imprinted on the Nerscylla and wouldn't leave her side. Oleander soon started to love Toad as if he were her own son. About a month later they were both turned into dragons and moved into the RainWing village. If any dragon were to harm a single scale on Toad, she would kill them without hesitation. She can also use the skill Prediction, although she's not the greatest at it.

She spends most of her time taking care of Toad, working in the Royal Gardens, and working with Tamarin. (Side note: if you haven't figured it out yet, Tamarin can use prediction. Oleander taught her this.)

Toad

MudWing (Originally a Tetsucabra)

Toad, unlike other MudWings, is orange instead of brown. He is very hyper and tends to be mischievous, pulling pranks on other dragons every now and then for some entertainment. He looks up to dragon bigger than him, hoping to be that big one day. He can easily jump over full grown dragons, due to the fact his back legs are extremely muscular.

Age: 1 1/2

Toad can be described as rambunctious and wild, due to this, most RainWings don't like him. In return, he'll throw food at them when they are sleeping. No one knows it's him. He also has an accomplice, which is the RainWing dragonet who puts fruit in dragons noses when they sleep that we cay back in chapter seven and eight of book 3.

Toad spends most of his time eating, sleeping, causing trouble, following Oleander, or playing with other dragonets.

END OF CHAPTER

A/N

This is it for book 3

I am excited for book four because some interesting things are going to happen: 

1. You find out what Stormcaller's been doing

2. Bio-energy becomes more relevant

3. Multiple big plot twist is going to happen

Let me know if you have any more question or suggestions

See you all in the next chapter

bye