Part 1: Chapter 5, 6, & 7

Despite holding the throne for more than thirty years, Scarlet was smaller than most dragons her age. But her ability to fight was no joke. If she'd ever get the chance, she could probably beat an Anjanath in a fight. Which is something Stormcaller could not say about other dragons. And not to mention that she had fourteen extremely dead dragons that had tried to take the throne from her.

Now that Stormcaller thought about it, Scarlet was probably one of the worst dragons to get their claws of the Dragonets of Destiny. She was allied with the MudWings and Burn, and the later hated the prophecy and had destroyed the SkyWing egg six years ago.

Queen Scarlet let go of Tsunami's talons and slipped the medallion over her own neck. She turned and ran one claw down Clay's snout.
"Now you, MudWing, make me curious. We're on the same side. So why didn't you recognize me, yet that NightWing did?"

'If Obsidian were here, he probably would have killed her for not referring to me as NightWing and not Lord Fatalis.' Stormcaller grimaced. Obsidian's seriousness was annoying at times but he missed it.

On the other side of the Sky Kingdom a large black dragon covered in the blue and red blood of dragons, sneezed. 'Someone must still be thinking about me.

"Like I said -" Tsunami started. Queen Scarlet silenced her with a flick of her tail. "I'd like to hear the MudWing speak," she said. "All rumbly and deep and nervous."
"We, uh," Clay stammered, "We've been underground awhile ... kind of always . . ." Tsunami made a face at Clay behind the queen's back. He was already saying to much information. Stormcaller noticed the sun starting to rise giving the mountains and sky a golden glow.

"We're just passing throught," Clay said. The rows of rubies above the queen's eyes arched disbelievingly. "I mean - it was an honor to meet - a - it was very. We have to go." he blurted.
"Already?" said the queen. "But that's heartbreaking. I hate being abandoned mid-conversation. There's so much more I want to know about you." Stormcaller slowly walked over to where tsunami was, and reached for the small sword. "I think the only place you should go is back to my palace in the sky. Doesn't that sound thrilling? Don't say no, it'll hurt my feelings. You're just what I've been looking for."

"We'll have to turn down your offer, your Majesty." Stormcaller said before grabbing the sword, raising it up, and stabbing it through Scarlet's tail and into the ground beneath it. All in one swift motion. The queen roared with fury and pain. She whipped her head around and blasted fire in all directions. Some hit Stormcaller but it barely even hurt.

"Fly!" Stormcaller yelled as some more flames hit him. The trio spread their wings and bolted into the sky with Scarlet's fire fitting Stormcaller but having no effect. They flew past the waterfall, where the river flowed out of a hole in the cliff. They flew up until they reached the top and whooshed onto a rocky plateau studded with dark green trees and bushes. The mountains loomed over them, impossibly high and unbearably big. The peaks zigzagged to the north and south like crooked dragon teeth, a jagged row that went on and on. The size and abnormal beauty that the Sky Kingdom had was why Stormcaller lived here.

Stormcaller lead the way, staying low and swooping around trees, staying hidden under the canopy. The sun was starting to peak over the tops of the mountains. "Here!" Stormcaller yelled, jerking his head toward a dent in the side of the mountain. They spiraled down to land on the ledge outside a small cave. From here Stormcaller could look over the rocky plateau, with valleys and mountain peaks spread out around them. The roar of the waterfall was a faint rumble in the distance.

"I can't believe you did that," Clay said to him. "I had to. It was either that or killing her." No one said anything. Tsunami scratched her gills, looking worried, then slipped into the shadows of the cave to check that it was empty.