Part 1: Chapter 5 & 6

(3rd Pov Stormcaller)

"Riptide," Sunny said again, "That's a funny name."
"I like it," Tsunami said. "Fierce and scary, like mine."
Riptide was pacing the beach, lashing his tail in a long swooshing trail through the sand. His sky-blue scales glinted metallically in the morning light/ He had claw-marks along his pale underbelly and what looked like an old bite mark on his tail. Stormcaller figured that he was only a few years older than the dragonets. The scratches Tsunami had given his snout had finally stopped bleed. It would most likely leave a scar.

"All right," he said. "So the Talons of Peace are real."
"Unfortunately," Glory muttered.
Riptide looked at the RainWing. Glory had found a large rock to perch on, spreading her wings open to the sun, and her scales were shimmering silver and rose.

"I thought everyone knew about the Talons," Sunny said.
"Just rumors and whispers," said Riptide. "None of the tribe queens would be pleased to find a member of the peace movement in their midst. Conspiring with other tribes? Stealing eggs?" He shook his head. "Queen Coral would kill any dragon she found working with the Talons." He glanced at Tsunami.

Clay was sitting with his tail in the water. He had muddy sand pack over the spot where Riptide had clawed him. Stormcaller wasn't hurt during their little fight, not that Riptide could hurt him. Sunny sat next to Stormcaller and the MudWing, giving Riptide fierce looks whenever he paced to close to close. Stormcaller this was a little funny.

"And you're the dragonets of destiny. For real. The ones in the prophecy. That's real." Riptide stopped, inhaled deeply, and blew out again. "And you're here. In SeaWing territory. Just like-" He glanced at Tsunami again, then went back to pacing.

"I know it's thrilling," Tsunami said. "But we're really looking for somewhere safe to go. The Talons of Peace treated us terribly, and I figured the SeaWings would welcome and protect us."
"I suppose," Riptide said not very reassuringly. "So you were all raised in a cave?" He stopped in front of Tsunami. "With no ocean? Never? You never went into the ocean?"
This seemed to be the hardest part for him to believe. "Not until we escaped," Tsunami said.
"But that's awful," said Riptide.

"Thank you," Tsunami said, flaring her wings. "I know it was. I've always said out life was miserable, but these dragons keep arguing with me."
"Not me," Glory said.
"I can't believe the Talons did that to you," Riptide said, clawing at the sand.
"Even Webs - Webs didn't take you to the ocean?" Riptide asked.
"You know about Webs?" Sunny asked.

Riptide ducked his head and frowned at his talons. "He's pretty infamous in the tribe. We all know he deserted during a battle, and later he came back and stole one of the queen's eggs. At least, Queen Coral was sure it was him. But nobody knew if he stole it for the Talons of Peace of for his own reasons. We're really not supposed to talk about the Talons of Peace rumors."

"Didn't anyone think he might have stolen the egg to be part of the prophecy?" Starflight asked.
Riptide nodded. "Some of us did. But again, nobody talked about it. Queen Blister doesn't like hearing about the prophecy, so that's also been a forbidden topic."
'Why does Blister get to decide that?' Stormcaller thought.

Tsunami wrinkled her snout. "Blister gets to decide what SeaWings talk about?" she said, having the same thought as Stormcaller.
Riptide shifted uncomfortably and picked up a large conch shell. He twisted it between his talons. "You'll want to call her Queen Blister when you meet her," he said.
"Not until we decide she should be queen," Tsunami said stoutly. "That's up to us, remember?"
Stormcaller shrugged.
It looked for a moment like Riptide was trying not to smile.

"Well," Starflight stammered, "she is a pretty good - I mean, she'd the smart one - I think we'll probably-"
"Huh?" Stormcaller said, confused. 'What is he talking about?'
"Did you know Webs?" Clay asked Riptide.
The SeaWing dropped his gaze, something that Stormcaller noticed. He figured that him and Webs once knew each other. "Not really. He ran away during a battle when I was only two years old. But I've been hearing about his treachery my whole life." He sighed. "I really can't believe he never took you to the ocean in all that time."
Now Stormcaller was sure that Riptide and Webs knew each other.