Chapter 15: A unicorn's head was going to grow out of my nostril

Unedited-feel free to point out my mistakes.

Chapter 15: A unicorn's head was going to grow out of my nostril

I felt a vein in my forehead pulse.

"How the FUCK did you not know?!"

"I wasn't looking! Im sorry!"

"Well how the fuck do you expect us to get to Oregon when we have NO FUCKING GAS?"

Oh! Hi guys! Welcome to my most recent problem in life. It's called Men- Are -Fucking- Stupid!

"I didn't know we were almost out?!"

"Almost- ALMOST! NO! We ARE OUT! Because you didn't think to look at the fucking gas meter thing! You expected to drive through a few states and NOT check the gas!"

I cannot believe him! I want to go home and I survive getting kidnapped twice, raped, and dealing with a bastard of an Alpha, only to get stranded in the middle of fucking no where with Maya and some fucking guy from Wal-Mart!

I breathe in deep through my nose and let it out through my mouth.

"I am sorry! How many times do I have to -" I raise my hand cutting him off.

"No. No no. It's fine. Just...." I breathe out deeply, "Let's just start walking until a car comes by or we find a car," I tell him as calmly as I could manage.

"What are we going to do?"

I feel my eye twitch as I turn and give him the answer, "I'm going to pull them out or we are going to hot-wire one. There's no way in hell there having a worse week than me."

He swallows and nods his head as I grab Maya's hand and we start walking on the side of the road.

I limp slightly as the bite on my leg throbs. And Adam gives me a curious look.

"What's wrong?"

"The wound on my leg from earlier," I tell him honestly, "hurts like a bitch to walk on."

"Want me to carry you," he asks me with a look of concern in his eyes.

"No," I tell him shaking my head, "I am fine. We don't need this to be to cliché."

I'm definitely not some damsel in distress.

"Okay," he says pausing, "will you tell me how you got hurt?"

I narrow my eyes thinking of an answer that won't betray my secret, "THe men who kidnapped me, they did it."

"With what?"

I bit my tongue and move my lips not telling him.

He nods his head seeming to understand, "Why did they kidnap you?"

I bite my tongue again and then say, "For their own self-interest."

"Why not go to the police?"

I let out a chuckle and say, "That's not wise."

"Why?"

I click my teeth together, "It would," I pause thinking of something to say, "It would lead them to find out some things they'd rather not know. What you don't know won't hurt you."

He looks at me from the side, "But it hurt you."

I suck in my lip, "Yeah. It did. Better me than someone else."

"What do you mean? How can you say that? I don't know you very well Aubrey, but I know you definitely don't deserve this," he said sounding slightly angry.