Chapter 5: "Karen, Aubrey is trying to eat my face!"

UNEDITED-Feel free to point out my mistakes.

Chapter 5: "Karen, Aubrey is trying to eat my face!"

"DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW WORRIED I HAVE BEEN?!?! I HAVE BEEN UP FOR HOURS AND HOURS AND HOURS WONDERING WHEN YOU WOULD GET HOME AND I DIDN'T KNOW WHAT THE HELL WAS GOING ON! AND THEN YOU DO COME HOME AND WITH A STRANGER! A STRANGER FOUND OUT YOUR SECRET! SHE COULD TELL THE ENTIRE WORLD ABOUT YOU! AND WE WOULD HAVE TO RUN TO THE ENDS OF THE EARTH TO AVOID BEING CAUGHT BY EVERYONE WHO WANTS YOU! SHE COULD RUIN YOUR LIFE AUBREY AND YOU LET HER FIGURE OUT YOUR SECRET,"Karen said pleasantly.

"Hey," Gina said sitting from our couch, "in the room."

Karen whipped her head around and glared at Gina, to which Gina held her arms up in surrender.

"Karen, I know," I said trying to appease her for the millionth time, "I know I screwed up. I shouldn't have ran off like that-"

"-YOU'RE DAMN RIGHT YOU SHOULDN'T OF-"

"-and I know I shouldn't of got mowed over by Gina's car, and that it was very childish to run off in the first place-"

"-your telling me-"

"-but I'm sorry-"

Karen pursed her lips together and drummed her fingers against her side and then let out her anger in a huff, "Fine. I guess I forgive you, but I swear to God if you ever run out on me like that again, I will mow you down with a damn bus."

"Yes Ma'am," I said saluting her.

"But.... You still need to learn you lesson," she said quietly to herself tapping her finger to her chin.

Oh God, I need to learn a lesson? Getting ran over by a car isn't lesson enough? I am going to die. Karen is going to kill me. Goodbye world! Nice knowing you!

Finally she thinks of something because a smirk begins to tug at the corners of her mouth.

"You know you should get to bed. You have school in the morning," Karen said with the slightest amusement in her voice.

I look at her and sputter,"Y-Y- you're kidding right?"

She gives me a smug smile, "The school called earlier today because you were absent and apparently you've had so many missing days that if you don't start showing up to school you might not be able to graduate."

"You can't just tell them I'm sick?"

She smirks in a sick twisted way,"What would be the fun in that? And aren't you the one who's going to school to feel normal?"

I growled internally (and possibly externally) because she is right of course. I told her months after we got away from Dell'Antonio and his goons the first time that I wanted to go to a normal public school.

You seriously don't starts appreciating the things you have until you don't have anymore.

So now, instead of bitching about school- oh who the hell am I kidding I still do that- I accept that it's a normal teenage experience and do it.

"Shit," I curse under my breathe inning up the stairs to my room.

I think of Gina's sitting on the couch wondering how awkward being alone with Karen must be and then I think, Screw her every woman for herself.

Yes, I'm kind like that.

I plop down on my bed and land on something, or rather someone who is occupying my bed

"Mmmmahhh," the voice mumbles, while I screech at the top of my lungs, "WHAT THE HELL!?!"

The person laying under me holds their ears and groans,