Chapter 14: Bunny

Unedited-feel free to point out my mistakes.

Chapter 14: Bunny

*Aubrey's POV*

After my lovely encounter with Alpha Henrick, as always, I followed him down to the kitchen with Maya's hand in mine.

If he thinks I'm letting her out of my sight he's one dumb fucking Alpha.

I open up the fridge and grab the tortillas, lettuce, shredded cheese, diced tomatoes, sour cream, and salsa and put it on the island counter.

I then grab frozen ground beef from the fridge and place it on the island.

"Your going to need more than that," Jonathan assures me, he then gives me a toothy grin, "your cooking for all of us, darling."

I felt my eye twitch before grabbing two more packs of meet from the freezer.

I thawed the first package in the microwave and busied myself with finding pans.

"This one," Jonathan said from right behind me, making my hair stand on end.

I reached and grabbed the skillet from him and contemplated hitting him with it before deciding that would end well, and I placed the skillet on the stove setting the temperature on medium.

I felt Jonathan's presence behind me while I was doing all of this.

I slowly feel my temper flare and I turn towards him, "If you want to eat you will get out of the kitchen."

He narrows his eyes but gives me a smug smile, "If you want to live, you will stop complaining."

I looked towards Maya to see if she had heard us but somebody had found her a coloring book to stay preoccupied.

How nice of them.

I turn towards him and look in his eyes. He wants me to fight back. He wants me to lose control.

"Please," I said sighing, "just go sit down. I don't want to argue with you," I tell him in a defeated voice. His smile lights up thinking that he won and he sits on the counter by the stove.

"Alpha," a female voice comes in to the kitchen, "Samuel is reporting-" she finally turns into the kitchen and sees us. She then looks at me and gives me a sympathetic look, she then looks back at Jonathan and says, "Samuel is reporting signs of Rogues at the North border."

Jonathan gets up and stalks toward the woman, "And why are you telling me this?"

"B-b-b-because, S-s-Samuel is in the me-me-medical w-ward right now."

"He's in the medical ward?!"Jonathan roars, "That should of been the first thing you said! I swear I can't count on you for anything! You are worthless and path-"

"Stop yelling at her! Damn it!" I screamed at Jonathan. He turned around and gave me an evil look, "I know my place I suggest you find yours," he spits at me.

I glare at him. To hell with the consequences, "I know my place and it's sure as hell over yours."

His eyes narrow at me and he drops the other girls arm. I look at her and nod my head signaling for her to go.

She scurries off and Jonathan doesn't even notice her absence as he stalks towards me.

His eyes are glistening murderously.

I look at Maya who is looking at me looking very scared.

I look over my shoulder and see a pantry.