29

"...After the Vanderfelt wedding?" Bucky questioned, knowing his sister wouldn't leave a second before.

"That could work.."

"That way Sal can't sign over anything to anyone and Jacey can go fuck himself.." Isabella couldn't help but grin as her brother stood up for her. With her.

Half brother or not, he was the only support she had ever had. Besides her mother.

"Alright. Deal."

"I can help with the arrangements, as long as I can come with you.." Marcel interrupted their private conversation. Bucky clenched his jaw but nonetheless, he nodded. He knew Marcel had connections and they would need those.

....

"Hey.. Are you okay ?" Lacey softly questioned, eyeing the long sleeved shirt her friend was wearing and the way she kept spacing out.

"S-sorry, yeah I'm good." Bella quickly reminded herself about the task in front of her. She was tying ribbons on the guests gifts. They could have simply hired someone to do it but Lacey wanted this time with her best friend..

"Bells.." A warning was in her tone and Bella knew she needed to explain what was going on but where could she start.

"You know I love you like a sister right?" Lacey stopped cutting ribbon, worriedly looking over at her friend to continue. Bella leaned in, they were at her house after all. Outside but she wasn't sure if guards were listening in or not.

"I'm running away after your reception.."

"What?!"

"My god.. That bastard." Lacey examined her friend's wrist. The swelling had gone down but it was badly bruised. "The make up artist said she could cover it for the ceremony.."

"Bella I don't give a shit about you covering it up. I care that this man has been hurting you and you didn't even come to me.."

"I'm sorry." Bella quickly choked on her words. Noticing guards that had become walking towards them after they saw her upset. "But I just.. I've been so scared Lace.."

"Ms Buchanan is there a problem?" Xavier asked, eyeing her friend suspiciously.

"Not at all.. I just—-"
"Can't you see she is having a personal moment!" Lacey snapped, "I don't think Kevin would appreciate you pestering his fiancé while she's so emotionally fragile.."

The head of security clenched his jaw before nodding.

"Just let us know if you need anything.. Back up." He instructed his men. He had his suspensions but knew better to argue with woman like Lacey Vanderfelt.

"..I've got you boo." Lacey reminded her, wiping some tears from her best friend's eyes. "Anything you or Bucky need, just let me know.."

...

"Honey!" Jacey called out as Bella and Lacey walked back into the house after finishing up their business.

"Uh yes?" Bella looked over at her smiling fiancé, she felt uneasy as he seemed so happy. Another woman was standing next to him. "Honey, I wanted to introduce you to our wedding planner.."