26

Zed took a breath, putting his fists back up as Wyatt and him continued sparing with one another. He enjoyed boxing, typically it was his work out of choice especially when he found himself stressed or in need of releasing some tension.

However as he spared with Wyatt it was doing little to ease his tension. The whole reason he came down here at this hour was because it was empty and he wanted to take out his aggression on the bag but of course Wyatt wanted to join and he felt like he couldn't deliver the punches he  desired because he didn't exactly want to hurt one of his own men.

He had been in meetings with his father, his brothers and so on. Zoey was barely speaking to him and some of the brotherhood still wanted blood to spill for the men we lost on that shipment pick up.

Zed had been doing everything in his power to avoid his room pretty much at all cost. At first he had been telling himself it was because he had been pent up in there, having to tend to a certain heiress but if he was being honest it felt.. like it was haunted. It just felt wrong to sit in there or be in there unless he was sleeping.

"You good?" Wyatt's voice ended his internal battle as he panted. "Yeah.. I just... I just feel restless."

"Restless?" Wyatt smirked, Zed was squirting water in his mouth when he gave his friend a look. "Yeah restless, what's the face for?"

"Maybe it's because your not as busy as you usually are.." He rolled his eyes, his face full of amusement but it was starting to grate on Zed's nerves.

"Well yeah I'm not a 24/7 baby sitter for that brat anymore."

"True but I was referring to how you also aren't screwing like four to six girls a week." It was Zed's turn to roll his eyes.

"I basically just went up against the most connected, powerful and wealthiest mafia family and spent months stressing myself for nothing give me a fucking break."

"I figured that alone would put you in the mood."

"Whatever." Zed muttered, running a hand through his hair as he realized one this was getting no where and two obviously nothing he was doing was even helping.

"...You sure you aren't missing a certain brat?" Wyatt used finger quotations, raising an eyebrow to see if he could get some kind of reaction out of his boss.

"Are you fucking with me?" When his friend shrugged his shoulders he couldn't help but scoff.

"I definitely don't miss that annoying prissy ass bitch..."

"Hey she wasn't that bad and your the one that kept her in your fucking closet.. and apparently fucked her regularly." Clenching his teeth Zed threw his gloves on the mat. "Putting out was the least she could do since I couldn't exactly go out without her running off.."

Wyatt pressed his lips into a thin line, nodding as he tossed his gloves on the mat as well.
"Whatever you say boss man."

He took that as his cue to leave, leaving Zed more pissed off than when he came down here in the first place.

Once Zed got to his room he let out a breath. It was quiet. Cold.

It was as it's always been but lately it wasn't giving him the comfort it usually did.