I take a seat opposite him while Jimin stands behind me, his face stoic as he stares ahead into the wall. Taehyung glances at him for a brief moment and corner of his lips crook up a little. "I didn't know you were that wary of me."

"I don't need to be wary of you even if I'm alone, King Taehyung. Its not my fault my best man is protective of me." Taehyung shrugs a little. He seems more level headed and cool than before or is just putting up an act to hide his impulsive behavior.
"Anyway, may I know why you took it upon yourself to visit me at a time like this, uninvited and uninformed?" I press the words.

"I had a feeling you'd be too slow in making up your mind. So, I made it easier for you. You were the one who said 'We can settle things peacefully'. So I'm here to settle things peacefully."

"What is it that you have to say?" I speak quickly wanting to get this over with. No matter what he says, I'll get triggered, I knew that. There really was no room left for a deal or negotiation.

"Right." He shifts a little and then looks for something on the couch. A tsk leaves his mouth as he scratches his forehead for a second.
He's doing this purposely. What could he get out of prolonging our little chat? I almost grew rigid when a possibility flashes in my mind.
He wants Y/N to come here.

The news must be spreading at this point. Is that why none of his soldiers came inside? No! My men wont let them roam free. Crap! I made sure she won't come out but making sure that the news won't reach her ears would have been a better option. What if she recognises their uniform? What if one of the maids start a gossip? She'd definitely find a way to crash our meeting if she gets a whiff of Taehyung's presence in the castle. She'd do it by hook or by crook.
I don't know why she was so adamant about him being a good guy, like she could really talk him out of this. The look in his eyes tells me otherwise, he's far too deep into this to back out now. That makes me even more curious to what he has to offer.

"Aha!" He reaches for something in his furry coat. A scroll?  

He slowly opens it and examine its content as if didn't do it before coming here. He's starting to piss me off but I refuse to show him any signs like all this is going according to what he planned. It would boost his ego.
I tap my fingers on the arm rest as every second starts to feel like an hour. His eyes momentarily fall on my fingers before he swiftly looks away, poking his inner cheek. Bastard! He must be enjoying this.

I can't have Y/N come here. The thought of them being in the same room doesn't set right with me.
"I have things to do, King Taehyung." The words come out more strained than I intended, showing my growing agitation.

"Of course, here. Take a look." He folds the scroll and passes it to me. I almost snatch it from his hand and open it.
What is this?

Park Jae hi

Kim Soomin 

Lee Jaeyoung 

The list goes on and on. I drop my eyes to the length of the entire page and it ends at number 160. What are these names? Who are these people? I've never heard their names before.
Before I could voice my thoughts, Taehyung speaks.

"They are your people. During any war that happened in our history, these men grew prey to my father's claws. They were captured and imprisoned in our dungeons-" I look back at the scroll, trying to find a familiar name. After trying hard, I find some names. These were the people I trained with as a beginner. I never saw them again after the last war and assumed them to be dead. This means what he's saying right now is absolutely true. "-I'm not as awful as my father."

He continues but momentarily I was overcome by pure anger. How dare they? Imprisonment of foreign soldiers who did no crime and were just following orders and doing their duty? They had absolutely no right to do such a horrid thing.
I don't give a damn about what explanation he has to give. This itself is a crime. If the soldiers of our kingdom were taken That means other kingdoms weren't spared either.
The Kingdom of Ulsan is really looking for war.

"Who gave your Father the right to do such a thing?" I interrupt him, gritting my teeth, no longer hiding my displeasure.

He blinks twice. "Why are you so shocked? Things like this happen all the time. One kingdom conspiring against other, you know." He shrugs as if its not a big deal.
Didn't he just claim he wasn't like his father a minute ago?

"No, I don't know. I don't seem to get this for no matter how much Venom we might hold against any of the kingdoms, we respect our and their soldiers. Its a matter of moral beliefs! Without your men supporting you, you're nothing but as simple as a commoner. You just cannot toy with them like this! What if one day your men turn against you, King Taehyung? What would you do?"

"Something like that won't ever happen. They speak the language of money and power. They don't join army to serve the kingdom, they do it to get better pay. And I won't be as simple as a commoner, I'll still be far richer than them." I feel a disturbing aura from behind me and instantly know Jimin is getting angry too.

One thing you shouldn't do infront of this guy is disrespect a soldier's loyalty. You'll know how wicked he is otherwise.
He is one of those who'd give up on anything to serve the crown.

I stop myself from speaking something irrational, taking in a deep breath. "Why are you showing this to me if you want to conspire against me?" I regain my composure and sit back while almost crumbling the scroll in my hand.

"I'm here for a n.e.g.o.t.i.a.t.i.o.n. King Jeon, if you didn't hear me correctly the last time." He sits back as well and holds his chin up. "I'll set them free." I simply wait. There must be a catch. He isn't the generous type. His words have mirrored his character well enough. "And I'll also stop the war." I don't know why but my heart thumbs loudly. I sense something terrible coming.

"And why would you do that? What benefit do you get out of this generous offer? After all, you wanted to see me dead."

"I want something else more than just seeing you dead." He smirks.

"I want Y/N in return."

The moment he says that, I grip the arm rest so hard, I feel the wooden material stick in my nails. Jimin instantly draws out his sword and swiftly places it close to his neck.
"Orders, Majesty."

He sits unaffected, staring back at me with a smug look. Jimin's sword touches the skin of his neck but he still refuses to give a reaction. "General." I warn him to back off and he instantly withdraws.
"And what if I refuse?" I stand up, looking down on him.
Is this the guy Y/N was defending this entire time?

"You'll get a gift every second day." He stands up while his eyes stay locked with mine. "Four new dead bodies of your precious soldiers, every second day. And Ofcourse, the warm welcome with a war."

***