27

Author's pov:

Y/N was officially the talk of the town. It hadn't even been half a day and everyone in Busan knew about this love interest of the King. Despite having mixed reactions, some sour, some neutral, some happy, every single person was curious to see this lady. They couldn't deny the rising curiosity and weren't patient enough to wait for a week. But they had to wait nevertheless.

Every single young girl had declared Y/N a good for nothing. They all couldn't help but think, why couldn't it be me then. What was so special about this commoner that the King refused to hear a word against her? Now they couldn't even bad mouth her openly.

While the citizens were trying to digest this new piece of information, the people residing in the castle were bewildered. Jungkook had put forward another rule- No one meets her in my absence. Jungkook himself knew he couldn't do this forever and that he was underestimating Y/N and overestimating the other royals by doing this. But Y/N was new to this world, she wasn't aware of the slow poisioning and back stabbing that runs down the history of any royal. A village girl brought up with values and morals wouldn't be able to fit in this spineless world that just seeks power. Her entire life took a 180° turn that too without her permission. This was the least he could do. This new rule made sure to keep his mother and the Yangsan royals away from her for the time being.

The Yangsan Royals. That shameless pair of mother and daughter didn't leave Busan even now. Why were they humiliating themselves like this? The only reason he wasn't kicking them out was because he didn't want another kingdom against him. And royals were the people who would get offended if someone breathed the wrong way.

He still remembers the banter he had with his mother a few days ago. It was by far the most angry he had been. He wasn't angry at his mother. No, he had made friends with the reality that she could and would stoop low to get her way. He was angry at General Park. He didnt expect this from Jimin. The only reason he assigned such a big role to Jimin was because he knew he wouldn't disappoint and yet he did.

The first thing he did on arriving in the Castle was ask for Jimin. He had stormed his way to his chambers and waited for the guy to arrive. Jaw clenched, he stared outside the windows into the serene depths of the forests to find some sense of peace. Nothing! The wait only ticked his nerves more as he crossed his arms at the back and stood erect. None of this would be happening if Jimin just did his job right. No Yangsan family in the castle, no Yangsan soldier would be roaming out in the open, Y/N wouldn't have crossed one and his identity wouldn't have been revealed like a secret he wanted to keep from her forever.

The door behind him opened. Jimin didn't bother asking for permission to enter. There was a sort of understanding between the two. They didn't see each other as two different ranks in the hierarchy. When the sound of the door closing echoed in the room Jungkook clicked his tongue loudly and turned.
"Your explanation better be good!"

But his stern expression faltered a little when he saw Jimin's head lowered with a disappointed frown on his face. Jungkook just knew something was wrong. "I don't have an explanation, Majesty. I let my guard down and I'm ready to pay for it." He finally looked up and met his eyes. "I'm ready to face the consequences." Jungkook wanted to be angry and he was but something in Jimin's eyes disturbed him.

"What happened?" Two words with clear meaning but Jimin couldn't bring himself to answer. He knew Jungkook wouldn't understand. Jungkook was oblivious to the world of romantic love and couldn't understand the dilemma he had gone through a few days ago. He'd actually be more angry and will definitely drag Miho into this and he didn't want that. She was already exposed to the eyes of Mrs.Jeon, he couldn't afford to bring Jungkook to notice her and wanted her to be a mere maid in Jungkook's eyes. She had suffered enough because of him. No, she always suffered just because of him. This time was getting kidnapped and beaten, next time- No! There won't be a next time. He had also committed the crime of killing those royal soldiers who layed their hands on her. They were about to harass her sexually when he had arrived on his horse. And after that he just saw red. Mrs.Jeon obviously let that go as she got what she wanted and those soldier's life meant nothing to her, but Jungkook wouldn't. He wouldn't let this go.